Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

thread #2 - TTC#1 Grads, sick bags at the ready!

(974 Posts)
Runner05 Wed 27-Jan-16 15:07:16

We've finally got our BFPs and have started on the long winding road of pregnancy.

Most of us are starting, within, or just leaving the first trimester where bloating, unexplained discharge and constant nausea are watchwords of the day!

We're battling NHS inconsistencies, trying not to kill our midwives and desperately looking for a magic morning sickness cure... It's TTC#1 grads!!!

shelbTa Wed 27-Jan-16 15:24:50

Runner05 Wed 27-Jan-16 15:25:27

Stats time...

Runner, harbouring a 9+4 Pecan.

I hate first trimester and my midwife hmm

Chocaholic88 Wed 27-Jan-16 15:32:00

Place marking smile hi everyone... finally!

shelbTa Wed 27-Jan-16 15:42:00

Stats:

Between 8+4 and 9+2.

Been quite barfy.

Oh - forgot to say, after chasing 'x' hospital as still haven't had booking in appointment or date for scan, I rang them and they said 'oh yeah you've got a booking in on 'xx' in Feb (when I'll be nearly 13 weeks). I pointed this out to them and they said 'oh it'll be fine' I said what about the scan? 'Oh they'll probably just walk you round for one'. Seriously??? This is where my tax is going?? Sorry.

X

Runner05 Wed 27-Jan-16 15:47:27

This is the wonderful NHS that no one will allow any criticism of. If it was a company it would have gone bust years ago!

Chocaholic88 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:13:57

My stats:

Between 9 + 3 and 3 + 4 ... random right?!

Meet my midwife tomorrow! Symptoms including nausea all times of day, metal mouth, swollen boobs 2 cup sizes bigger, dark nips, excess salivation, extreme tiredness and general mood swings lol!

Pinklily1 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:24:27

My stats - around 8+5, hating the first trimester and it's nasty nausea, sickness and humongous boobs. Can't wait for second trimester.

All fine with the consultant - I have to have monthly blood tests to monitor my platelets level. If they decrease to a certain level (less than half what they are now, so unlikely), it would mean epidurals and c sections would be off the cards for me due to blood loss risk, but that's fine. Feeling relieved! There were lots of heavily pregnant women in the waiting room huffing and puffing and looking very uncomfortable - a taste of what's to come I suppose!

Shelb, that sounds a bit incompetent! If they try and wriggle out of giving you a scan on the same day dig your heels in!

How's everyone else today?

hgleslie89 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:44:13

My stats: 13+4 with a peach and loving tri 2! Nausea's pretty much gone, appetite is back and the hubby is a big fan of my (now ridiculously massive) breasts. Think cravings may have started: tuna and Haribo Tangfastics at the moment.

Sorry to those who have been having bad experiences with the NHS. My GP is fairly useless, but everything is run by my local midwives who seem pretty clued in so far.

Pinklily1 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:47:50

Leslie, I'm hoping that's not tuna and tangfastics together?! That would be an odd combination!

For those whose boobs have grown, how much by? I was a DD before and have already gone up one cup size. I'm a bit concerned about how big they are going to get!! Strangely enough, OH doesn't share that concern grin

hgleslie89 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:00:04

Pink I've gone from FF to HH.

00Bubbles00 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:06:40

Hi all, stats:

Bubbles, 6+3, generally feeling OK (am mainly concerned it might still not be in there!) No NHS involvement yet (I don't see anyone until 10-11 weeks) but have a reassurance scan on 11th Feb which is FOREVER away.

Morwenna1 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:26:28

Hi, how are you all?

Stats: 11+2, home to a profiterole! (preferred that to a brussel sprout).

Hello Choc congrats on the BFP, er, between 9+3 and 3+4? Confused! confused

Boobs have not grown much at all. Slightly heavier. Still an A cup!! grin

So I'm feeling better today after my booking in appt with the midwife. She was very friendly and helpful and answered loads of Q's. She even tried to listen for the heartbeat with the Doppler! We both thought we heard something at one point, but it didn't last long - she said it's tricky to find at this early stage so I shouldn't worry.

Explained to her about my flu jab saga, and she said she thought the guidelines were still to have it whenever you want. She rang up a senior midwife and she confirmed that that is the case. She's going to speak to her management about the conflicting advice I received (to have it at any point, to not have it before 12 weeks, and to not have it before 20 weeks). But she said I'd done the right thing booking to get it sorted.

Apart from that been given a pile of notes and info about courses in the area, so just got to have a look through and figure out what I'd like to go to!

Still have to wait for the scan date in the post, that'll be another few days....the form was sent off today to get it booked in though.

