Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2016

(1000 Posts)
Jw35 Sun 22-Nov-15 17:57:54

Hi just got my bfp! I'm early, 3 days before AF was due so not sure if I'm the only one with an August due date?

I'm due August 3rd smile

bramblina Mon 23-Nov-15 01:06:19

Aw, congratulations smile I'm not pg, but my 1st son was born August 4th (dd 2nd) and it was a fab time to have a baby. Enjoy your pregnancy. smile

Jw35 Mon 23-Nov-15 13:40:54

Thank you! smile

SunLolly Mon 23-Nov-15 13:58:45

Hi - can I join? Think I am due on 28 July so not technically August smile

Asher90 Mon 23-Nov-15 15:02:31

Hi guys, bfp last week, due around 25th July also 😊

Asher90 Mon 23-Nov-15 15:03:41

Can I have some advice guys? How do you go about speaking to your doctor? And what happens at your first appointment, do they do another pregnancy test?

SunLolly Mon 23-Nov-15 16:27:04

I just called them up and said various stupid things such as "I've never been pregnant before, what do i do?"

Anyway, I have my first appointment tomorrow (which does seem very early) so will let you know what happens then.

Jw35 Mon 23-Nov-15 16:27:07

Of course you can join although there is a July thread of you prefer? I'm going to be having a planned section so mine could be July too!

Normally if it's your first baby you see the doctor at 6 weeks, they don't usually do another test unless you ask for one x

Asher90 Mon 23-Nov-15 16:52:14

So they go on your word that you are pregnant? I was afraid to ask on the phone because even though the surgery I attend is tiny, they know all of my family and I havn't told anyone yet. smile this is baby number 1, I havn't a clue what I should and should not be doing. Does anyone have severe bloating too? I feel like I am absolutely busting. 😂😂

Jw35 Mon 23-Nov-15 17:05:37

They didn't test me in my last pregnancy!

I'm not very bloated which is strange for me! I do have a mahoosive appetite though! grin

BergamotMouse Tue 24-Nov-15 08:21:59

Hi all,

Do you mind if I join. I'm also due 28th July but feel so far behind the July group where everyone is about 4 weeks ahead of me. I went to the doctors yesterday which was a bit pointless but he was very nice and told me what I should be doing. I booked my midwife appointment for 2 weeks time which I think is a bit early as I'll only be 6+4.

I've not had many symptoms but had my first wave of nausea just now. Had to deep breathe through it but it passed after about 10 minutes.

Asher - they just take your word that you're pregnant. Don't worry about the fact that they know your family - they can't say anything because of confidentiality.

Anyway. Nice to 'meet' you all.

Asher90 Tue 24-Nov-15 08:44:13

Thanks for the advice bergamotmouse I have an appointment booked for next Monday by which stage ill be about 6+2, no nausea, really bloated in the evenings, and boobs are just a no go. DP brushed past me last night and I could have cried 😂 not fun 😅

Basketofwool Tue 24-Nov-15 09:45:21

Hi everyone

I thought I'd join you folks here as well. My due date is 29th July and like you Bergamot I feel a bit behind the July thread! Also I'm sure its unlikely baby will actually be born in July.

I'm feeling fine at the moment. I had one bout of nausea on Friday and nothing since then. The BFP was a bit of a surprise so I'm still just getting my head around being pregnant and having to be sensible this Christmas...it feels like there are SO many xmas parties happening in December. I have three separate ones just at work!

Looking forward to welcoming more ladies to this thread smile

Jw35 Tue 24-Nov-15 09:53:37

Welcome all the newcomers! smile end of July is ok by me! I expect il be end of July too as I'm having a section and my due date is 3rd August.

Thankfully no sickness yet but had it my other 2 pregnancies so I expect il get that soon!

I had pregnancy pica last time too..I craved the smell of shoe polish!

Asher90 Tue 24-Nov-15 10:16:47

Lol, a lady I know had diesel on a face cloth in a sandwich bag in her handbag at all times. She craved the smell. It was crazy!!! Hopefully won't crave anything that toxic smile on the due date calculator it estimates that I'm due 24th July. I don't plan on telling anyone other than parents until Christmas or after. Has anyone any advice on how to tell your parent for first baby? I'm 25 and DP is 26, have been together 8 years, so shouldn't be a huge surprise, but am still quite nervous. confused

Jw35 Tue 24-Nov-15 10:30:56

Asher wear a T shirt saying 'mind the bump' and see how long it takes for them to notice!

Asher90 Tue 24-Nov-15 10:36:14

Lmfao!!!! I have a sick sense of humour, my mum wouldn't even flinch!!! She would read it, and ignore it because she wouldn't even give me a reaction smile

lilygirl81 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:00:54

Hi
I'm on the July group, as due 28 July, but might chat on both for a while if that's allowed? I'm sure I will go into August, given it's our first.

I'm seeing my midwife on 3 December, and I'm also getting an early scan because I've had previous losses and an EP years ago. They are scanning me bang on my 6 week date. I read somewhere that if they see a heartbeat at 6 weeks, your success rate goes up to about 74%, and 98% at 8 weeks. If I don't get offered an 8 week scan I think I will book a private one, which would be the week before Christmas smile

Are we mostly first timers here?

Jw35 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:10:18

Are we mostly first timers here?

This is my 3rd. I have a 12 year old dd and an 11 month old dd smile

I wanted 2 close together as the eldest was an only child for 11 years and was quite lonely

Asher90 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:22:53

I'm a first timer, but it would be great for more experienced mums to hang about to ease the nerves and maybe answer stupid questions and give advice smile like - does everyone get a scan at 6 weeks or do you have to request one. I live in northern Ireland and as yet we don't have midwife led units, so it's all based in hospital as far as I know?

lilygirl81 Tue 24-Nov-15 12:29:39

Oh good, so we can all ask you our questions smile

Jw35 Tue 24-Nov-15 14:35:30

It's normally 12 weeks for a scan!

Ask away! I only had a baby last Xmas so all fresh in my mind still!

FourForYouGlenCoco Tue 24-Nov-15 14:48:22

Hello all, am due 31st July! DD was born the day after her due date so it could go either way.
I'm currently 4+4 and very nervous after a MMC in August and a CP last month (plus a MMC before DD). Will be pushing for an early scan around the 6 week mark. Not telling anyone (including DH!) til I've seen a heartbeat, it's too depressing having to un-tell everyone a few weeks later. Am keeping everything crossed for this one. Feeling like I've been punched in the tits and also a bit sicky so that's reassuring! I'll happily puke my guts out for the next 8 months if I can have a baby at the end of it.

Asher90 Tue 24-Nov-15 15:28:41

"You go Glenn coco" I love mean girls smile fingers crossed that your baba is beating away in there Glenn coco. I'm in boob hell aswell, feels like my nips are in clamps, hypothetically speaking.

Wow jw35, your going to have a lovely gap between your two, I have a sister a year younger than me and I couldn't imagine ever not having her growing up!!! I would love to hopefully go again straight away.

Jw35 Tue 24-Nov-15 15:32:10

I know me and my sister are 16 months apart! These two will be 19 months apart smile I need to think about double buggies! My body will be wrecked as I've not lost all the weight from last baby!

This thread is not accepting new messages.