Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

We've had birthday 'twins' and there'll be real twins come the summer!...mini-eggs and GTTs abound on the JSgrads' 45th fred!

(1000 Posts)
5hell Fri 05-Feb-16 06:14:17

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the 45th grads thread... celebrating the success of Just Shagging in getting us viroids upduffed!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The 44th grads thread is HERE

The thread we have graduated from is HERE in its 58th outing. WARNING: they're all a bit kerazy not to mention randy!

There is also a Just Mumming thread HERE
for once your babies come along, or to keep up with the graduated graduates!

There is also a private facebook group (so it doesn't give the game away in your news feed!)... if you want to join to see photos of new babies etc, just ask in-thread!

HERE is the stats list, please update your own spot with any updates.

CarrotPuff Fri 05-Feb-16 06:31:21

Yay, thanks for new Fred 5hell!

Slept ok for a change, although could always do with a bit more!

ThursdayLastWeek Fri 05-Feb-16 06:42:32

Thanks for the new Fred 5hell!
DS just woke us all up the bugger.
Off for a south west meet up with his ante natal group today which'll be fun smile

This time in four short weeks it'll be bday for DC2 shockshockshock

honeysucklejasmine Fri 05-Feb-16 07:12:28

Good job 5hell, thank you!

Mermaid36 Fri 05-Feb-16 07:18:30

Huzzah for the new Fred! grin

TriJo Fri 05-Feb-16 07:51:33

Thanks 5hell smile

Got a call from home last night, the mothership is in hospital. Suspected mini-stroke, she's being kept in for a few days for tests and observation. Feel like I should go home but flying at nearly 34 weeks, and buying a ticket on very short notice, is probably not a great idea...

CarrotPuff Fri 05-Feb-16 07:55:16

Sorry Tri, but I think they'll understand. Hope it's nothing serious thanks

CarrotPuff Fri 05-Feb-16 08:02:42

Does anyone feel thirstier than usual? I guess I should carry a bottle of water with me...

Oh and I'm 36 weeks today. In a week MiniCarrot will be fully cooked shock

SecondCupOfTea Fri 05-Feb-16 08:03:01

Top Fredding 5hell.

Damn pregsomnia is doing my head in. I ended up having a power nap at work yesterday afternoon, might do the same again today.

Am currently lying in bed, drinking my first cup of tea of the day, thinking about getting up.

Baby has got hiccups smile

SecondCupOfTea Fri 05-Feb-16 08:05:12

Sorry to hear that Try. Do remember there is a huge difference between a stroke and a mini stroke.

lildottie Fri 05-Feb-16 08:06:33

flowers tri. Get as much info as you can then decide if its important to go home before panic buying a ticket. You have to take account of the fact you'd only have s couple of weeks to stay before heading back again, or rethink where u give birth!

Thanks for new thread 5hell

Question: as you know I've been feeling movement for about 6 weeks now and get it every day a few times a day. When should I start looking for a pattern. I'm 21+3

TriJo Fri 05-Feb-16 08:22:10

If I do end up going home it would only be for a couple of days - might give my dad a ring this morning and see how things are today.

pretzelpieces Fri 05-Feb-16 08:24:22

Thanks for the new fred 5hell! Loving the mention of the pretz - jellybaby twins grin

I'm so sorry I haven't rtft yet, but wanted to post this before I get interrupted (likely!): thank you viroid mums! I cheekily skimmed for baby advice before bed and tried out your tips for prolonging feeds. It made them more tiring/effort but we are now doing 40 min feed over the course of an hour to each approx half hour sleep. Which sounds pretty terrible still but those 20-30 min sleeps are sweet mana from heaven to me! Thank you!

M. has only lost 75g over first 5 days and I'm thrilled. Lost her cord yesterday too and I got totes emosh - it's where we were attached! They grow up so fast! grin

Peenut Fri 05-Feb-16 08:54:27

Thanks for sneaking in there with the new FRED 5hell!

