Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2017 babies

(1000 Posts)
RosieposiePuddingandPi Sat 30-Apr-16 07:33:07

I know there's already a thread up for early Jan babies but couldn't see one for the rest of Jan (probably as I'm jumping the gun a bit here!).

This is my first proper pregnancy and I'm a planner by nature so I need some kind of place to talk about this so I don't drive my DP mad!

Bit about me:
I'm 28
This is baby number one
EDD 6th Jan.

Anyone else want to join me?

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 30-Apr-16 09:53:26

Hi Rosie, I've just posted in the early Jan board because my due date is NYE but DD was 14 days overdue so thinking that I'll probably be having a mid-Jan baby!

MagpieCursedTea Sat 30-Apr-16 13:07:13

Hello! Can I join please? I've just found out today that I'm expecting my second baby after 17 months of TTC. According to my LMP my due date is Christmas Day but I ovulated very late and that puts my EDD at 8th January.
It doesn't seem real but I'm cautiously excited!

cuckoowith2 Sat 30-Apr-16 17:36:16

Hi can I join too?

Got my BFP today, due 9th Jan with my 3rd, already have 3yo DD and 2yo DS! Got everything crossed that this is a sticky one as suffered a mc on 6th Feb! Feeling positive though as iv been testing since Thursday and they have been getting stronger since then, got a positive 1-2 weeks on clear blue digi today, af not actually due till mon though although I think I ovulated early! Anyway I'll stop waffling now grin xx

RosieposiePuddingandPi Sun 01-May-16 07:43:09

Hi everyone! Congrats on all your BFPs!

Teaandbiscuits That is quite a potential wait! I did have a read of the early Jan board but thought someone's going to have to start an all of Jan thread soon so I may as well get on with it grin

Magpie That's so exciting after 17 months! A Christmas day LMP is so lovely smile but at least if your date ends up moving back to the 8th it'll make for an interesting end to the year grin That's what I'm telling myself anyway so I don't freak out about being heavily pregnant over New Year.

Cuckoo Sorry to hear about your mc flowers I've got everything crossed that we all have sticky beans! I haven't had a positive yet on a CB digital but it looks like I'm still not producing a lot of hcg so getting a clear 1-2 weeks looks like a good sign!

Are any of you getting any morning sickness yet? I'm waking up every morning feeling bloated and awful - praying it's not going to be like this for too long!

MagpieCursedTea Sun 01-May-16 07:55:23

Yes! I feel so sick. I didn't get any nausea until around 6 weeks with DS but I'm feeling very sick already. I'm hoping it's a good sign but it's pretty unpleasant!
I'm finding I've got a lot more symptoms this time around, maybe my body just knows what's happening.

minniem0use Sun 01-May-16 08:41:26

Hi, joining too! I'm thrilled to get my bfp this morning 9 months and one mc after we started ttc our no n2!

EDD is 10th Jan, I'm only 12 dpo so hope this one sticks! smile

daisysunshine2 Sun 01-May-16 20:43:11

Joining with a BFP yesterday 😊 EDD 07/01, 1 ds 8.5 months shock. Decided we'd see what happens (after it taking 16 months to conceive ds) and bam, pregnant first month whilst still breastfeeding! grin

teaandbiscuitsforme Sun 01-May-16 20:51:24

Lovely to see more January EDDs popping up! Congratulations all!

I thought I was getting morning sickness symptoms last weekend but it turned out we all had a sickness bug! Been feeling ok all well but starting to feel a bit sick this weekend. Think I wore travel sickness bands from about 6 weeks with DD so might have to dig them out again!

daisy - I'm still breastfeeding too (DD is 13 months). Are you planning to continue with your DS? DD is definitely not ready to stop (not sure she ever will!!) so wondering how she's going to cope with this pregnancy!

SincerelyRosie Sun 01-May-16 21:09:42

Room for one more?

I have irregular periods so can only date using CB digi which means u should be around jan 3rd!!

cuckoowith2 Mon 02-May-16 07:34:29

Congrats everyone!

Daisysunshine that happened with my first 2, DD was only 9 months with I fell with DS! 18 months between them, it's chaos at times but great fun! Can't be that bad as I'm now expecting number 3 grin slightly bigger age gap this time though!

Iv been doing tests everyday since Thursday as I'm paranoid after mc last time! Last night I got a really strong line on a first response, this morning I did another and it wasn't quite as strong shock I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about but I can't help it! Iv also done a clear blue digi this morning which still says 'pregnant 1-2' so fingers crossed! I think I need to stop testing before I drive myself insane! blush x

RosieposiePuddingandPi Mon 02-May-16 07:56:15

Welcome minnie, daisy, and sincerelyrosie (good to see another rosie on here grin) Congrats on all the BFPs!

