Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2016 babies. Nausea, bloating and wind - feeling HOT!

(969 Posts)
Definitelysometime Mon 31-Aug-15 08:40:06

Thread two ladies. Hopefully this one will see us through into the long awaited second tri...

tappitytaptap Mon 31-Aug-15 09:22:23

Your thread title is perfect..isn't pregnancy glam!

ComeLuckyApril Mon 31-Aug-15 09:23:38

Yay new thread! I had my early scan yesterday. We were absolutely bricking it because I'd had a tiny drop of blood in the morning, but everything looked fine and measured at 7+6 so my due date's now 11th April. It was such a relief when she said there was a heartbeat.

Nausea? YES (I've been given fancy tablets to help that make me drowsy), Bloating YES and Wind YES (much of it trapped, chewing Rennie Deflatine constantly).

ashboo76 Mon 31-Aug-15 09:24:20

Hi ladi been absent but reading for a while as no app which is such a pain. So sorry for the losses and those of you struggling.

Thanks for the new thread deaf something you've got my symptoms spot on!

Happy wet bank holiday girls xx

ashboo76 Mon 31-Aug-15 09:26:12

Definitely sometime not deaf something good grief sorry blooming text!

Dexlie0806 Mon 31-Aug-15 09:40:25

Thanks for new thread definitely. Marking my place.
The sickness is getting worse I'm so poorly. Not coping very well with it. Hopefully only another 3 weeks of it till I start feeling better smile

Rinnyx Mon 31-Aug-15 10:03:47

What!? Where did my post go that showed was posted? angry
Haven't been online since I last posted so haven't read any new posts in the old thread.

Can't remember all what I posted but last night was utter crap cause I'm still stressing about starting work Wednesday and DS has suddenly turned into demon child of late that I burst into tears so much that I was then violently sick which lead to a nose bleed then awful head ache so I went to bed.

DP said maybe having DC3 is not a good idea and I don't know what to think as I've got to stay in a 1 bed flat with both DC til December if the new house is finished on time.
I'm also not getting any money til October now but will have over £200 taken out in 3 weeks for storage, I have yet to buy any of DDs costly secondary school uniform (which you have to order online) and I dread the monthly cost of bus fares for myself and both DC for schools, it's to far to walk for any of us

Just feel really lost, confused and upset...I want wine

MsTea Mon 31-Aug-15 10:11:12

Ah, a thread title after my own heart, thanks Definitely. I'm so bloated it's ridiculous. And my nausea seems to have gone in to overdrive today; I actually feel like I could be sick, which is a new and unwelcome development. (I never got that bad with DS.) Seven weeks today though, counting down to that 2nd trimester!

woundbobbin Mon 31-Aug-15 11:09:42

Place marking on the new thread.
9 weeks today.
Dd caught me puking yesterday "mummy what are those things coming out of your mouth" it's v difficult to console a toddler and vom at the same time.
I reckon I've approx 3 weeks till I start feeling better survival till then!

TriJo Mon 31-Aug-15 11:30:38

10+6 and I think some of the bloating is starting to fade and a proper tiny bump is appearing! Haven't been particularly nauseous in the last few days apart from when I eat certain things - a Costa soya chai latte was a disaster yesterday.

I think I'm going to have to tell my boss this week. I have my booking appointment next Tuesday and 12 week scan next Friday and we have some important visitors and meetings at work next week too. Argh.

KnitsBakesAndReads Mon 31-Aug-15 11:32:32

Thanks for the new thread definitely. Symptoms sound about spot on!

Welcome oops and congratulations. And congratulations on the scan April, that sounds like great news.

Hope all those struggling with nausea start feeling better soon.

Rinnyx, no wonder you're struggling - a new job, moving into a new flat, new school year etc all sounds like a lot to deal with, let alone when you're pregnant. Have you got friends or family around who you can talk to and get some support from?

Writer, hope you have a lovely holiday!

CousinChloe Mon 31-Aug-15 12:00:53

Hi there,

Finally checking in on our shiny new thread after having a MN break during all the kerfuffle. (On the list under a name change which kinda freaked me out!)

So sorry to hear the sad news thanks

I had a trip to our EPu after having about a week of ovulation-like pains on one side - scared it was an ectopic pregnancy. But had a scan which showed one beating heart in just the right place. It was measuring a bit small for my dates though, but I'm hoping maybe things are just a bit hard to measure properly at this small age.

My doctor's surgery has closed for the summer holidays (there's an arrangement with a local surgery if needed over the summer) so I can't wait to get an appointment tomorrow to start booking in properly!

Oopsnumber3 Mon 31-Aug-15 12:09:38

Marking my spot. Sleepless night for me last night, still reeling from yesterday's revelation and obsessing about how I'm going to confess to everyone. It is going to be embarrassing to say the least....Work are going to be super thrilled. NOT.