Oh dear Tri, hope you mum is OK and you must be so worried and I hope it's nothing serious –my mum got taken into hospital with a suspected mini stroke, they called it a TIA? (I think?).

Anyway –was massively scary to hear the words, 'your mum' and 'stroke' but she was Ok. Maybe just hang fire and wait for more news to come in before making a decision ... can you Facetime or anything like that to reassure you that she's OK?

Kate are you on the H NCT?! smile We've booked that one, and don't worry, when I meet new people I say utterly ridiculous things and probably come across as a loon! Was chatting to a girl at aquanatal while bobbing up and down on one of those woggle float things (this was an exercise) but afterwards I thought she prob thought I was a bit odd. DH is reluctant to go but that's exactly why I think he needs to –I think some more info will dispell some of his anxieties.

*Mini Egg update*: I bought a big bag yesterday for a long drive. On the way home my fingers crept to the glove box to eat the remaining eggs, only to find they had spilled and mysteriously vanished down the back of the glove box.

Then, every time I started up from traffic lights mini eggs fired from the open compartment, which I couldn't close as mini eggs were caught in the mechanism –many of the little eggs were crushed as I tried to slam the door shut, only to cover the passenger seat and floor in mini egg fragments.

Most frustrating when after a long day, all I wanted was a mini egg. New car now covered in bits of sugar and chocolate!

That client sounds like a bastard Sky! You deserved those mini eggs!

pretzelpieces Fri 05-Feb-16 09:13:16

Sorry to hear about your mum tri sad

sky / honey the rebound effect of omeprazole is reflux/heartburn - no one told me so I kept taking it again thinking I wasn't well yet (I was taking it after a stomach ulcer caused by my eating disorder) but it was actually just an effect of ending the meds and I was fine after a while. HTH sorry for any alarm caused!

pee I'm sorry but that mini egg story had me laughing so hard grin very frustrating I'm sure!

pretzelpieces Fri 05-Feb-16 09:40:08

I ate scotch pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast. Mmmm!

keep I know I'm a bit late but I like the 'squeezy' app from the NHS for pelvic floor exercises. Think it costs a few pence but it's good. Just seen that tea recommended it too.

merm glad it wasn't me that put you off induction! I'd probably go for an ELCS with twins too to be fair, just didn't want it to be my horror story that swayed you. Not really a horror story though! Like I said I was very happy with the delivery. smile

carrot "And I would punch anyone in the face who thinks major abdominal surgery is a "cop out". " Amen to that!

feathered the book that shall not be named lol! This was one of the tips that helped - well I just pulled her clothes up can't be arsed to fiddle with the arms at that time of night . "Fourth chin" made me laugh grin I've seen your pics on FB and you're tiny! And even if you weren't YOU ARE GROWING A HUMAN, give yerself a break my dear. btw I eat bombay mix with a spoon from the bag, haha.

yoga and others - I've cried off the London meet up as I think it's too much of a challenge so soon. I find travelling into London tricky even without a 3 week old!

Just seen on the news there is now a mini egg shortage in the UK... wink

Sorry to hear you're having the same night time escapades with R. jelly! Good job they are cute or we'd sell them on Ebay immediately wink

Ugh that's rubbish about your phone thurs but yay for getting some quality time with the new one. Refurbed electronics are the way to go IMHO, got my lovely laptop that way, only £160 and it's the best one I've had.

sky crikey, sorry to hear about the kidney infection, I've had those and they are no fun.

kate I'm awkward as fuck but I'm finally making some headway with nct people sort of don't put pressure on yourself but give it some time and see how it goes, you might be surprised.

KeepTheHope Fri 05-Feb-16 10:48:42

Thanks for the new fred 5hell. Nice one.

