Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in February 2017

(1006 Posts)
McBaby Sat 21-May-16 12:14:30

Looks like I am the first one due 1st Feb but I tested very early as I felt weird and pregnant!

This is baby no 3 I have two DDs who are 2 and 3.

PhoebeGeebee Sat 21-May-16 16:02:46

No firm idea of due date yet (possibly 5th ish??) as have literally just found out this morning that I am pregnant.

First child, been trying just over a year, certainly did not expect a positive test this morning when I peed on a stick 'just to be on the safe side' as I'm supposed to be going 'out out' tonight. Totally overwhelmed, over the moon and terrified in equal measures!

Can't believe I'm even writing this, it's insane!

McBaby Sat 21-May-16 20:27:13

Congratulations. What a nice surprise when you were not expecting it.

I still feel like it's not real I need to find a digital test to see it in writing! But dd2 has chicken pox and I am confined to the house with her.

PhoebeGeebee Sat 21-May-16 22:40:28

I did the same! Didn't believe the two pink lines so had to get the one that actually said the word PREGNANT!!!

Sorry to hear about the dreaded pox, hope she feels better soon and that you manage to get a digi test soon. Fingers crossed for you.

wispaxmas Mon 23-May-16 20:59:55

Hiya, you two. Looks like I'm another 1 Feb edd. FX for sticky beans, I'm going to book in a viability scan at 8 weeks as I found the first trimester nearly unbearable last time.

PhoebeGeebee Mon 23-May-16 22:22:08

I'm planning on doing the same wispa - it just seems such a crazily long time to wait until the 12 week scan!

Anyone else having weird stretchy stomach cramps?? I've read its normal but it feels a bit freaky...

sleepylil Tue 24-May-16 07:13:18

Hi ladies! I think I'm due 30jan-1feb ish and as I was over with my first I thought I'd go for the Feb group smile how you all feeling?

wispaxmas Tue 24-May-16 08:44:37

Hiya sleepylil, no symptoms whatsoever here. I'm still shocked as it was unexpectedly first cycle trying when it took several with our first. Tbh I wanted a larger age gap, but agreed with DH to start trying about 4 months before my desired age gap because he had been so keen since Christmas confused age gap will be 2 years 8 months, and even though I know that's not particularly short, I'm still a bit on edge.

What are your age gaps if not #1?

Mcbaby, sorry to hear about the chicken pox! Better to get it out of the way before a new baby comes into the mix, though? I had to get my DD the jab before going to stay with family for a month due to my step dad being on chemo and knowing a few friends had the pox in their houses. Glad I did now I'm pregnant!

sleepylil Tue 24-May-16 08:58:09

Hi wispa!
I'm still in shock too tbh. I was told in my early twenties I couldn't have kids. When I was 34 we decided to look at adoption. The doc suggested that we might be able to try IVF but that it would be a relatively low chance of success but that i should be aware of the options. She asked that although we knew I couldn't conceive that for tick box purposes we would need to "try" for 6 months with no success before she could start ball rolling with all the official tests etc that we need in order to proceed with looking into IVF. Well, we ended up pregnant on the first go of trying naturally! We were both massively shocked. Noah is coming up to 18 months now. The docs advised that we shouldn't get our hopes up that we would be able to conceive another naturally if we decided we would like a second. We started trying last month, so first time again! I can hardly believe it. So all being well baby will be born when Noah is almost 2yrs 2 months. Ok, so theres my life story! confused Crazy when it takes you by surprise eh!

McBaby Tue 24-May-16 09:15:51

Congratulations to the new arrivals.

I have 20 months between DD1 and dd2 and there will be 2 years and 9 months between these 2 which seems like a big gap in comparison. We were going to start trying for no 3 next month ... So it really is a an amazing surprise!

Feeling rough my morning sickness always starts a week after ovulation! Which is how I have always found out so early! Tummy is a bit crampy and tired (but that could just be from running around after the girls).

sleepylil Wed 25-May-16 06:39:57

Just realised that should've said *docs said we wouldn't be able to conceive a second.

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 07:00:34

Can I join you ladies? Been dithering between joining this thread and the Jan thread as I'm due 29 Jan but DS was quite late so I think I'll end up with a Feb baby!

sleepylil age gap almost exactly the same as yours - DS is 17 months and will be almost 2 years 2 months between DC. I think it's going to be hard work! Congrats on conceiving naturally first time both times, that really is amazing!

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 07:01:03

Can I join you ladies? Been dithering between joining this thread and the Jan thread as I'm due 29 Jan but DS was quite late so I think I'll end up with a Feb baby!

sleepylil age gap almost exactly the same as yours - DS is 17 months and will be almost 2 years 2 months between DC. I think it's going to be hard work! Congrats on conceiving naturally first time both times, that really is amazing!

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 07:02:16

Sorry for the double post - it said the first didn't work!

sleepylil Wed 25-May-16 07:33:24

Hi twocats! Yeah I'm terrified of trying to wrangle 2, my son is a handful on his own!

wispaxmas Wed 25-May-16 10:33:34

I'm petrified. Honestly didn't expect the BFP and it's taking a long time to come around to the idea. I'm hoping coming on MN will help me process it!

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 10:45:31

wispa we'd always wanted a second, and decided ages ago that we'd try in May because DS birthday is December so we wanted to avoid another near Christmas. So this is very much all part of the plan. But now it's actually real I'm less excited than I thought I would be, and a bit scared too.

How was your pregnancy last time? I had a straightforward pregnancy but ended up with an EMCS with DS so the thought of having to go that again scares the hell out of me.