I'm still getting a bit of sickness in the mornings but I seem to have moved on now to major dry mouth overnight and wavea of pure exhaustion during the day.

tea I had a sickness bug last month around when AF was due and although we weren't trying then I was convinced it was morning sickness!

cuckoo step away from the tests! grin I know how you feel though,I've been testing daily since I found out just to reassure DP that this is actually happening and this morning I haven't tested. I'm already starting to feel paranoid! I think I'm going to have to ask him to hide my last few tests somewhere I can't find them.
I'm sure this morning's test is nothing to worry about though, it could be any number of things.
I've still been getting pretty faint lines but yesterday did think they were slightly darker. I'm saving my saving my laat digital for next weekend just to check smile

MagpieCursedTea Mon 02-May-16 09:05:55

Congratulations to everyone just joining!

Cuckoo I've had a pretty similar experience this morning. The FRER was a bit fainter than it was a couple of days ago (I did a CBD yesterday that was 1-2 weeks). I got pretty upset about it and then did an Internet cheapie that was darker. It's stressful isn't it? I also know I should step away from the tests but I don't think I can.

cuckoowith2 Mon 02-May-16 09:16:58

Magpie it's good to know I'm not alone! I was at a family thing yesterday afternoon and just had fizzy drinks all afternoon so I think my wee was probably quite strong after that (sorry tmi) I'm calling the docs first thing tomorrow to see if I can get in for an early scan!

Palimpsester Mon 02-May-16 18:41:10

Hello everyone, can I join?
first pregnancy, due 2 Jan 2017, 40
started TTC in March so I am a bit discombobulated (but thrilled) to have (5) positive tests. Breasts hurt, bit nauseous but also feel a bit of fraud and wonder if I am imagining half of the symptoms. On a massively steep learning curve since first positive test on Wednesday evening and just getting my head round it!

ZylaB Mon 02-May-16 18:53:15

Hi,
Can I join! Baby number 2, EDD 3rd Jan but I'm diabetic and won't be allowed to go full term so it'll be a December baby, which is why I don't know which thread to join and have joined more then one! blush
Not feeling sick yet, which I think is good because I was really very sick with DD, but I'm hungry all the time at the moment!

MagpieCursedTea Mon 02-May-16 21:15:02

Congratulations palimpsester and zyla!

Hope you manage to get your early scan cuckoo!

Perkins1 Mon 02-May-16 22:56:05

Hi there, tentatively joining after a BFP yesterday! We've been trying for DC2 for about 12 months. I kind of feel a little numb about it as I'm worried that if I get excited it'll all go pear shaped confused. This is never how u imagine it to be is it?!

MagpieCursedTea Tue 03-May-16 07:44:08

Congratulations Perkins! I know exactly what you mean, when you're TTC the BFP is the goal and it's all you can think about. Then when it happens it's a whole new world of worry!

RosieposiePuddingandPi Tue 03-May-16 14:42:54

Congrats Palimpsester, Zyla and Perkins! I love popping in and seeing more people here smile

Palimpsester I know exactly what you mean with wondering if you're imagining the symptoms. I've felt very definitely pregnant up until today but then this morning it feels like nothing has ever happened and despite tests stating the opposite I'm beginning to wonder whether I've imagined the whole thing!
I'm trying not to wish nausea upon myself but it was a lot more reassuring when it was here!

cuckoowith2 Tue 03-May-16 15:45:22

Hi ladies, hope everyone's well! Congrats ladies just joining!

I did another test this morning which had a much darker line than yesterday so feeling much better about it now! Booked an appointment with the gp for next mon so fingers crossed! X

ZylaB Tue 03-May-16 16:28:17

I felt much less tired this morning and played with dd loads at toddler groups, then this afternoon (after another group and a walk) ive been getting bad pains - that'll teach me I guess!

Cottagecosy Tue 03-May-16 17:45:35

Yey someone started a thread! Hey everyone. I'm 29, first pregnancy and am 5+2 ish now, due Jan 1st!

Very excited but wasn't really prepared for all the anxiety around whether bean will stick. I imagined this period would be all happiness but I feel like I need to hold myself back, just incase.

I had pains and bloating for the first week or so following bfp but that seems to have passed now and it doesn't feel real!

Iv booked in for an early scan at 8wks so I can tell family when I see them in June so just got to hold out a few weeks.

No one tells you this bit is so worrying do they?!

Well wishes to everyone smile

Criceta Tue 03-May-16 19:10:10

Hi all, congratulations on your BFPs - can I join too? BFP today after 6 months TTC - I am 39 and this will be our first - very excited! Baby is due 7th January.

I haven't had any symptoms yet, just a missed period (I had spotting instead of a period for one day last week and wondered why it stopped so quickly).

Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories over the coming months! smile

mayago Tue 03-May-16 19:53:42

Congratulations, ladies!

I got my BFP just over a week ago; EDD 4th January. This will be my first, at 34, and I'm terrified! I'm trying to book in an early scan next week, at 6+1. My parents are visiting the following day and I'd like to know everything is at least semi okay before I tell them.

I'm super bloated to the point I can't fit into my jeans, and starting to get dizzy spells. I'm sure morning sickness is just around the corner hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.