Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TCC#1 Grads Thread

(957 Posts)
Runner05 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:40:18

Well we were TTC but now we've graduated to growing a small human. Good buy peeing on opk's and ic's every day hello monitoring exactly how sick and bloated we feel and ensuring that we're never more than 30ft from a bathroom!

It's the TTC#1 graduates thread! Come and join us on a no holds barred exploration of first time pregnancy (but be really careful about opening any links about cervical fluid unless you have a very strong constitution... Let's face it you're pregnant so you don't)

Runner05 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:47:32

So ladies, we've got enough grads now to warrant our own thread grin shall we do stats?

Name: Runner
Days: 3+1
Due: 31/08/16

Just got my positive test this morning (eeek) still not entirely sure I'm upduffed but I'm sure it'll sink in soon. So far symptoms include metallic taste, light cramping and feeling a bit sick if I'm hungry.

Haven't made a dr's appointment yet and am mostly sifting around feeling a bit confused and alternating between excited and chilled. Not entirely sure what to do next confused

BunchOfBobs Thu 17-Dec-15 14:54:56

Yay found the thread

5+6
Due Date : 11/8/16

So far sore boobs, giant nips, bloating from hell and peeing all the time. I've done 9 tests all in to keep convincing myself. I phoned the dr 3 days after bfp and then spoke to kid wife. I've had my notes through which has made it feel all the more real and my 12 week scan is booked for 1/2/16 eek!

Runner05 Thu 17-Dec-15 14:58:49

Eeee scan so exciting!!!!... I'm not sure about seeing a kid wife though... I prefer my medical practitioners to be human wink

I think by the time I get to your stage I'll just live in the loo as I'm already spending most of my life in there.

BunchOfBobs Thu 17-Dec-15 15:05:49

Haha oops, damn auto correct.

Newmrs22 Thu 17-Dec-15 19:57:30

Hello ladies!

I'm estimating I'm 5+6 too, but that's a complete guess! Could be as much as 7+6 ( very unlikely) or as little as 4+6. Got my GP appointment tomorrow grin

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 00:12:08

Hi New grin

Let us know how the GP apt goes, what they do etc. at the moment how good they are seems to vary widely.

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 06:28:58

Morning ladies, how you feeling today.

I spent most of yesterday evening feeling vaguely nauseous. If I feel like that now I dread to think what I'll be like at 6 weeks when I'm supposed to feel sick! confused
I know my sister had awful morning sickness... Joy!

I'm also peeing for Britain... I went to see StarWars last night and I only got through the whole movie by unbuttoning my jeans. I had to keep my jacket on my lap but even so I think the person sitting next to me noticed! blush

BunchOfBobs Fri 18-Dec-15 07:07:55

Morning fall. I'm officially 6 weeks today. I've grown a blueberry smile. I'm feeling rough today but the always the way I feel when I first get offshore, I have a really unsettled stomach when travelling for some reason so think I'll be fine tomorrow. I'm drinking ginger tea anyway. Boobs are hurting on a whole other level.

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 07:14:25

Oh no, poor you. Hope you're right and it's just the travel. Hopefully if you get some sleep you'll feel better. I always feel like the back end of a gorilla when I travel long distance. cakethanks

Newmrs22 Fri 18-Dec-15 07:35:51

I'm weirdly nervous for GP. Haven't really told anyone yet, so feels odd to talk about it in real life! I'm expecting it to be a waste of time. I want to see a midwife!
I have been feeling ridiculously exhausted but not sick yet. The peeing is getting annoying!
How are you guys going to cope with Christmas? Will you tell a few people? I haven't decided about telling family yet.

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 07:44:35

I don't think it'll be a problem for me. The Christmas parties are over, the kids know I like non-alcoholic wine as much as the alcoholic stuff so won't question if I'm drinking it and I'm always the driver so it's quite normal for me not to drink when we go places.