Also we've decided that I'll take a few years out of work when we have this one as although I'm lucky that my salary would cover the nursery fees, it wouldn't leave enough left to be worth the stress of juggling a long commute, work, and two kids! So that's terrifying me as well as I loved my mat leave but I don't know how good I'll be at being a SAHM longer term!

Readytosettle Wed 25-May-16 12:01:21

Hello, BFP this morning....technically due 31st Jan but given I was so late with my first decided I'm better off in the Feb club!

Stats as follows:
Age- 33
DC2 (I have a DS, born Oct '13)
Due 31st Jan (4+1)

wispaxmas Wed 25-May-16 12:30:46

twocats, pregnancy last time was largely fine, despite the heart burn and late stage PGP and horrifically swollen feet and ankles. Labour was fine, too, generally, but it was 40 hours long and I ended up with a 3rd degree tear and 3l blood loss, so while not quite an EMCS it was an emergency situation is rather avoid next time as well (especially given my recovery was twice as long as my sisters with a planned section angry).. I'll be asking for a planned section this time. Probably. At my 6 wk hospital check last time they suggested it might be an option, anyway.

This was planned, but I didn't expect it to happen first time trying! DH wanted to try from Christmas, but I fobbed him off until February when I agreed to NTNP, but then I flipped out and totally changed my mind and avoided the FW and told him I needed to wait a couple more months. I still thought I could wrangle a bit more time, though, whoops blush

DD will be two next month and I'm mainly a SAHM as my job wouldn't cover nursery, dog walker, and travel expenses, but I do work some weekends and school holidays. It gives me time to focus on other things so my mind stays fresh, but then I'm home with DD most of the time. It's actually quite nice!

wispaxmas Wed 25-May-16 12:34:03

Oh, twocats, your post about guidelines in the relaxed thread made me think of this, but did you ever read Expecting Better by Emily Oster? I think that's her name, anyway. Best book EVER for understanding the dos and don'ts of pregnancy, I'd highly recommend it to everyone.

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 12:47:23

Sorry, wispa that doesn't sound fun at all. I was in labour for over 40 hours too, with 12 hours of that on a syntocinon drip to 'augment' my labour before they realised DS was stuck and in distress from being squeezed with the induced contractions, hence the EMCS. Undecided about ELCS this time round - part of me wants to go for it in case I end up with another EMCS - if I'm going to have a section, I definitely want it to be planned! But then I'm worried about the recovery from a section with a two-year old, and I hated being stuck at home last time as I wasn't allowed to drive and wasn't well enough to walk into town for about a month. I guess I'll get through the first trimester first and then think about it!

Yeah I'm sure it's lovely! I get Fridays off to spend with DS and it's my favourite day of the week, and I loved having almost a year off with him last year. It's just that I think being at work is probably easier than being a SAHM of two!

I think the reason I'm not that excited is probably because it hasn't sunk in yet - give it a few weeks when the nausea and exhaustion really kick in and I'm sure it'll feel a lot more real!

How is everyone feeling so far?

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 12:47:25

Sorry, wispa that doesn't sound fun at all. I was in labour for over 40 hours too, with 12 hours of that on a syntocinon drip to 'augment' my labour before they realised DS was stuck and in distress from being squeezed with the induced contractions, hence the EMCS. Undecided about ELCS this time round - part of me wants to go for it in case I end up with another EMCS - if I'm going to have a section, I definitely want it to be planned! But then I'm worried about the recovery from a section with a two-year old, and I hated being stuck at home last time as I wasn't allowed to drive and wasn't well enough to walk into town for about a month. I guess I'll get through the first trimester first and then think about it!

Yeah I'm sure it's lovely! I get Fridays off to spend with DS and it's my favourite day of the week, and I loved having almost a year off with him last year. It's just that I think being at work is probably easier than being a SAHM of two!

I think the reason I'm not that excited is probably because it hasn't sunk in yet - give it a few weeks when the nausea and exhaustion really kick in and I'm sure it'll feel a lot more real!

How is everyone feeling so far?

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 12:49:32

wispa yes I read that book last time and have been recommending it to everyone since, it's brilliant for making informed decisions! Was just thinking as I was typing that post that I should dig it out and read it again.

Readytosettle Wed 25-May-16 12:57:52

So I'm also pretty surprised to be pg this quickly....was hoping for a march baby but thought it'd take a few months to get back in the swing after being period free on cerazette. Ah well, this timing is prob best from a work point of view even if I don't get as much sunshine on mat leave (DH and I shared mat leave last time & we plan to do the same this time so it's back to work at 6mths for me).

I've been feeling nauseous already (that's what made me test!) but that was my only issue last pg....until labour. DS was 16days late in the end after lots of people refusing to me induce me until I was 14 days over & then me having a horrendous 40hr labour, 1hr45mins pushing & delivering a 10lb baby followed by a significant amount of stitches! I will NOT be allowing them to wait til 42 weeks for an induction this time around.

twocatsandatoddler Wed 25-May-16 13:16:19

I have mild waves of nausea on and off but nothing too bad yet, actually I felt worse last week than I do this week which is strange as the hormone levels weren't strong enough to show up on a test last week so you'd think it would be the other way round!

The main symptom I had last time was complete and utter exhaustion throughout the first trimester, I did feel nauseous but mainly when I was tired or hungry. After that I felt fine until the last month or so when I was big and uncomfortable. We moved house when I was about 17 weeks and I was very busy doing lots of DIY so I think being active helped a lot. I've started running again recently and am going to continue trying to do that as long as possible.

This thread is not accepting new messages.