Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2016 #4 - 12 week scans, seeing tiny feet and hands!

(999 Posts)
laughingGnomette Fri 20-Nov-15 09:35:54

Happy new thread everyone smile

Stats found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oTx71GeTR-ilVPTpIhNhutAwZPqNyYNEyIDwO80PmKQ/edit#gid=0

dollydaydream84 Fri 20-Nov-15 09:38:26

Happy Friday! Have a good time in Vencie obssessed

Had the best sleep Ive had in ages last night, got up had my breakfast and then slept for an hour on the couch! Must have needed it!

laughingGnomette Fri 20-Nov-15 09:53:22

dolly that sounds blissful smile

I created a new thread because the old one locked and I couldn't post on it... but it still seems to still be accepting posts. Confusing!!

17caterpillars1mouse Fri 20-Nov-15 09:56:14

New thread marking my place and also wondering if I'm the only one who hasn't seen baby yet? Feels like everyone else has had early scans?

Rose2806 Fri 20-Nov-15 09:59:33

Hi everyone, making my place on new thread! I think some posts from the end of yesterday on the old one have disappeared, or could just be my phone being silly?

My so called morning sickness seems to hit me every evening without fail around dinner time at the moment which is a pain, struggling to eat enough "good" food. Cooking it myself seems to make it much worse, it was easiest when I practically hid from all the sights and smells of my food until DH put it on the table!!

Mrslewis try not to worry too much, so many people have had spotting on here and been fine, if you saw a heart beat just 2 days ago it sounds highly unlikely that there is anything wrong, hope you hear back from the epu soon xxx

emma85x Fri 20-Nov-15 10:41:25

mrslewis don't panic. My mw told me only to be concerned if it's bright red bleeding. I hope they get back to you very soon for reassurance. Let us know how you get on.

Following on from your comment about sex, we also haven't had sex since we found out. I'm just so petrified of something going wrong I have absolutely no desire to have sex. DH is getting a tad frustrated now. Feel like a bad wife but the thought of sex makes me cringe with worry.

nehagarg Fri 20-Nov-15 10:52:12

emma I had the same thing. Went off sex from the first time I spotted at 5 weeks right up to 11 weeks. Maybe a talk with DH will help? Mine was frustrated too but understood when I explained that at this early stage we dont know what states our cervix or placenta are in and why I was concerned.

mrslewis. You poor thing. Its probably nothing though I completely understand how scary it is. You have just seen the heartbeat. Very unlikely that something is wrong this quickly. Do you have someone at work who knows who you can talk to?

Louise34567 Fri 20-Nov-15 11:04:59

Mrslewis just wanted to reassure you about this. I had the exact same thing - it's happened twice, each time after sex blush ... and as it's pale and mostly brown (occasionally stringy, sorry for tmi) it's not a bad sign. Probably just old blood making its way out. I'm a bit of a worrier, so I called the midwife, but she said not to worry - only if it's prolonged, heavy and bright red would they refer me in for a scan etc.

JellyBaby26 Fri 20-Nov-15 11:13:29

Marking place.

Those who haven't seen babies yet, that's quite normal. I just had the two normal scans last time and wouldn't bother spending money on private scans!

Lovelybeano Fri 20-Nov-15 12:13:15

I've tried to post a link on the previous thread but it won't let me, I'm sure everyone will find it smile

mrslewis2015 Fri 20-Nov-15 12:15:54

Thanks everyone, still not heard back from the EPU, but hopefully they will call soon, everything is just so heightened at the moment, I'm thinking of leaving my job and don't know how that's going to turn out, but I'm just so stressed all the time... I can't go on like this! Something has to give and I have to put baby first! Luckily my DH and family are so behind me and told me to just quit today but I have to sort something out first! Xx

jbiscuits Fri 20-Nov-15 12:25:38

I didn't have an early scan either caterpillars. I'm just due 1st June, so have just had my 12w scan (at exactly 12w it turned out).

MrsLewis I hope you hear back from the epu soon. I'm sure everything is fine though.

