Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Observations

(1 Post)
Julesamanda4 Wed 18-Nov-15 22:46:38

Hello Dudley mums-to-be,

I wonder if you can help me?

I am a Stourbridge resident, Mum, Teacher and Mature Student. I'm currently training to be a child psychotherapist. When I qualify I will be working with vulnerable children and babies in the area, and their parents.

An integral part of my training is to really understand the first years of life and the importance of early attachment and bonding between a baby and his/her mum. In order to complete my study I am looking for a family who would be happy for me to observe their baby weekly (in your own home, for about an hour a week) from birth to about 2 years of age.

There is absolutely no judgement made on parenting skills or how tidy the house is! The observation is purely so I can learn first hand about how babies communicate and the development of their internal world. You and your baby would be 'teaching' me, and in doing so would be helping me to be a better healthcare professional.

I have enhanced security checks in place, am sensitive to the needs of families, and respectful of people's private lives.

I am looking for a mum who has recently given birth or is due to give birth before the end of December.

I am unable to offer any payment for these observations, but I have been told by families that engaged in these studies in the past that they have found them to be a profound, meaningful and enjoyable experience.

If you think you may be interested, I would love to talk to you further.

Thank you for reading this, and good luck with all your babies!

Julie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now