Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second or subsequent babies due Jan / Feb / Mar continued

(261 Posts)
Shirkingfromhome Mon 01-Feb-16 19:53:27

old thread link here

For any mums due (or have just had) their second or subsequent babies!

hufflebottom Mon 01-Feb-16 20:52:20

Hello!

2 and a half weeks left and no chance of fidget appearing. Think she will be late. How is everyone else?

SunnyL Mon 01-Feb-16 21:27:45

Hola! 7 weeks to go and slow and ponderous here. Nothing to report here other than i have the most patient husband who is wonderful at putting up with moaning me.

Brindler Mon 01-Feb-16 22:24:32

Yay new thread! Hi everyone hope you're all doing well. 6 weeks left here and starting to panic slightly that I'm not as organised as I should be!

Shirkingfromhome Mon 01-Feb-16 22:36:13

Crikey, we're all on the final countdown then! Statistically I have 7 wks left but realistically I think it'll be 9 wks. Not feeling at all prepared, I feel like I've forgotten everything.

My DH is being incredibly understanding too, I've turned into ranty huffy woman!

hufflebottom Tue 02-Feb-16 07:36:50

Why does the last few weeks seem to turn people into some grumpy version of themselves.

Well I've been up since 3 this morning. Can't get comfortable, am going to drop dd off at school and then lie in bed and have a lazy day till pick up.

Shirkingfromhome Tue 02-Feb-16 07:43:54

Good for you, get the rest in while you can. I'm waking every morning at 4 too, or rather baby is kicking me awake. I think we're all well within our rights to be a bit grumpy; lugging around a huge belly, running around after dc and not sleeping properly is a perfect storm.

brew all round. Enjoy your lazy day!

Fraggleyourock Thu 04-Feb-16 08:28:59

Things are going surprisingly well for me thank you! I was worried about my partner going back to work, but I seem to be coping (some how confused)
We have all been ill though! Over things now and feeling all a bit more human again!
How are you all, sorry to read you're all suffering a bit!
You might not go over huffle, I got no warning at all!
I hope you are all doing ok! I'm so excited to read the next announcement on here!!

Brindler Thu 04-Feb-16 21:41:45

Think I may actually keep a tally chart of the number of times I go to the loo tomorrow ... Getting beyond ridiculous and driving me insane!

Shirkingfromhome Fri 05-Feb-16 07:11:04

Ah fraggle so pleased you're getting on OK and finding things a little easier than you thought you would. Just what I needed to hear!

Yep, with you on that Brindler, one in one out. Have to time when I have a drink so I'm not caught out when I'm at the park with DS.

LastOneDancing Fri 05-Feb-16 07:22:03

Hi all. I was on the first thread but lost you!

Glad to hear everyone us as grumpy and miserable as me. 6 weeks to go here and feeling quite enormous.

I'm so glad to be finishing work next Thursday, although going off at 35 weeks still feels indulgent!

Shirkingfromhome Fri 05-Feb-16 12:06:10

<waves at LOD >

I was thinking what I would miss about being pregnant and I'd quite like to keep my hair and boobs grin My hair is usually really and my boobs non-existent!

SunnyL Sat 06-Feb-16 17:27:00

My goodness I had to share this with someone and thought of you.

Went to Boots today to get some more moisturiser for avoiding stretch marks. I can't get over how expensive they were. £10 minimum! Feels like they're preying on ladies insecurities.

Instead I got some cocoa butter except it says I should apply 3 times a day. 3 times!!!

hufflebottom Sat 06-Feb-16 17:48:37

£10! Mmmm might find out how many boot points I've got on my card.

Shirkingfromhome Sat 06-Feb-16 17:56:15

3 times shock ! That's practically basting yourself wink

It's expensive but I'd really recommend bio oil after pregnancy for any stretch marks or scars. It worked miracles on my SIL csection scar.

LastOneDancing Sat 06-Feb-16 18:21:57

I swear by bio-oil but I've just been shafted with fake version off ebay!

It's £12 atm on Amazon which is the cheapest reputable supplier I can find.

Brindler Sat 06-Feb-16 19:00:52

I've been using the superdrug version of bio oil. Half the price and no stretch marks yet. (Totally going to wake up covered in them now I've said that aren't i!)

SunnyL Sat 06-Feb-16 20:13:37

I'm fairly certain I've read somewhere that it's all down to your genes whether you get them or not. I was lucky last time and only got one but I've got a veritable tableau of them across my arms and hips from growing up.

I bet cooking oil does the same job it just doesn't smell as nice wink

LastOneDancing Sat 06-Feb-16 20:56:29

Yes Sunny apparently moisturisers etc don't go deep enough into the skin to prevent stretch marks but I'm of the opinion that it certainly can't hurt smile

I'm the same, no marks from DS but I was a mess all over my legs & hips during puberty

shudders at the memory of gym knickers

hufflebottom Mon 08-Feb-16 10:53:48

Getting really bored now! 38+3...no sign of fidget, back still killing me. I've had curries, been walking.

Been making appointments for things to be fixed so can guarantee she'll arrive in the next week so I have British Gas coming out tomorrow for my not so smart meter and I have to wait a week*, a week*! For someone to come out and fix my leaking roof/window.

SunnyL Mon 08-Feb-16 11:54:35

I had a classic from a well-meaning person at church yesterday

"you have that weary look of someone who has just a few weeks to go".

Me: "Oh really? I think I've felt that way for the last 8 months".

Still 6 weeks to go....kind of hoping baby doesn't come early though as I'm looking forward to a few weeks of lying on the couch while DD is at nursery causing grief for someone else.

hufflebottom Mon 08-Feb-16 11:58:33

Don't forget the trashy daytime tv too Sunny.

SunnyL Mon 08-Feb-16 13:31:47

Eww no. I've got Netflix and Amazon grin

LastOneDancing Mon 08-Feb-16 13:33:24

Ot the date for my ELCS today.

BabyDance will be here on 10th March. 31 days to go.

I thought I'd feel excited but I'm not sure I've made the right decision. I was committed to VBAC until I started over thinking things.

LOVING your 'law of sod' approach Huffle

Have you gone on ML yet Sunny? If not when? It's my last day this Thursday.

hufflebottom Mon 08-Feb-16 13:53:56

You might be early LastOne.

I'm currently waiting for midwife team to get back to me as my GP surgery hasn't got any midwife appointments for next week. They asked me if I was going to need it.....well erm...yes if she doesn't make an appearance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now