Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2016 #7 - We're still waiting for the second trimester "bloom" but healthy babies and stronger kicks all around!!

(1000 Posts)
nehagarg Wed 17-Feb-16 11:58:44

Here is the next one people.

Stats here!

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oTx71GeTR-ilVPTpIhNhutAwZPqNyYNEyIDwO80PmKQ/edit#gid=0

mrsmugoo Wed 17-Feb-16 12:27:22

Thanks nehagarg!

bikingintherain Wed 17-Feb-16 12:37:45

Thank you!

laughingGnomette Wed 17-Feb-16 12:51:56

Bloom hasn't happened here, more like blooming painful! Back and hip pain have kicked in and baby like to hang out right underneath my right-hand ribs which makes sitting in certain positions uncomfortable. <moan, moan, moan!!>.

nehagarg Wed 17-Feb-16 13:02:09

Aww laughing ... sounds very uncomfortable. Can physios help?

I am the same. No bloom at all. Very thankful that the bone-crushing fatigue is gone for now but hating the acne, dry hair, itchy skin and constant worry about is he moving, isnt he moving. Sigh!

Word of warning for anyone else going for GTT btw - after a manic hour with a sugar rush it took my baby almost 2 days to go back to normal movement. I felt far fewer kicks and the ones I did feel were much more subtle. Was going out of my mind with worry and had decided to go to the hospital today but he is moving as normal since this morning. Looks like bouncing around post sugar rush really tuckered him out, the poor thing.

strawberrypenguin Wed 17-Feb-16 14:10:03

Thanks for the new thread nehagarg
I think the bloom must be an urban myth! Def not feeling it here either. Just raided Primark for some large t-shirts as I seem to have outgrown most of mine this week. Had to dig out the bigger coat I had stashed from last time too as I can't do up my nice winter one anymore (which is typical just as the weather gets colder again!)

MadrigalElectromotive Wed 17-Feb-16 14:19:18

I think the second trimester bloom is a myth too! I'm still vomiting daily and feel pretty dreadful 90% of the time.

Thanks for the warning about the GTT - I have mine in a few weeks so I'll bear it in mind.

We bought the Sleepyhead on sale on the NCT website and it arrived today. Looks good - hopefully she'll sleep in it!

Belleboo23 Wed 17-Feb-16 16:06:23

Definitely a myth!! Just as I was starting to feel slightly normal again the spd symptoms have arrived. Had it with dd so was expecting it but hoping to avoid it!! I went to one physio appointment last time which is all that was offered and it all felt a bit of a waste, not sure if I should bother going doctors about it or not

Alasalas Wed 17-Feb-16 16:12:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iamdivergent Wed 17-Feb-16 16:14:49

place marking

Eastend2015 Wed 17-Feb-16 16:16:33

Hi all- thanks for the new thread. People have said I'm blooming but certainly don't feel like it, I think it's just the hot flushes giving me rosy cheeks, lol!!

Last day in my current job tomorrow- hooray!

Eastend2015 Wed 17-Feb-16 16:18:01

P.s thanks for adding me to the stats Nehagarg!

nehagarg Wed 17-Feb-16 16:37:34

No problem at all. I am counting down the days till my maternity now. Just booked every monday off from now until the end of March (had days left over that I am supposed to use) ... Its going to be a nice few weeks grin

Good luck with your GTT, Madrigal

MollieRos Wed 17-Feb-16 17:23:55

Thanks for the new thread nehagarg!

No blooming here either, though I do seem to have developed one rosy red cheek over the past couple of weeks, which is a bit random!

Eastend2015 Wed 17-Feb-16 17:26:13

Ooo lovely Nehagarg, we are having a little baby-moon in the Cotswolds this weekend.

I was reading another thread re- maternity leave and have just realised my plan to take 6 months plus accumulated holiday may not work as I think my new leave year finishes in December and I'll be limited as to how many days I can carry over. If I take them as holiday at say 37 weeks and the baby arrives early then I think may leave kicks in and I lose the holiday days. Annoying!!

Potkettleblack2 Wed 17-Feb-16 17:35:09

This talk of maternity leave is exciting-but it still seems sooo long away!
Another one definitely not blooming either. Felt good from 12-24 weeks but now I'm nearly as exhausted as I was in the first 12 weeks!

GrubbyWindows Wed 17-Feb-16 18:13:18

Belated welcome goto- our families match! I'm expecting a wee girl, due date 10th June, and have a very nearly 3 year old DS!

BiffleRoo Wed 17-Feb-16 18:29:45

Place marking

jellybelly85 Wed 17-Feb-16 18:39:42

I feel like I'm semi-blooming some days. Hair and nails are very healthy at the moment, but nausea still lurking and now achy hips/back are a daily occurrence (having a hot water bottle at work and at home helps). Still, a big improvement to the first trimester!

Tickets to the baby show arrived today - we're heading there on Sunday. Mostly it'll be to browse and consider things we may want to buy rather than buying on the day (famous last words). Still feeling pretty clueless about buggies, clothes, cots..etc

I'm doing extended weekends with my leave too, nehagarg. Looking forward to them smile

Ah that's a bit rubbish about your leave eastend - at least you've realised before committing so you can change things around. Is there no exception to carrying over leave due to maternity leave (I thought the point of accrued leave was that its not possible to take while on mat leave, so you take it after irrespective of financial year ends?) Worth checking with HR.

laughingGnomette Wed 17-Feb-16 18:41:25

Yay for lazy mondays nehagarg.

I'll mention my aches and pains to my midwife and see if I can get a physio referral.

Oh no Eastend, have you checked with HR to see how many they let you carry over? My company lets me carry over all of our holiday to the next year if we are on Mat leave but I know not all companies do.

I'm going swimming tonight in my nice new maternity swimming costume (my normal one was getting too much of a squeeze), its so lovely and comfy smile

MollieRos Wed 17-Feb-16 19:56:19

That's annoying Eastend. I thought I was going to have a similar issue as my work doesn't allow you to carry leave over either, but it's fine apparently, because it's mat leave. Definitely worth checking with HR.

Grapefruitforever Wed 17-Feb-16 20:49:22

Found my way to the new thread thanks smile I wonder if someone could add me to the stats, my phone won't let me edit it - 32, N Yorkshire, 0 DCs, EDD 27/06/16, team yellow. Thanks in advance!

emma85x Wed 17-Feb-16 21:00:35

Place marking x

strawberrypenguin Wed 17-Feb-16 21:13:49

For those suffering with achy ribs (I know I am) or need some extra back support I've just bought a couple of these. They are really comfortable and give a good bit of support.

fromheretomaternity.co.uk/shop/black-maternity-support-top-carriwell/

AltCarbon Wed 17-Feb-16 21:16:36

Hi all, exciting to be on thread #7! I am with those still waiting for a bloom to arrive although I have started to get a bump now at 22 weeks - thought it was never going to happen even though it's baby no. 2. I've been for my repeat 20 week scan today and thankfully the baby was much more co-operative and all has checked out as well. Got some nice pictures too smile. We didn't find out the sex as we want another suprise but we have started guessing. I'll attach the pics if anyone wants a guess ...

This thread is not accepting new messages.