Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help 5 weeks preg and brown spotting!

(9 Posts)
AllyBali123 Fri 26-Feb-16 16:45:10

Ok I'm freaking out! Had loads of cramping last few days now this!!

Had it before my period was due with a bit of blood and thought it was my period starting then got my bfp a few days later but not has many preg symptoms. Never had any spotting with my first pregnancy so I'm thinking the worst!

Don't know what to do and home myself sad

OrianaBanana Fri 26-Feb-16 17:43:46

I'm sorry you're worried Ally. Could you call the community midwives? Lots of women have brown spotting in early pregnancy and it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad flowers

AllyBali123 Fri 26-Feb-16 17:55:27

We don't have any emergency numbers for them in Scotland, everything says call nhs24 but from what I've read on the net unless u are bleeding they won't refer u to hosp, especially so early on.

If I have anymore I will phone gp on Monday. Xx

OrianaBanana Fri 26-Feb-16 19:08:38

NHS 24 are unlikely to refer you (I speak from experience). If it gets worse you could try your EPU (Early Pregnancy Unit) or A&E although to be honest there's not much they can do either way this early xx

AllyBali123 Fri 26-Feb-16 19:27:19

I know that's what I'm thinking. Thankfully there has been nothing more. I'm just keeping everything crossed that it's nothing. Xx

OrianaBanana Fri 26-Feb-16 19:50:01

Me too. Try to relax it may very well be fine flowers

OrianaBanana Sun 28-Feb-16 08:35:03

Ally are you OK?

AllyBali123 Sun 28-Feb-16 09:02:49

Hey, thanks yeah everything's still fine I had a little more last night (weird how it's only been in the evening!) phoned epu yesterday and they said it's really common, too early for a scan and to take another preg test in weeks time to make sure everything is fine which it should be unless I get heavy bleeding but what I've had has still only been brown so fingers crossed it will be ok! Xx

OrianaBanana Sun 28-Feb-16 18:18:14

Great, fingers crossed! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now