Rinnyx Mon 31-Aug-15 12:48:39

Knits all my friends & family are back where I moved away from tho my family are no support and I get on better with DPs parents but I don't want to say anything til a scan so it's just DP and be honest he is crap at support and emotions
I'm dreading telling my mum as she will b** and then I'm sure a few in the family will get pregnant (no one can be pregnant on their own in my family, it's petty competition and never fails)

Oops my no3 was a big surprise as I was on the pill and decided no more last year as I wanted to expand my experience & knowledge in early years & primary education now 3 weeks on, 4 tests which one was done by the nurse and I still don't 100% believe it really confused

CarrotVan Mon 31-Aug-15 12:57:21

7 weeks and really hardly any symptoms. The occasional twinge in my pelvis, the occasional wave of nausea but minimal appetite, the bloating has subsided, I'm tired but not too tired...had a scan this time last week and have another on the 11th then booking in the following week and my first standard scan at 13wks

I'm stressed to the nth degree as work is hellish, I'm having to commute by car, mrVan has started his new job with two weeks away and his anxiety has flared massively (nearly ended up at A&E this weekend). I think I'm just not able to focus on the pregnancy to symptom spot.

rinnyx that sounds very tough. Hope your DH gets his act together for you

Dexlie0806 Mon 31-Aug-15 13:10:44

Rinnyx sorry to hear u aren't feeling great at the min.
I can imagine if the pregnancy wasn't planned it will prob take a little longer to get your head round it. All u have to think is baby won't be here for months and hopefully by then u will be settled into your new home. I'm sure other things will work themselves out. It def sounds like a stressful time for u at the min but u will get through it.
This is number 3 for us and even though it was planned im still thinking about financial things like 3 uniforms, 3 lots of school dinners and that is years down the line!!!!!
Hope your feeling better soon

TwllBach Mon 31-Aug-15 13:39:06

Hello everyone...I had a bit of a break due to problems with DP and am looking at probably being a single parent.

Nausea hasn't been too bad but have been having crampy feelings still. My stomach feels hard down there which I enjoy smile and my boobs have grown and are a bit sore.

I am having a scan courtesy of BPAS on Tuesday, where I will date 6 weeks 5 days, so I'm looking forward to that... the consultation was booked last week to please DP who wants a termination now, but I'm going in order to get an early scan!

Going back to work tomorrow and am nervous about how I am going to cope with the tiredness!!

Feefee45 Mon 31-Aug-15 13:45:34

Hey folks. Have been offline for a bit too.

Sorry to hear the sad news mascara, cotton and Sophia.

Rinnyx try and relax and give yourself and dh time to process this. Try to think positively and believe that everything happens for a reason and it will all be good in the end.

That's me currently 5w5d and so impatient as I haven't received my early scan date. I was feeling okay until yesterday morning when (sorry tmi) I went from really horny to bubbling to almost puking then laughing hysterically and that was within 10 minutes lol. Then later in the evening I started feeling pretty nauseous but thankfully feeling better today and dh keeps asking how I'm feeling which is nice.

I have started clearing out which 5bh is long overdue but isn't it amazing how much rubbish you keep. Just emptied two boxes of stuff that was wrapped in newspaper from 2005 and hasn't been looked at since. I only kept 3 things and the rest got binned.

Dexlie0806 Mon 31-Aug-15 15:36:20

Aw twllbach I'm so sorry to hear u r having a hard time to. I hope dp comes round and I'm sure he doesn't mean it when he says about a termination. Not a nice thing at all for u to hear though. All u can do now is look after yourself and your little baby.
Lovely that u have your scan booked to keep u going. Good luck

Feefee45 Mon 31-Aug-15 15:40:45

TwllBach sorry to hear that things aren't going so well with DP but you are doing the right thing in not going through with a termination because thats what he wants. You are brave facing up to single parenthood but I'm sure you will find lots of support from friends and family and of course also on here. star

TwllBach Mon 31-Aug-15 15:50:33

I'm hibernating from real life a little bit today, but I posted on here because MN is fabulous gringrin

I have vowed to overhaul my diet and make sure I only eat healthy things... so far I have eaten salmon on toast and a homemade chia seed pudding with raspberries and blueberries... I am making a batch of veg and sausage couscous that I can use for lunches at school and then am making a lentil and sausage stew that will hopefully do a couple of dinners. Paranoid about losing the baby...

Rinnyx Mon 31-Aug-15 16:27:03

Thanks Carrot tho to be honest her was rubbish when I had DS, left me the whole day in labour at home, even had to do school run with DD while in first stage of labour, he only just made it home that night and I had 11 mins spare at the hospital before he was born.

Sometimes I feel I'm a single parent and I was for a year.
Bloody hard but made me a much more strong and independent person, that's what made me persue my new career path, return to college and did training

Twll I hope you and DP can work things out.
When I told DP, first few days he just kept demanding an abortion but after a week we sat down, talked and he was the one who said lets do this when I was and still in part in 2 minds
BTW all that food sounds fab, feed me grin

I'm hoping once I get the first few days of work done and I finally have money again I might be less stressed.
Just gotta hope I get out of the inset training day no later than 4 (8:30 start) as I have doctors at 5 so it's gonna be a push

Want2bSupermum Mon 31-Aug-15 16:31:24

Eating lentil and veggie soups. There is a hale and hearty around the corner from my office so lots of soups to choose from. So far the veggie soups with lots of greens in them have been the easiest on my tummy.

DH has driven me bonkers this weekend. Ive been exhausted and you would think that third time around he would be used to tiredness. I will be 9 weeks on Wednesday so I have another 4 weeks or so of needing 12-14 hours of sleep a night if I am to function. I've have childcare nightmare week this week as no school, no summer camps and my babysitter cancelled on Friday. I am trying to get DD into our emergency daycare but because everyone else is in the same boat there are hardly any places available.

I signed baby #3 up for daycare this AM. I'm taking 6 months off which is great but when I go back we are going to do daycare for the DC with a housekeeper/ babysitter. I think its too much for one nanny to do and I really don't want to hire two people.

TwllBach Mon 31-Aug-15 16:35:36

Are you teaching Rinny? I've got my BPAS appointment at 4 so need to be out the door from INSET at 3 on the dot!

CarrotVan Mon 31-Aug-15 16:46:15

Sorry to hear things are so difficult twil. I don't think I've ever had chia seeds - what does it taste like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now