Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2016 (4)

(984 Posts)
Scase1firsttimemum Mon 14-Dec-15 21:25:05

Hello ladies, made a new thread seeing as we have almost run out of room on the last one!

Cheery1 Mon 14-Dec-15 21:41:52

Brilliant! Thanks Scase

Scase1firsttimemum Mon 14-Dec-15 21:48:27

No problem! smile I love this thread, helps everyone get put at ease when they worry and others have had it and their baby is fine! I only found mumsnet yesterday and already feel a million times better about things Ive been feeling, or not been feeling! This is such a great idea and everyones so friendly grin

Kajamite Mon 14-Dec-15 21:48:55

Thanks! Hopefully I can keep up with this one, I'm rubbish at it

Cheery1 Mon 14-Dec-15 21:51:06

Ah no pressure Kaj like Scase says - we're when you need us! I've found it a sanity saver smile

Cookiesandcoffee Mon 14-Dec-15 22:22:44

Thanks for the new thread scase

Thanks for your responses ladies. No it's definitely not a lack of lubrication issue... That wouldn't really worry me.. This is very much internal. Sends waves of pain up through my body almost? And without going into too much detail etc different positions have been tried, and even very shallow and still the case. It feels like it could be my cervix, but as far as I'm aware I have no low cervix issues or anything?
I'm up to date with smears etc and nothing has changed since last pregnancy..

Any thoughts or input welcome. Feels good to even let it out as have felt unable to talk to anyone. It seems trivial in relation to having a heathy baby but I do feel like it has the potential to effect mine and DH relationship, as understanding as he is.

Sorry for the me me me. Aw scase that's really nice, I must say mumsnet saved my sanity last pregnancy and I'm sure it will do the same this time smile glad you joined us for the journey

Gx91 Mon 14-Dec-15 22:34:39

Checking in thanks for starting new thread scase smile x

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Tue 15-Dec-15 04:37:03

Marking my place during yet another insomnia filled night ( feel like a zombie at the mo!) Thanks for setting up scase

Jem01 Tue 15-Dec-15 06:24:46

Marking my place!

Scase1firsttimemum Tue 15-Dec-15 07:12:04

Waking up for work is such a struggle these days! And doesnt help Ive been awake since 4:30 needing the toilet -.-

Flossiesmummy Tue 15-Dec-15 07:27:03

Hello! Placemarking. Excited for my dating scan on Thursday!

11+1

Kaytee1987 Tue 15-Dec-15 08:06:19

Cookies that sounds horrible sad if you're worried maybe visit the gp to see if they could put your mind at rest.
I stupidly told DH that some people are advised not to have sex in the first trimester and I've heard ivf patients are told not to. He now won't have sex with me! I told him I'm going to ask the midwife today and would he believe a professional opinion. Even though the pg hormones are making me feel sick & tired they're also working in other ways blush and I'm not waiting another 4 weeks.
8+2

Woodsy81 Tue 15-Dec-15 08:10:56

Just checking in. 12 weeks today! smile

Hamsolo Tue 15-Dec-15 08:14:31

Woohoo woodsy! Is your scan soon?

Can't believe we're on thread 4 already.

Also can't believe anyone is up for sex - sore boobs, crippling headaches & nausea... poor DH gets told off if he so much as hints grin

SunnyScot89 Tue 15-Dec-15 08:29:11

Hello, just checking in on the new thread. Sorry I've not been as chatty as most of you!! It's hard to keep up, but hello to all the newbies and congrats for all the scans.
I'm no longer feeling sick, although I'm still a bit queezy at times. Still tired and my boobs feel like they're going to explode! Going to go buy a new bra tomorrow, anyone got any advice/recommendations?

Cheery1 Tue 15-Dec-15 08:47:11

Woohoo! Hooray Woodsy! X

Cheery1 Tue 15-Dec-15 08:47:23

10+1

Woodsy81 Tue 15-Dec-15 09:14:13

Hamslo, I have my 12 week scan on 22nd. We had private scan and harmony test on Saturday past. Just waiting for blood test results before we can announce (should be before Friday). Telling my Dad on Saturday even if we have no test results back.
I am getting really wary of announcing on facebook though (Don't know why). I thought I would want to shout it from the rooftops but as the time for announcing gets nearer I am unsure. I don't mind telling the rest of my family/close friends face to face or by skype when I need to, and letting the news filter through. I think I will wait till 20 weeks to announce on facebook.

Vickie360 Tue 15-Dec-15 09:47:41

Hi everyone just marking my place. I've got my booking in app on Thursday can't wait hopefully then I can get my scan sorted. Hi to all the newbies and thank you for sharing all the lovely scan pictures.

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Tue 15-Dec-15 09:48:07

Another spotty one here - big red swollen and painful bumps on chin, neck, and a random one on my torso! Yet somehow my skin feels quite dry.

Also have completely lost my sex drive too, don't fancy it all but I have found that as long as we take it slowly, I can eventually get in the mood. Entirely up to DP to instigate though because I have just lost the urge.

So jealous of all of you with scans coming up, it'll be at least end of January for me at this rate. Still can't get in touch with the midwife. Might go and camp out at her office until she speaks to me. angry

redstrawberries101 Tue 15-Dec-15 10:39:58

Marking my place!

9 weeks today! grin

julfin Tue 15-Dec-15 10:51:26

Checking in.

And the good news (that I've just learnt) is: eggs stamped with the British Lion come from salmonella-vaccinated hens smile This news has made my week - I love nice soft scrambled eggs or poached eggs!

www.egginfo.co.uk/british-lion-eggs/about/british-lion-code-practice

On a different note, my bump is pretty damn obvious now! Luckily I've (just in time) finished work for Christmas so can now wear nice comfy casual clothes with lots of layers... It was getting pretty challenging squeezing myself into my smart office clothes - will have to get new stuff for post-Christmas.

Any advice from people who've upsized their bras already? My boobs are totally spilling out!

jemimahpuddleduck Tue 15-Dec-15 11:32:57

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, been a manic week and have a cold.

Had my scan today and dates have been brought forward to June 20 2016 making me 13+1 today, I hope you don't mind me sticking around here though?

Baby was jumping and kicking about and we saw it stretch its hand and the sonographer counted all the fingers was amazing.

Going back through to catch up now.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:33:23

I wrote a post on the old thread oops.

Cookies you definitely need to get yourself checked out. I don't think whatever is wrong will affect the baby but it isn't a normal feeling during sex so you need to find out what's causing it. It could be a possible infection that just needs clearing up with antibiotics.

Ham you have the same symptoms as me. Sore boobs (although not as sore as they were) they are actually feeling quite hard at the top and so veiny, headaches & nausea.

I'm still peeing lots in the night too. I sleep so well so it's really annoying. I'm in a dormer bungalow so I have to go downstairs to the loohmm. Four times I was up last night/this morning.

10+5

Cheery1 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:38:26

Jemima - That is an amazing pic! How wonderful! Congratulations fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now