Talk

Advanced search

My boyfriend will hardly have sex with me since I became pregnant, is this normal?

(6 Posts)
Jojo1987x Sat 07-Nov-15 17:43:19

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience to mine...
I'm 12 weeks pregnant . Before I fell pregnant my partner and I were having sex every day, sometimes twice a day. We've always agreed that love making is a big part of a relationship . Now he keeps making excuses like he's tired and has also said it feels different since I became pregnant.
My partner has cheated on previous girlfriends ,. I know he has a high sex drive but I don't know if that's pregnancy paranoia .
Can anyone please offer some advice or share similar stories?

Thanks so much !
Jo xxx

Rhealey1 Sat 07-Nov-15 22:01:17

Hello, my boyfriend was the same it made me feel like there was something wrong even though I didn't want to have sex anyway, but now I've had the baby he's interested again and just admits he felt awkward with the baby being there

Jojo1987x Sun 08-Nov-15 08:56:23

Thanks for that ... Pregnancy seems to have given my sex drive a boost so it's going to be a long 6 months but at least it's not just me that's experienced it. I was thinking all kinds of things !
Jo xxx

Loki17 Sun 08-Nov-15 09:23:29

Both times my husband was put off having penetrative sex because he was scared he'd crush the baby. However, we still did the other stuff and we were still very loving and tactile. More so, in fact. The concern here is that you don't quite trust your partner. A high sex drive isn't an excuse for cheating, and high sex drive and previous cheating doesn't mean he will cheat on you. The only way you will feel better is if you talk to him properly. Good luck x

mrsjskelton Sun 20-Dec-15 20:58:35

My husband was concerned that he would hurt the baby - big ego grin but talking to the midwife helped. It would concern me that he's cheated on his previous partners. It's not an urge that goes away if you're that kind of person so I would definitely seek some advice so it doesn't become a big issue...

TattieHowkerz Mon 21-Dec-15 06:39:41

My partner was a bit put off in my first pregnancy. I pointed out to him that either he got over it, or we wouldn't be having sex for a year. He got over it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now