Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early scans

(3 Posts)
nataliefruit Tue 03-May-16 09:41:43

Hi all,

I'm a little over 6 weeks and I'm just wondering if early acans are worth it? I'm not expecting to see much but it would give some reassurance that it's not ectopic, that little bubs growing properly etc.

Thanks ladies smile

RaeSkywalker Tue 03-May-16 09:54:23

I had one at 7+1 on the NHS because I have
HG and my consultant wanted to check for multiples. It was lovely to see the heartbeat (just one little bean in there!) I know that a lot of people pay for them privately because they find them reassuring, especially if they have a history of losses, a D I absoloutely understand why.

The only thing I'd say is that it's just a snapshot of a moment in time- I know that all was ok at 7+1 at 8:30am, but I am just as nervous about my 12 week scan next week as I would be without the early scan under my belt. A lot can happen in the first trimester (I'm thinking particularly of the placenta taking over), and unfortunately I know of 2 people who have had missed miscarriages that were only picked up at 12 weeks.

If you'd find it reassuring then go for it though. I realise I probably sound like a miserable git but it was a lovely experience- sorry blush

Bobbycatz Tue 03-May-16 18:34:06

I agree with Rae

I paid for one at about 7 weeks and it was hugely reassuring at the time given that I had suffered two early miscarriages before, but I still had the anxiety waiting for the 12 week scan.

Congrats on the pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now