Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2016 (3) - scans fast approaching, teeny tiny bumps appearing, and sickness easing....we hope!

(981 Posts)
FourForYouGlenCoco Wed 20-Jan-16 21:57:01

Well we filled the last thread up fast! Seems we talk a lot round these parts grin

strandedabroad Wed 20-Jan-16 22:07:16

Thanks Coco smile

lilygirl81 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:11:59

Thanks for the new thread, we are a chatty bunch

strandedabroad Thu 21-Jan-16 02:49:37

It's 2.48 in the morning, I'm currently sat up in bed after eating my second cheese sandwich in 20 minutes. Hunger woke me up and I was awake for ages trying to ignore it. I couldn't fight it anymore.

I'm officially a little piggy. I've reached a new low!

Mrs1986 Thu 21-Jan-16 06:27:21

Oh wow stranded that's totally going to be me! I've been awake since 5, and it's a rare time when my alarm isn't due to go off until 7.
I've just been trying to get back to sleep. I thought reading the posts might help me nod off again!!

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 21-Jan-16 07:23:00

Hahaha stranded hilarious! I reckon it's only a matter of time for all of us.
Scan day today, yay! It's at 9.30 in the city centre and traffic is dreadful in the mornings so we're all up bright and early ready to go in good time smile it's so nice to have DH here! He's taking Friday off as well, nice to have him around. Family day planned today. DD is ridiculously overexcited that her dad is here even though it's not the weekend. Happy happy days smile

MrsSantaClause Thu 21-Jan-16 07:24:57

Marking my place grin

Mrs1986 Thu 21-Jan-16 07:33:35

Good Luck GlenCoco, looking forward to hearing how it goes. Mine is at 4:10, so have to do some work first!

ToElleWithIt Thu 21-Jan-16 10:03:16

Good Luck GlenCoco and Mrs1986

We had our scan at 8am this morning. In and out nice and quick. I got my bloods done at the same time. All good - phew! Baby was waving and wiggling its little stumps (?!) Measuring 11 weeks so EDD 11th Aug. I'm so relieved. I'm at work so I can't post the scan pic, but will do so later.

bearhuggy Thu 21-Jan-16 10:14:43

morning everyone and thanks for the new thread coco !

star GOOD LUCK with scans today coco and Mrs star

Elle so glad everything went well for you, post a pic when you can!

I too was up all hours last night, 4 times to pop to the loo which is a new record. My midwife told me it was hormones rather than anything pushing down on the bladder at this stage...just wish it would stop. When I woke at 4am I was starving, tummy grumbling and started to get a headache. Drank some water and managed to fall back to sleep but think I might also need a sandwich stash on my bedside table stranded !!

Lily are you feeling better??

pea any joy with the doppler last night?

Mrs1986 Thu 21-Jan-16 10:23:48

Are you getting many headaches Bear?
I'm getting them quite a lot. I always drink about 2L of water every day but i have found this last week (ish) that I'm not weeing as much, and I'm when I do go, it's very concentrated like I've haven't had anything to drink!
I wonder if I need to try and drink more but to be honest I don't really know how, I already drink what I think is a lot!!

bearhuggy Thu 21-Jan-16 10:42:48

Thats funny you should say that Mrs as I have been experiencing the exact same thing. I drink at least 2.5L of water a day + herbal tea's and I am finding when I go to the loo its concentrated and (sorry if this sounds weird!) doesn't flow as much, I feel like I am bursting for the loo but when I go it's not as satisfying. Just this morning I decided I was going to spread out my supplements throughout the day to see if that helps as I am currently taking them all with dinner, so was thinking they might be interfering overnight?!

Have only been getting headaches when I am hungry and then this morning when I woke up, again I thought I would try to change when I take the supplements to see if that helps as it was the only thing I can think of!!

Anyone else finding this?

lilygirl81 Thu 21-Jan-16 11:12:03

bear for the first day in weeks I am ketone free which is good. I've discovered I can seem to eat Mac cheese so trying to focus on that. I'm due back at work a week today so hoping this is it. We have our NHS scan tomorrow afternoon so can't wait for that.

