Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who's recently found out they're preggers?

(64 Posts)
nervoussam Tue 17-May-16 15:07:37

Hi, Apologies if there is a similar thread of a Jan babies one. Just thought I'd see who else is out there.

I found out I was pregnant just over a week ago, saw GP on Thursday and I'm booked in for an early scan next Friday (as I was on Clomid).

So far, my dates put me as 5 weeks + 3 days and due Jan 14th. What about you lot?

I have to say I'm not feeling all that pregnant at the moment, I'm sure that will change, but hopefully the sickness won't come my way (other than a small amount of nausea I've had a couple of mornings).

So tell me about you, when/how did you find out, how long had you been trying, how are you feeling, when will you tell people etc etc!!!!

KimmyElouise Tue 17-May-16 15:36:18

i found out today! so excited but so nervous as im a first time mum been trying for around 2 months now and was so happy to see that second pink line think we will wait to tell people till after our first scan as we have a history of early miscarriage in out family.

nervoussam Tue 17-May-16 15:42:12

Hi Kimmy, congratulations! And only 2 months trying, that's fab! Good luck with your pregnancy and scan!

summerskittles91 Tue 17-May-16 16:10:06

I found at at the beginning of the month.. 6 weeks 2 days and due Jan 8th.

I had some bleeding though so have a reassurance scan later today.. feeling incredibly nervous. Almost preparing myself for the worst sad

nervoussam Tue 17-May-16 16:19:25

Hi Summerskittles, from what I've read some bleeding can be totally normal! At least you're having a scan and can know for sure. Sending you hugs and huge positive thoughts! Let us know how you get on?

summerskittles91 Tue 17-May-16 16:34:33

Thank you nervoussam!

Scan is at 7:30pm tonight. Booked a private one as I've just felt so panicked.. I'll let you guys know later how it goes.

I've had a load of symptoms even after the bleed but i guess ill get my confirmation tonight..

AuntieStella Tue 17-May-16 16:41:06

There is a separate topic for pregnancy chat threads. If you look how busy it is, you'll see why. This topic would be swamped.

Try these threads:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2620774-Late-December-Early-January-17-Babies

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2626435-January-2017-babies

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2561991-Second-or-subsequent-babies-due-Jan-Feb-Mar-continued

Mollie1233 Wed 18-May-16 01:15:49

Hi ladies, nice to meet you all !!! After an etopic in December and a previous miscarriage my hopes were crushed because at 28 I thought if never be able to conceive . So today I found out I am 16 weeks!!!!!!!!! Got to see the head and there's a heart beat . I am in state of shock because I never knew I was pregnant this time and we did a pregnancy test back in March !! I am shocked and scared at the same time because I actually seen the baby today . I just wanted to share my story with you guys because my next step is to get in to the prenatal clinic to make sure the little bundle of joy is okay even though they told me every thing at emerge was okay . I'm still in utter shock like I have been dreaming

nervoussam Wed 18-May-16 08:24:41

Hi Summerskittles, how did you get on last night?

Thanks Auntiestella, but I find those large threads a bit daunting and hard to follow, was just hoping to share some experiences with a smaller number of mums to be here instead. I'm sure others don't mind me doing so.

Wow Mollie! To find out you are 16 weeks straight away must have been a shock! A nice one though! Means you must have had a good first trimester to have missed all the sickness and tiredness! So pleased for you after your previous disappointment! When do you go to the pre-natal clinic?

Christina00MumToBe Wed 18-May-16 09:15:41

Glad that I found this thread! I am also 6 weeks and due on the 10th of Jan. Anyone based in Surrey here? I am in Guildford. Cant wait for my first midwife appointment on the 7th of June!

boodles101 Wed 18-May-16 19:56:30

Hi ladies I'm 6+2 due January 9th with first baby. Very nervous and anxious for first appointment to confirm everything is going OK. So far only had tender boobs and feeling knackered all day.

ellamay11 Wed 18-May-16 20:19:40

Hello! I'm 5 weeks, did a test on sunday 😁 Had an ectopic in Nobember so am prettg nervous and trying to stay positive. Have an early scan next thursday so hopefully all
Is ok this time 😀

hels18 Thu 19-May-16 06:54:15

Im 5+2 and got my first BFP at th weekend. I was so convinced I was about to get AF this month so it was a big surprise! Am off to the doctor this morning as not really sure what to do next! Sore boobs already, feeling a little sea sick and completely exhausted by about 3pm at work but I don't real feel pregnant as its not sunk in. Also VERY bloated already! Wearing baggy tops as an usually relatively slim so am conscious it might be a giveaway at work!

