Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread #3 - TTC#1 Grads thread. No TMI is too much, no question too stupid!

(950 Posts)
Runner05 Tue 23-Feb-16 16:47:49

Come one, come all it's the TTC#1 Grads thread! Everyone welcome so long as you're not put off by graphic descriptions of the lunch we couldn't keep down or the weird pregnancy symptoms we just have to share.

Our lovely ladies now span many stages of upduffedness from "woohoo BFP, now let me pee on 58 more sticks just to be sure" to "Oh my god, why don't they warn you what morning sickness is really like?" To" I need to pee 132 times a day but look at my cute scan photo!"

if you're looking for advice, banter and support, along with the occasional scan photo or rant, you are definitely in the right place.

Danni89 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:08:11

Place marking. Thanks Runner! star

Laurenrl Tue 23-Feb-16 17:09:04

Thanks runner! Wondering how planet and chic got on today!

Laurenrl Tue 23-Feb-16 17:09:15

Choc*

Chocaholic88 Tue 23-Feb-16 17:26:25

Hey all! Hope we're all well?

Finally had my scan... I'm only 7 weeks 5 days! BUT they could see a heart beat as clear as day and I have 'viable pregnancy' written on my notes. According to my consultant that's a good thing as odds of complications slash once a heartbeat has been seen smile so here's out little pumpkin seed ❤

Co5mo Tue 23-Feb-16 17:31:00

Yay Choc. I think your date is going to surprise quite a few of us. It only puts you a week further on than me and we thought you were pregnant for far longer than that!

Nevlet Tue 23-Feb-16 18:07:59

Placemarking grin

BunchOfBobs Tue 23-Feb-16 18:16:11

Wow choc so thought you would be further on than that. So I guess you had false positives way back when? Adorable scan though, very suited to its nickname.

Yes Shelb so glad it's not just me!!

Regarding Mayo I think she was referring to whether or not in a restaurant it's homemade Mayo, in which case it's raw egg which is a no no. Sadly that also means chocolate moose waaahsad

Saying that, my last trip offshore I was eating homemade Mayo for days before realising. No salmonella here, phew! And that was with Danish eggs.

IrregularCommentary Tue 23-Feb-16 18:16:50

Wow, Choc! That puts you the same week as me, which I wasn't expecting!

Glad everything looks good.

BunchOfBobs Tue 23-Feb-16 18:17:19

Oops forgot to tag Miley and Cosmo in that last post.

Also huge thanks again to Runner for sorting the threads out. As always the pics you choose are epic!

Planeteer Tue 23-Feb-16 18:20:43

Thanks for the new thread runner.

Yay choc and pink so happy for positive scan news! Choc are you surprised by that date?

All good here too. Early scan puts me at just under 6 weeks, but could clearly see a tiny heartbeat flickering away like mad, and although am still spotting I also have 'Viable Pregnancy' on my notes which makes me feel a lot better! Thanks for all the fx today, going to try and relax now smile

Pinklily1 Tue 23-Feb-16 18:22:51

Hi ladies

Scan buddy Choc, such a good picture for 7 weeks! So strange that you got the false positives to begin with though.

Ours was dancing around when they were trying to take photos. We've got the 20 week scan booked in too, when I will actually be 19 weeks - only 6 weeks to wait smile I am so impatient!

Miley, trip to hospital sounds awful but at least they have given you something to hopefully help. Which anti sickness meds did they give you?

Thanks for the new thread Runner!

Hope everyone else is well!

Chocaholic88 Tue 23-Feb-16 18:25:58

Thank you everyone! Gobsmacked by the date! Totally wasn't expecting it but grearly reassured by such a clear heartbeat etc ☺☺ consultant can't explain the earlier stuff but to be honest I'm not fussed... desired result has been achieved and we have a happy pumpkin seed cooking away 😍😍

Laurenrl Tue 23-Feb-16 18:28:34

Congrats choc and planet! Great news today.

Hope you're feeling better miley!

So looking forward to getting a pic of my little one on sat now!!

IndiX Tue 23-Feb-16 18:52:38

Wow choc I thought you'd be a lot further on than that! What a great scan pic.

firstgo1984 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:25:51

My local EPU nurses have said they will scan me at 6 weeks. I will have a cheeky look myself before then to see if there is a gestation sac.

firstgo1984 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:29:09

Lovely news pink and choc

LaraG13 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:30:09

Congrats choc and planet! Really pleased all went well.

That's interesting first. I've booked in for an early scan at 8+3. Can't wait. I feel that when that's happened I can start to get excited. I'm scared to until then.

Mileymoocow Tue 23-Feb-16 19:35:23

Oooooh! Shiny new thread for us to fill with scans and whinging! Thanks for the well wishes ladies. I'm feeling kinda sorry for myself but at the same time am trying to stay upbeat (except chips and mushy peas is no fun bringing back up so I did have a little cry). OH doesn't know what to do bless him, he's trying everything from forcing ice lollies and sucky sweets into my mouth to offering me a tummy rub.

The tablets I have are prochlorperazine for buccal use.

choc what the hell? How are you only 4 days more pregnant than me?! It makes no sense! Beautiful pumpkin seed though grinflowers

Newmrs22 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:58:50

Ooh new thread. Exciting. Some lovely scan pics ladies! Congrats.

One thing to remember Choc the date calculating can be out a bit when babies are tiny. I was put forward 5 days from what My 9 week scan said when I had my 12 week. At that stage if they measure wrong just by a millimetre or two, it can make a big difference. So you could still be a week or so ahead.

Laurenrl Tue 23-Feb-16 20:01:14

I just cried because my OH said that he was 'shit as he forgot the garlic bread for tea' (clearly joking) and I didn't wants him think he was shit..... Oh dear the hormones must be raging

IndiX Tue 23-Feb-16 20:24:16

Haha Lauren I cried before because I dropped a rice cake in to a sink full of dirty water. My mum is staying with us atm and I literally cried on her shoulder and DH ran in asking what was wrong. Oh hormones...

Mileymoocow Tue 23-Feb-16 20:37:08

Brilliant. I've never cried at a film in my life until this week. Pregnancy is such a roller coaster!

I have an early scan booked for a week on wed so I'm mega excited and even more nervous for it.

LaraG13 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:37:16

You poor thing miley! Does bad morning sickness run in your family?

Nevlet Tue 23-Feb-16 20:37:55

I dont think my hormones are making me emotional... Just irrationally angry at the slightest thing!! Poor OH and poor dog... And poor children at school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now