Talk

Advanced search

July 2016 (7) We're halfway to meeting our little bubs

(966 Posts)
allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Fri 04-Mar-16 06:47:25

Hi all started a new thread as the old one was getting almost to 1000. We're a very chatty bunch! Happy Friday stdavids

julfin Fri 04-Mar-16 07:00:51

Thanks Allthegood!

20+3

birdandbee Fri 04-Mar-16 07:27:24

Thank you Allthegood!

Hope everyone has a good day!

22 weeks today!! grin]

SunnyScot89 Fri 04-Mar-16 07:58:22

Hello, checking in on the new thread. Happy Friday everyone!!!

Cheery1 Fri 04-Mar-16 07:59:40

Thanks allthegood - love the daffodil!

Thom80 Fri 04-Mar-16 08:37:24

Happy Friday - it is such a lovely sunny day. I wish I was not at work and able to enjoy it!! Hope everyone has a great day.

beckslovestimmy Fri 04-Mar-16 08:40:50

Hi ladies, marking my place. 24+3 today!

Gx91 Fri 04-Mar-16 08:43:38

Hey all marking my place

20+1 today

Have a great Friday grinx

smallplainblonde Fri 04-Mar-16 09:26:38

Hi ladies, I've not had much luck keeping up with other threads but am making it my mission to be involved with this one! I'm 19 + 6 today and have to wait until next Friday for my anomaly scan. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby again but also very nervous. Happy Friday all.

Scase1firsttimemum Fri 04-Mar-16 09:35:35

Marking my place, thank you for the new thread!!

21+3

Scase1firsttimemum Fri 04-Mar-16 09:54:49

My partners sister is in labour right now and IM SO EXCITED!!!gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

Thom80 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:13:50

Scase - that is great news. You will soon be an Aunt & it is just in time for Mother's Day!

IndiansInTheLobby Fri 04-Mar-16 10:24:16

hi all. Around 22 weeks now. Speeding by. It definitely makes a difference this time being self employed. When I worked in school it went so slowly, but I'm so busy with work it's flying by! In fact I was working out that I only have 3 months of invoices to go out until I'm off.
Bluebell I have bad health anxiety-one reason why I'm on anti depressants as they chill me out. My mind can run away with me and I really have to fight it. My biggest fears are death-not my own, but my loved ones. I've always been the same. I've been to the doctors 3 times before to have my breasts checked professionally as I convince myself something is wrong. It's always been fine and put my mind at ease.

smallplainblonde Fri 04-Mar-16 10:24:26

Lovely Scase, plenty of newborn cuddles for you!

Vickie360 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:24:50

Hi marking my place thank you for the new thread. How exciting Scase

Vickie360 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:25:51

Oh forgot to say 21 weeks today just over half way!

IndiansInTheLobby Fri 04-Mar-16 10:25:59

Just need to share my little Peter Rabbit who went off merrily to World Book day today.

Woodsy81 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:36:11

Morning everyone. I am marking my place. Hope everyone is good. Exciting about your partners sister Scase.

Last weekend when we went to Glasgow my friends threw me a little pregnancy party. Was so surprised and it was such a lovely gesture. They got me lots of nice pregnancy goodies and a lovely maternity dress. So grateful to have such good friends even if they live miles away.

I have had muted movement the last day or so. She is still moving around but just feeling the movements less. Not sure if its anything to be worried about at this stage.

Can I ask everyone about Ante-natal classes as I have a bit of a dilemma. My local hospital are running a 4 week course on a Saturday but for 2 of those weekends I can't make it. One is my best friends hen weekend which is miles away and the other we go to Dublin. I will miss the class that involves all the breathing, relaxation tips etc. I am really anxious about this and was wanting to ask how experienced mums found these classes. Where they useful in terms of your labour or did it all go out the window?

We don't have NCT where we live and the other private courses (which there are only 2 of) are so expensive. Found some online videos that I can purchase that look good but my Mum is now saying that they won't be as good as classes. Sigh. Bearing in mind her last child was born in 1984.

smallplainblonde Fri 04-Mar-16 10:49:58

indians he's so sweet! Lovely photo.

woodsy I don't really have any advice as such, it's my first pregnancy too and I'm not in the UK but my hospital offer a full day antenatal class on a Saturday, it's from 10am to 5pm. Do you know if your hospital offers something similar? Also your friends sound lovely! What a nice thing to do.

SpeakNoWords Fri 04-Mar-16 11:13:31

Woodsy81 You could ask for the class notes, we had sets of stuff each lesson (NCT) which was helpful to remember what's what. I found that during contractions I handled it my own way, I don't think I was thinking about any of the techniques we were shown. It involved a lot of swearing!

I think things like breathing techniques could be done on your own from videos without any problems. Plus an experienced midwife should be able to help you with that if you forget what you're doing during labour.

22 + 3

IndiansInTheLobby Fri 04-Mar-16 11:14:22

Hi woodsy, my hospital does an all day session on a Saturday? Does yours do similar?

The classes were good last time round, but nothing that was said was particularly new to me. Main bits I remember-eat when contractions start for carb energy (could be a while it goes on), phone the hospital when contractions are so far apart-mine never regulated so I went in and as ds was back to back I was in loads of back pain and refused to go home. Luckily it wasn't busy
And so I was kept in due to my tears. It was a 48 hour labour shock

With regards to pushing baby out-go with the flow. The midwife will help you when in labour. Just think about what kind of birth you want, and be prepared for it to change. I wanted an epidural and no pethadine. I ended up with no epidural and pethadine! This time I want a water birth.

Certainly in my area, after the baby was born there was lots of support with b/f, (I'm not this time) and regular home visits from midwife.

Go to the sessions you can, but don't worry too much about missed ones.

primarynoodle Fri 04-Mar-16 11:24:45

Almost 22 weeks now and getting more impatient by the day. Lovely friend has donated us a moses basket and stand and a crib and we have the pram... i didnt want to buy anything til 30 weeks!!

Me and dp are having 'discussions' about the nursery - has to neutral as we arent finding out but dp really wants to find out so is digging his heels in a bit and arguing over every idea (too girly/too masculine etc)... i know what hes doing but its really winding me up! His latest plan was to not paint or decorate at all until the baby is here hmm grrr i want to kick him!!

SpeakNoWords Fri 04-Mar-16 11:41:18

We didn't decorate the nursery room at all, as it was a neutral guest bedroom anyway with beige/ecru coloured walls and pine floorboards. Curtains were a neutral colour too. We just put white baby furniture in, and then used bright colour accessories for contrast. Wall stickers are good for changing what a room looks like quickly. Maybe something like that could be a compromise for now?

birchybaby2 Fri 04-Mar-16 13:14:04

Scan this afternoon. Getting quite anxious. Hopefully get to find out what variety we're having too!!!! Daughters very excited and has told everyone, she wants a baby sister. Could be an interesting. Xx

primarynoodle Fri 04-Mar-16 13:50:49

Currently room is a horrible navy blue and really badly decorated by previous tenant. Even if it was a boy i dont like it because its so dark so we are going to redecorate... my sugesstions have been:
- neutral grey/cream/beige colours and then add in pink or blue decor/wall stickers later on to match baby (compromise because i really dont want a gendered room!)
- animal themed wall stickers/mural in multicolours or earthy colours (each sticker is either too girly/boyish... hmm not sure how animals can be gender specific)
- other similar suggestions whereby the room is 99% done with just a few bits and bobs to be added post birth..

I dont think he is actually averse to any of these ideas he just wants to try and annoy me into finding out what the baby is! Has anyone encountered similar issues with their dps for previous pregnancies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now