TattedPixie Fri 20-Nov-15 12:38:20

grabs a comfy chair and flops in it

Nausea is beginning to really pee me off. Whenever I try to eat, my nausea strikes and I can hardly eat anything. Only things that seem to agree with me is bacon sandwiches, toast and ginger biscuits.
Went to the doctors, got tablets for my high blood pressure, luckily it was a lower reading today but still not low enough to be classed as normal.
Just waiting for my scan appointment to come through. Still nothing yet

carrie1008 Fri 20-Nov-15 14:07:07

I had another appointment at the EPU today for more bleeding - baby is fine, they think my cervix is irritated and I may be one of those unfortunate ladies that bleed throughout hmm They have completed a form for me to get my scan date rather than waiting for my booking in appt because scans in Dec are filling up quickly and they didn't want me to go over the 14 weeks deadline (I'm now 9+4) If anyone is concerned their appts haven't yet come through it might be an idea to call your midwife or give your local scanning dept a ring to see if your scan can be booked in.

MagicDucky Fri 20-Nov-15 14:32:10

Just marking my place!

No you're not the only one 17!!! Still waiting patiently here!!

earlgreydrinker Fri 20-Nov-15 14:36:22

Hope you are ok mrslewis.
Havent had sex since we found out. Between the sickness, tiredness and worry it's not high on my priorities!

rose all I seem to want to eat is bread, crisps, biscuits, but mainly bread. So unlike me. Going to try and cook something healthy for tea and actually eat it tonight but the idea just turns my stomach!

My scan letter finally came - 4th dec so still have two weeks to wait - boo! It's my dads 65th next week though and I think we will tell family then, I think it would be a nice surprise!

Potkettleblack2 Fri 20-Nov-15 14:37:15

I was supposed to have my scan today but in a moment of madness I changed it to Wed and it's more convenient-I really regret that now....these extra 5 days are going to kill me!!!!

Potkettleblack2 Fri 20-Nov-15 14:37:38

*as it's more convenient

GuessHowMuchILoveGin Fri 20-Nov-15 14:42:28

Hi team. No real excitement here but 12 week scan booked for 2nd Dec. I had to tell a couple of bosses at work as felt so awful and sick, and needed to arrange cover for my scan. Frustratingly it's in the middle of the day and am working 50 miles away so not going in at all that day. Feel guilty, but it's madness to do anything else...

Biffle, how are things today?

MadrigalElectromotive Fri 20-Nov-15 14:50:44

Hi everyone, had my 12-week scan today and all was well. Massive relief after some spotting and cramping earlier in the week. Am still horribly sick, hence my relative absence from the thread, but I'm still reading along. They've moved my due date to 30th May so I'm a bit of an imposter on here really but I'll stick around if no one minds. Looking forward to telling friends and family who don't know already.

nehagarg Fri 20-Nov-15 15:06:45

Congrats jbiscuits and Madrigal. You must both be so relieved to be past the 12 week mark.

Madrigal - I got moved back to 30th May too so we are now due date buddies. Yaaay! smile

laughingGnomette Fri 20-Nov-15 15:09:32

Congratulations Madrigal! smile

We're scan date buddies Gin.

Completely gone off sex here.

I feel slightly stupid posting this but over the last couple of days I've been getting weird 'sensations' in my tummy around about where my c-section scar is a few times a day. Always in the same place. It feels just like the kicks I got in early pregnancy (I felt my first kicks quite early at 15 wks last time) but I'm only 10+4 which is waaaay too early to feel anything isn't it? Am I going crazy? It's probably just wind. Has anyone else felt anything similar?

Belleboo23 Fri 20-Nov-15 15:19:54

Mrslewis hope the epu got back to you and that the spotting has stopped.

I've had a bit of cramping today it was fairly mild and I've tried to convince myself it's things stretching but I had a horrible nightmare last night which doest help the fear and worry. Sat with a hot water bottle which has helped. I really want to go and buy a doppler but I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and may not pick anything up which will add to the worry!!

nehagarg Fri 20-Nov-15 15:20:25

Gnomette - I have been feeling a slight bubbly sensation around the spot I know the baby is. Sort of like something is rolling around. Thought it was gas too but have never felt it before in my life so not sure if it might be baby. Been feeling it since I was about 11+5. This is my first so no idea if it really is baby but if this is your second then I have read you feel things much earlier?

TattedPixie Fri 20-Nov-15 15:29:37

Yay for all you ladies getting your scan letters through. If mine hasn't arrived by Monday or Tuesday, I'm going to ring my midwife. I'm getting impatient.

I've completely gone off sex too, which my boyfriend doesn't like. I'm worried I'm gonna cause myself pain and discomfort and something will happen to my lil bean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now