Pretz, thanks for the recommendation smile

Tri I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, but do try not to panic. My man had been having TIAs for about 20 odd years now (she has a rare condition, only three people in the country known to have it, I digress). It is scary when she has one, but most of the time after a few days of rest she is genuinely absolutely fine. Occasionally she has a bigger one which has caused some problems with her left arm usage and two Christmases ago had one the affected her face and walking which was really upsetting and scary but a few months later and she was completely back to normal again. Sorry to hijack, I just wanted to share our huge experience with them and hope that it helps, really do try not to panic.

Tena lights are bought. Pregnancy is glamorous.

15 weeks yesterday and last night I was lying on the sofa with DH rubbing bump aka probably just my flab and we both swear we felt a movement at the same time in the same place. It was almost like a tiny muscle spasm type feeling, so light that we couldn't be certain but were quietly confident it might have been. Wishful thinking. Too early, right?

fruitlovingmonkey Fri 05-Feb-16 11:27:04

Fanks for the new fred Shell.
Tri sorry about your mum. I'd say if you want to go and see her then do it. You are still allowed and it's only a short flight. It's really hard being away from home at times like these.
Keep I felt my first movement at 15 weeks. DH didn't feel it for ages after but that's mostly because he's impatient and only touches the bump for 30 seconds then gets bored. I keep joking that the baby doesn't like him because I'm a horrible wife often he is moving loads and then stops as soon as DH comes to feel.
Yay for sleep Carrot!
Pretz sounds like M is doing very well, all that feeding must be working.
Haha Pee if only you'd had a hungry viroid in the passenger seat, would have been an amazing game trying to catch them grin

TriJo Fri 05-Feb-16 11:31:15

Thanks keep... was talking to my dad this morning and it sounds like she had a bigger TIA - it came on as her being almost completely unable to use her left arm yesterday. He said not to bother trying to get home at short notice, that everything should be ok.

Any time I hear anything got to do with her and hospitals it immediately sets off the parts of my brain that are really good at worrying about her, she's a 2 time cancer survivor so doesn't deserve any more crap for a long time!

KeepTheHope Fri 05-Feb-16 11:35:38

That sounds really tough and completely unfair, Tri, but she's obviously a fighter. I know everyone is different but going by our own experience with some good rest and a bit of time I'm sure she will be ok. Doesn't stop you worrying now though I'm sure thanks

SkyWasMadeOfAmethyst Fri 05-Feb-16 12:20:43

tri flowers it is so hard being far away when something goes wrong. Hand holding from me and a big hug.

5hell excellent Fred making! Thank you!

Keep DP and I felt this baby move from the outside at 16 weeks. It was in the area where the hip meets pelvis and skin is quite thin. I say possible just ignore everyone who says not

pretz glad little M is getting the hang of it and you are getting into a flow.

5hell Fri 05-Feb-16 12:43:49

sky are your drugs kicking in?...hope you feel better soon, and idiot clients get the message asap! flowers

Sorry to hear of more ill rellies tri/kate flowers I dont like that I've reached the age where parentals need looking after more than they look after us sad 'though I know I do owe them after 34yrs!

Glad you got a decent nights kip carrot ...i fell asleep listening to hypnobirth CD for second night running!...must be relaxing at least

lil i think it's something like pay attention all the time so you can learn your normal, but expect it to change up to 24/26w?? after that if things reduce I think we're meant to try the lie down, drink & snack thing, and then contact mw etc if still not happy.

CarrotPuff Fri 05-Feb-16 13:08:36

Lil I think they say from about 24 weeks you should feel baby every day and from 28 weeks you should monitor movement and give them a call if there's a change. But tbh I wouldn't be able to tell what my baby's pattern is, and I'm 36 weeks!

SockQueen Fri 05-Feb-16 13:19:35

flowers Tri best wishes to you and your Mum.

Starting night shifts again tonight, dreading it a bit as I slept terribly last night despite being exhausted. Fingers crossed it's not too busy!

CarrotPuff Fri 05-Feb-16 14:25:58

Waiting to be seen at drop in clinic. Went to the loo to do a wee sample and just weed as usual into the toilet confused At least I only need to wait 15 mins to go again...

This thread is not accepting new messages.