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 21-Jan-16 12:21:04

Oooh lily I lived on Heinz tinned macaroni cheese when pg with DD! In real life I think it's vile but at the time I couldn't get enough.

Scan went well, I got a huge wave of relief when I saw the heartbeat! Baby was tucked right down and wouldn't play ball at all, I had to wiggle around, go for a walk etc before she could get any measurements and even then it took a while! We saw baby kicking and moving, opening & closing its mouth, even saw its tiny hands and feet - ten teeny toes already all present and correct, just amazing. Dates were exactly in line with mine, 12+6 today, giving me a due date of 29th July. I feel so ridiculously lucky grin

MrsSantaClause Thu 21-Jan-16 12:27:15

Four I'm having my scan at lri too! Hoping to give birth at home though grin

bearhuggy Thu 21-Jan-16 12:28:54

Thats great news lily!! Brilliant you are able to manage mac and cheese and hopefully this is the start of you feeling much better and back to work next week. What time's your scan tomorrow? Will be thinking of you.

bearhuggy Thu 21-Jan-16 12:33:04

yey coco !!! Amazing scan, so happy for you. Such a cute bub! grin

Hope mine goes as well as yours tomorrow, fingers crossed.

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 21-Jan-16 12:35:11

Santa me too! Snap! I've worked on the lri wards and delivery suite when I was a stmw and there's not much that would convince me to give birth there unless I have to! The midwives on delivery suite are nice enough but so manic and run off their feet, a very different kettle of fish to a homebirth. They do have a fab NICU though so if it came to it I'd rather be there than the general.

M2B816 Thu 21-Jan-16 12:45:43

I actually had tears in my eyes four, seeing your scans. Hormones! Can't imagine what will happen when I see mine blush

Sophia1984 Thu 21-Jan-16 12:49:14

Hi everyone, joining this thread after lurking on last one! I'm 11w3d, due on August 11th. Had an early MC at 7 weeks in August so have been trying

lilygirl81 Thu 21-Jan-16 13:26:04

Hi Sophia and congratulations! A few of us have had recent mc, so know how stressful things can feel.

Four what a great scan. My little one really loves to hide so I can see me having to do all the moving about too

Jw35 Thu 21-Jan-16 13:27:02

Congrats GlenCo! Lovely pics!

Scan on Monday at 12. Feels like forever! I'm 12+1 today and sickness behind me woohoo! Only symptoms now are tired in evenings and boobs big and tender. No food cravings or increased hunger just gone off tea so drinking squash. If anything I feel more energetic in the day! Probably because I have a one year old so my body maybe remembers how to cope? Oh I do have increased cm. feel a bit smelly blush I need some pads! Gross but true!

Not bothered with the Doppler again, just have to wait until the scan to confirm there's a baby in there! Can't wait.

Have a new girls name idea of Amelie. Not sure yet though. Boy will be Alex

VivaHate Thu 21-Jan-16 14:12:30

First time mum here, all my friends are childless, don't really know anyone in my area (it's a town where people live all their lives, same as their parents, grandparents...)... fun times! grin So hoping to find some support on here.

I'm 11 weeks today and awaiting my first scan (slight date mix up as I thought I was only about 7 weeks).

Jw35 Amelie is a beautiful name, so pretty!

bearhuggy Thu 21-Jan-16 14:40:22

Welcome Sophia and viva and congrats to you both! We are all here to support with whatever you need! I am also a first time mum to be, I have one friend with a baby and apart from that, everyone else is either just married, getting married, or still dating...so all very new to me too.

jw Amelie is a very sweet name. Would Alex be Alexander or just Alex? Lovely either way.

Name choosing is going to be so hard !! I think you have to see the baby first before naming, anyone else??

PickleBot Thu 21-Jan-16 15:35:46

Hi everyone, new thread time already! Lovely scan pictures Four

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now