Shelb I would definitely insist on having the scan date confirmed properly! It's frustrating that I still don't know when mine will happen, but it seems my area like to put most things down in hard copy!

Morwenna1 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:27:58

Pink Just read your post, so did they explain what happens if you have to have an emergency c?

Chocaholic88 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:07:38

Hi morwenna

Long long long story short:

Came off zeletta on 12th Dec. Had no bleed - started getting small odd symptoms so did 4 tests in the week before the 27th... got 3 faint positives just out of the time frame and one BFP well within time (faint but definitely pink) on 27th...

Tested a few days later... negative... loads of loads of negatives but I had already booked in with the midwife who said she still wanted to see me on 28th Jan (tomorrow)

Had blood test on 11th Jan, was told I 'was probably not pregnant' and to cancel my booking appointment. Phoned midwife who said she disagreed and still wanted to see me.

Got a couple of OPKS and used then on 15th (lines even colour) and 16th (test line way darker than control) then just a mix of strong and faint lines each day

I've had no bleed since stopping the pill. Metallic taste in mouth, nausea and sore/swollen boobs for 4-5 weeks too

Did a FRER yesterday and the line came up immediately yet an Internet cheapie hpt barely picked it up this morning! But did pick it up at lunchtime still faint!

Seeing the midwife tomorrow who is booking me for a scan. She thinks I'm probably pregnant from the original bfp but that won't explain the blood tests etc surely!!

And if I've only just caught from the positive opk on the 15th... what on earth caused the bfps in December!?

Sorry for the essay 🙈🙉🙊

Chocaholic88 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:14:36

pink I've gone from a barely there A cup to C cup... which is insane (this is my third pregnancy so I'm kinda prepared for most of it!)

Newmrs22 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:34:34

Hi all, I'm 10+3 approx. starting to feel less sick, but still very tired. Boobs have grown a cup size so far.

My midwife etc have been ok so far. We'll see. Still plenty of time yet!

Pinklily1 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:34:45

They didn't really explain that, and I didn't ask as there would only be an issue with having a c section if my platelets dropped to below 80 (they are just under double that now). If they stay above 80 then a c section would be fine. She said it was very unlikely they would drop that low down.

leoniethelioness Wed 27-Jan-16 20:08:35

Hi! I'm 5 weeks exactly. Booking appointment arranged for February.

Choc - Great to see you here. What's happened? I know it's been a bit of a saga for you but I'm afraid I've lost track.

Chocaholic88 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:11:46

leonie hey, how are you?

Nothing to report really... got a nice clear BFP and a booking appointment tomorrow but still no idea if I caught when I had the positive OPK on the 25th or if I was pregnant all along from my original BFP on 27th December... how confusing 😧😧

Lanadel Wed 27-Jan-16 20:30:32

Hi All, I am 6 weeks today. Starting to lose my appetite the past 2 days and slightly nauseated, the thought of fried food makes me feel sick... Very tired past 2 nights too. Hopefully things don't get any worse, didn't think I'd be prone to morning sickness ha!
Boobs are getting slightly stuffy in my bra, have started looking at sleeping bras because of the pain what taking mine off for bed!
Midwife appt 15th Feb.
Scan appt 15th March.

Choc that is so bizarre but I am very happy you are now in this thread!!

BelliniButterfly Wed 27-Jan-16 21:10:44

Hi everyone

Just had my bfp today and I am over the moon! First cycle TTC and I am 33 so a bit of a shock. Reckon I ovulated 14th January so very early days for me and feeling pretty anxious about early mc as I've read so much about it sad Trying to stay sane!

Chocaholic88 Wed 27-Jan-16 21:12:32

Hey bellini smile just try your best to relax and focus on all the happy healthy pregnancies out there x

Morwenna1 Wed 27-Jan-16 21:50:17

Wow Choc I hope the midwife can shed some light on things for you. I think you're doing the right thing by seeing her and finding out what's going on!

Glad to hear your platelets are unlikely to drop that low then Pink! The midwife took what felt like a pint of blood out of me today (although it was only 3 little vials!). Thankfully it's looking unlikely that I have a UTI according to my wee sample today (been having a bit of discomfort). Looks like my old friend (tmi alert) thrush is paying a visit instead!

Hi Bellini I'm 32 and it was cycle 3 for me, so I can understand the shock! As difficult as it is, try not to dwell on things outside of your control (I'm a right one to talk!). If you've been thinking about it at all, I would recommend getting an early scan done when you're past 8 weeks, as if a heartbeat is present the stats are then in your favour and it will put your mind a bit at ease until the 12 week scan rolls around.

Mileymoocow Wed 27-Jan-16 21:51:36

Hi guys! Also just got my first bfp today and I've suddenly regained all of my anxiety! 26 year old and on cycle #2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now