Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section infection

(5 Posts)
LubnaRasheedi Sun 27-Dec-15 17:44:19

Hi,
I had emergency c section in Manchester UK after going through intense labour pain for 2 days.
I had severe pain in abdomen from next day of the delivery till 2 weeks.
Then my c section incision cut point got infected and GP asked me to complete 1 week antibiotic course.
I completed the course , infected area looked dry and healed but the pain in the abdomen continued and i could not touch or wear anything on my tummy .
Now my baby is 3 months old and i still have same pain , i have to tuck my jeans really high as my incision surrounding area is still tender. But worst is again my incision has got infected and again GP has asked me to complete 1 week of antibiotic course .
Guys is this a normal situation? I am really worried why this infection is reoccuring ? I really fear if my operation was not done properly. Going to now insisit my GP to send me for scan etc ....has amyone faced same problem ? How long usually it takes to recover from c section ?

bletheringboys Sun 27-Dec-15 17:56:12

I had a csection in June (third one).
Infection set in in day 2 - IV antibiotics and some follow up antibiotics. About 3 weeks later, another infection set in - another round of (slightly less stringent) antibiotics.
Completely healed - honestly - after about 3-4 months. The outside felt fine before insides - remember they've cut through loads of 'layers', some take longer to heal, especially if infection has been involved.
I still get the odd twinge now, though I feel pretty normal.
I would say if you are still concerned though definitely go to the docs.

LubnaRasheedi Sun 27-Dec-15 18:04:19

Yeah ...my situation is not good as i can see the surrounding area is red n swelling too. I have completed my 3 rd round of antibiotics today and still the area is tender

iwannadancewithsomebody Sun 27-Dec-15 18:08:10

I had a horrific experience with an emergency c-section (won't go into details though), however it took me at least three years before it was not sensitive.

High waisted trousers and granny pants were my friend for such a long time. I didn't even get the top of my bikini line waxed.

It will take time but will get better.

LubnaRasheedi Sun 27-Dec-15 19:34:09

Oh thats sooooo scary and sad . My sisters went through planned c section and none had any problem . I am not sure if I am going through issues and complexities just because in emergency c section the process is different n healing process is very slow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now