I'm more worried about food. We go to the in laws a couple of nights a week for dinner and the food is sometimes interesting... Explaining why I'm not eating some of it will be difficult.

BunchOfBobs Fri 18-Dec-15 07:44:35

Our families already know. My parents, his parents and SIL and BIL. We had to tell them as I wasn't drinking in Paris- bit of a giveaway.
Christmas is easily sorted for me though. I'm most likely going to be out here for it so no drinking to dodge. I am worried if when the sickness kicks in that it'll be hard to hide from my co workers.

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 09:13:27

Just called the Dr and arranged an appointment to see the GP on next Wednesday.

Receptionist was lovely and said that she'd book me a GP appointment as soon as possible but that I'll need to phone in in January to make an appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks which will be around 20/1. Can't wait!!

OH informed me this morning that we're going to have to decide on names!!! grin

shelbTa Fri 18-Dec-15 09:49:12

Placemarking!

X

Newmrs22 Fri 18-Dec-15 09:51:29

GP appointment was fine. Took blood pressure, gave me a pregnancy pack with some info, told me about things to avoid eating.
The dates conversation was interesting. She basically said because I'm not sure they might do an early dating scan, because they don't want to risk missing the 12-week window for some of the tests. I didn't really get that, because I'm definitely not more pregnant than 8 weeks. Midwife will contact me and let me know if she wants me to have an early dating scan.

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 10:53:40

Sounds like it was really productive New although, the early scan seems a bit odd but hey, if you can get a free early scan then go for it!

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 10:55:38

Not to be indelicate (phah!) but I feel like I've spent most of the day in the loo and I have gas coming from both ends!!! blush

BunchOfBobs Fri 18-Dec-15 11:28:15

Welcome to the glamour that is pregnancy eh?! Do you have any bloating at all Runner?

Runner05 Fri 18-Dec-15 11:41:20

The bloating isn't too bad Bunch although I did have to undo the top button of my jeans at the cinema last night blush

Morwenna1 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:41:04

Hi everyone!

Yay, we have more BFP's!! Congratulations Runner and Shelb

I am:
5+3
Due date: 17/08/16

So far I've had: Bloating, Gas, Heartburn, spots, Constipation, Cramps and extreme mood swings. Start of week 5 the symptoms eased off to the point where I was left wondering what the hell is going on, so have ordered more sticks and continued to pee on them every morning. Still pregnant! Doc appt was disappointing, complete formality - went in to get flu jab yesterday from nurse but she advised to wait until 12 weeks (new guidelines). Ended up breaking down in tears on her and she reassured me that as long as there isn't bleeding and I'm not in a lot of pain to try and relax and go with the flow.

This morning I woke up to slight nausea and funny little twinges in my left ovary. Not painful, but more discomfort.

Currently trying to not obsess over symptoms or lack thereof.
Private scan booked for 9th Jan when I'll be 8+4 as I just can't wait until 12 weeks to know what's happening!

Great you're getting an early scan Mrs!

Morwenna1 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:43:47

Runner you told me what to do when my head was all over the place remember?! grin Get thee to a doctor/midwife/qualified person! Anything that you have a bit of control over not that I'm a control freak in this process will help to relax you.

Morwenna1 Fri 18-Dec-15 12:45:05

How you doing Bunch You're slightly ahead of me, anything I mentioned ring a bell?

BunchOfBobs Fri 18-Dec-15 12:55:32

Completely Mor, but I'm still awaiting nausea and heartburn though. Totally with you on the spot front though! If I get off the rig in time in going to try book an early scan. I imagine it'll be hard to get one so quickly this time of year though. Is it going ridiculously slowly for you?

shelbTa Fri 18-Dec-15 13:31:45

Hi!

Hi mor!

I feel quite shit today - woke up feeling sick, battling through the day! Nausea is by far the worst symptom so far, and boobs are bit sore, headache and a bit anxy. It's still settling in! Will do more when OH knows tomorrow.

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now