Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2016 thread #5 Starting the great gender speculation. ..

(992 Posts)
BabySocks Sat 12-Dec-15 23:08:35

Well I can't believe I am doing this but I am petrified the old thread is about to get filled up and we are going to loose people. ...

Happy New Thread (fingers buffering crossed this works AND I can manage to post the link confused )

BabySocks Sat 12-Dec-15 23:14:05

Hope all the loose people are ok envy

LouLou030783 Sat 12-Dec-15 23:29:06

Lol it says June 2014 X baby brain kicked in.. Just been to an Xmas night out god they are so dull minus the alcohol. The oh is suitably pissed and sleeping on sofa. How many ladies from this thread are considering when the time comes finding out their baby's gender?

BabySocks Sat 12-Dec-15 23:33:09

Oh rubbish! I have reported myself, hopefully they can change it! We are NOT finding out, I was on the fence last time but didn't in the end and really liked not knowing. Each to their own though, what about you loulou ?

LouLou030783 Sat 12-Dec-15 23:39:24

I'm in 2 minds I didn't know with my other 2 and I'm happy in the fact I didn't however this time I just don't know lol I'm so 50/50. X

vitalite Sun 13-Dec-15 00:00:52

Oh we definitely would like to find out if we can. I found out with my 2nd that I was having a boy and liked being able to buy stuff other than just unisex. Have no pref either way but just like to be organised smile

Eastend2015 Sun 13-Dec-15 00:31:11

We are going to try not to find out if we can possibly avoid it. I'd quite like to but the HB is dead against.

Re- comments on the previous thread, we have told family, close friends and close work colleagues now. I do feel quite nervous about it though given two previous miscarriages. I found myself caveating the news by mentioning previous difficulties almost to protect myself but I am trying to stop that now and talk positively. It is hard though 😳

bikingintherain Sun 13-Dec-15 06:08:41

Marking place, thanks for organising it babysocks!

mrsmugoo Sun 13-Dec-15 07:13:17

Marking place - thanks for the new thread.

We will def be finding out this time but didn't last time and I loved the anticipation but 2nd and final baby it's for more practical reasons this time to find out.

No preference, I would be absolutely chuffed with another boy. I'm not sure I'd know what to do with a girl?!

Potkettleblack2 Sun 13-Dec-15 07:18:43

Thanks for the new thread!
I found out yesterday that my friend is pregnant too-it made me so excited!
We're not going to find out the sex-even though logistically it's be easier.
I've still not bought anything for the baby but don't really think I need much-I need to go to the loft and have a look at what we have!
With DC1 I felt movement at 19 weeks but I'm sure I felt something the other day at 14+6 but I've not felt anything since.

nehagarg Sun 13-Dec-15 07:23:47

Yaaay. Shiny new thread. Thanks babysocks.

Definitely in the planning to find out camp. Its just easier to be more organised. Besides this is a first grandchild for both my and DH's parents so they are planning to go apeshit with gifts so kmowing the gender would help them. Did tell them not to go pink mad if its a girl though. grin

Have felt the odd flutter now and then but not sure of it was baby or gas.

My voice is gone this morning following a cold and sore throat for the past few days. Only the second time in my life that this has happened but its so scary. I love talking. blush

mrsmugoo Sun 13-Dec-15 07:27:10

Nehagarg that was the exact reason we didn't find out first time round! We told GPs we had plenty of white babygros thankyouverymuch and by the time we ran out of unisex clothes I could properly tell my mum especially what sort of things were yo my taste (NO mini football kits, NO "little man" slogans etc...)

nehagarg Sun 13-Dec-15 07:37:41

Yep mrsmugoo. I am having to tell everyone to stay away from gender biased clothes and toys. I grew up playing with toy trucks and super heroes. My kid will damn well play with whatever they like. Thankfully the GPs listen. Or at least I think they do. hmm (I might have to rethink this.

mrsmugoo Sun 13-Dec-15 07:47:26

I'm not one for gender stereotypes either but I have a boy who likes clattering around making noise and wants to play with diggers and dinosaurs in contrast to my niece who's the same age and they had all the same toys yet she likes tucking her soft toys in with blankets and sits for ages quietly drawing.

nehagarg Sun 13-Dec-15 07:54:01

Fair enough. As long as she likes it. While I grew up, I was the one with the cars and mud and my brother was the one playing house. DH has had a bit of a tough time seeing my point when I said I'll buy our boy a barbie if he really wants one but he gets it now, thankfully.

iamdivergent Sun 13-Dec-15 07:55:51

Morning all - 13wks today smile

Belvedere Sun 13-Dec-15 08:09:40

So true about gender stereotyping and clothes. I hate boys clothes with pictures and slogans and like newborns in white babygrows. We will find out for sure, next scan is 14th Jan which doesn't feel that far away. I'd like a boy so that ds has a brother but we have both said we'd like a girl so she's look after us when we are old!! Boys are rubbish at ringing their mums!
Mrsmugoo Bristol girls with the same due date!! Did southmead give you your next scan date?

LouLou030783 Sun 13-Dec-15 08:17:12

Yeah I'm Defo in 2 minds one of my reason is ds wants a boy and dd wants a girl so thinking if I find out at least the other has time to get used to it not being what they would like x

JellyBaby26 Sun 13-Dec-15 08:17:51

Place marking!

We are finding out this time after leaving it a surprise last time. I have a strong feeling it's a girl though. Talking about it makes me so excited!

mrsmugoo Sun 13-Dec-15 08:24:38

Nehagarg I bought him a little pushchair and he tips it over and pretends it's a car!

amysmummy12345 Sun 13-Dec-15 08:27:19

I'm here! Put the kettle on 😁 xx

MadrigalElectromotive Sun 13-Dec-15 08:29:53

We're finding out the sex a week today! Very excited. fgrin

mrslewis2015 Sun 13-Dec-15 08:40:29

Hi new thread!

Just caught up after a busy few days, actually managed my works Christmas party... Felt quite rough but glad I went as I leave this job after Christmas (I can't handle it whilst pregnant!)

we aren't going to find out with this baby, don't want to give him/her an 'identity' before we've had chance to meet baby in real life... Or so the theory is in my head! I expect we would find out with a second child tho, to help them bond with baby and to make things easier organisation wise! Can totally see why people find out!! So exciting to hear what your all having!!

Lovelybeano Sun 13-Dec-15 08:49:00

I didn't find out with dd & ds and loved not knowing, however this time we will be much to my disappointment but it does mean we can sort the bedroom situation out before baby arrives because 2 will have to share an they'll be in the bigger bedroom. Having 2 neutral babies I'm going to have boy or girl everything - not necessarily pink or blue but boy colours and girl colours, including the pram, change bag, blankets (my friend makes blankets and dribble bibs and I've already spotted some superhero material that she's got in blue and pink !!) although if I had my was I wouldn't find out, but seen as we are, I'm going to enjoy the boy girl shopping experience grin

Lovelybeano Sun 13-Dec-15 08:50:08

Sorry about the typos, should of read it through before posting!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now