cindyrella Thu 19-May-16 08:09:06

Hello!
Due 14th Jan too smile
Currently sitting in bed unable to get up from dizziness. Didnt have morning sickness 1st time around so stressing there's twins in there!
Mollie1233 I had a wee giggle at 28 years...I'm going to be pregnant (all going well) on my 40th birthday!

cindyrella Thu 19-May-16 08:12:13

Ps summerskittles91 waiting to hear how you got on too. I have also had bleeding but had in 1st pregnancy too so trying hard not to worry.

hels18 Thu 19-May-16 08:47:57

Just had my first Dr appointment and he said the midwife will call me in the next few weeks to arrange my 8 week check. Received an information pack, but not much other info really. Now it's just a few weeks to wait - it's a very weird feeling!

LBNM19 Sun 22-May-16 09:32:16

Hi, I am due on the 10th of Jan. I found out a couple off weeks ok that I'm pregnant (on my birthday 😄) this is my 3rd baby and I'm 26 Xx

Boadiccea Sun 22-May-16 20:31:21

Hi all, according to my calculations I'm due 18th Jan! I'm 5 +4 and found out last week when thought was period coming on but googled and saw signs matched pregnancy. Did a digital test on Tuesday and said pregnant! I still can't quite believe it but have felt very queasy and tired the past few days. This is my first so not sure what to expect. When and how do I make contact with a midwife and can I choose a hospital or get allocated? Hope you all feel good x

nervoussam Mon 23-May-16 11:17:24

Lots of excited but weird feelings going on! I agree, I feel like that too!
Despite originally not really having any symptoms, 6 weeks came around and I was hit with a wave of tiredness, also been having some nausea but not being sick thankfully. Feel like I just need a few days sleep to catch up, but instead I have a couple of days away for work - blugh!

Boadiccea I just went to tell my GP and made an appointment with the midwife while I was there. If you at least see them first they can help you with any decisions around hospitals etc (I'd expect anyway!)

LBNM19 what a lovely birthday present!

hels18 I haven't had a pack yet? Assumed I'd get something at my first midwife appt. Did the GP give it to you or was it posted?

Summerskittles91 hope everything was ok at the scan?

hels18 Mon 23-May-16 14:18:12

nervoussam The pack was from my Doctor, I am guessing it's something the surgery does for their patients as not everyone seems to get this. It includes a lot of information about the appointments I'll need to attend and at which weeks, dietary advice, vitamins I should be taking, contact numbers for the midwives etc. Most of it I have found on line anyway, but is handy to have it all in one place and so my husband can read through it!

broodykingy Mon 23-May-16 14:56:27

Hi all,

After 19 months of trying and this month doing all we could possibly think about I got a positive line (on 3 pregnancy tests haha) on Sunday 15th. By my calcs I am due on 24th January and currently 4 weeks and 6days. Wishing the days to go by as just want to see that everything is ok!! Keeping everything crossed. Ive had sore boobs since before I found out, had pms like pains and have slightly gone off food. The thing I'm finding hardest is to lie to everyone around me as most people knew we were trying to conceive as we were having tests.

broodykingy Mon 23-May-16 15:18:49

Also congratulations to everyone!!!

I did end up doing another 2 pregnancy tests in the week I found out as I was so shocked and just couldn't believe that I was actually pregnant haha.

EvieT1 Mon 23-May-16 20:05:36

Hi everyone,

I'm 6 weeks pregnant, due with my third baby on the 9th! I'm quite nervous at the moment as I had a mc at Christmas, but I'm feeling quite different this time.
Have quite bad nausea and everything apart from water is making me feel bleurgghh! Totally bloated and knackered!

Broodykingy, I'm also finding it hard to lie, especially as everyone seems to want to go out at the moment, so not drinking is making people really suspicious!!

Ambakathleenmary92 Mon 23-May-16 23:49:08

OK so I've done 3 tests today after missing my period by 3 weeks, first one there was a faint second line but then the next 2 over thecourse of 2 days showed 2 lines almost instantly..... I'm very new to all this what do I do next?

Wintersummerwintersummer Tue 24-May-16 05:39:55

Can I join? Due on 22 Jan do 5+1. This will be dc2, conceived on 4th cycle. Like everyone- am just wishing the time away and praying for a sticky bean.

Amba- I self referred to MW this time but if it's your first, get yourself to the gp and this will start the ball rolling. V little happens between now and your scan though so prepare to be underwhelmed! Congratulations everyone!!! Xxc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now