Talk

Advanced search

We're marvelling at bucket fanjos, peeing while we vom, trying subsistence farming and staying incontinent. Keeping our GX and firmly holding the hands of viroids having a hard time - JSing grads 36!

(1000 Posts)
pretzelpieces Tue 04-Aug-15 00:21:19

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the 36th grads thread... celebrating the success of Just Shagging in getting us viroids upduffed!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The 35th grads fred is here.

The thread we have graduated from is here in its 51st outing. WARNING: they're all a bit kerazy not to mention randy!

There is also a Just Mumming thread here for once your babies come along, or to keep up with the graduated graduates!

There is also a private facebook group (so it doesn't give the game away in your news feed!)... if you want to join to see photos of new babies etc, just ask in-thread!

Here is the stats list, please update your own spot with any updates.

honeysucklejasmine Tue 04-Aug-15 06:52:02

Yay! New thread! Thanks Pretzel!

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Tue 04-Aug-15 07:18:12

Thanks pretzel! smile
I'm so sorry to read about all the bad news events, viroids. I really hope that they are blips and that everything will be fine. flowers to both tea totally in particular.
niff we've clothbummed since birth (so for the last 16 months) and find it really easy and simple. I'm happy to pm you with details of our experience if you want. We've tried almost everything there is and have a reasonable idea of pros and cons of certain types. Let me know if you'd like some thoughts. I'm a big fan! grin Unless others are also interested and I should post on-Fred? hmm
pud scan in two weeks! I'll be 7w4d then. bites nails. Have to abstain from subsistence farming. Must. Must. Must. It's so hard right now!
looking I only really felt movements after well I'm sure it was only around week 24 or 28. Not sure now, but I was quite far along. Had an Anterior placenta and so it cushioned it in addition to my necessary stomach fat supply FWIW remember that the second trimester is statistically the safest and least likely to result in problems. The issue with monitoring movement is only quite important from around week 32 and very important from week 36 onwards. So by all means do get yourself checked out for your own peace of mind stress not helpful but I'm sure that it will be fine.

CarrotPuff Tue 04-Aug-15 07:44:39

Thanks for new Fred pretzel!

oneyorkshirepud Tue 04-Aug-15 07:48:29

2 weeks?! Oh man Auf, you have my sympathies.....

After my lovely day of shopping yesterday I am now wearing not only a bra that fits, but also pants that fit! It's a revelation! #sponsoredbym&sgrannyunderweardepartment

20 week scan today. Surprisingly calm. I think the fact that I have been lucky enough to feel a lot of movement early has helped to reassure me.

Having been thinking of the Viroids going through the mill overnight, hope you are all okay and get some answers soon.

CarrotPuff Tue 04-Aug-15 08:02:21

Oooh, gl pud!

ThursdayLast Tue 04-Aug-15 08:16:58

Thanks for the new thread pretzel

Thinking of Tea and Totally this morning thanks

Enjoy your scan later pud!

Auf you funny horny thing grin

So here I am, 8 weeks today I think, trying to get through another morning if feeling grim. Have a good day viroids.

honeysucklejasmine Tue 04-Aug-15 08:30:40

Yes Auf, post away! We are planning to cloth bum too. Cause we are tight. wink At the moment our best options seems to be totsbots.

MollyBloomYes Tue 04-Aug-15 08:34:43

auf we started cloth bumming at 7 months and use miosolo by day, two partners at night. Going to hire a newborn kit but then looking forward to trying some different brands! Did you try bumgenius? I like the look of them!

So sorry to hear you're going through a worrying time as well tea. Thinking of you flowers

Indigoblue2 Tue 04-Aug-15 08:38:23

Found you! Thanks for the new fred pretzel

Name: Indigo
DCs: currently cooking up a full termer at 38+4

honeysucklejasmine Tue 04-Aug-15 08:40:21

Oooh have a good scan Pud! Enjoy seeing Christmas Pud!

Thursday I am 11 weeks today and if anything the sickness is getting worse. Getting to the point now where I can really tolerate solids in my mouth without heaving. Poor DH hasn't had a blowie in weeks! wink

Niffertiti Tue 04-Aug-15 08:54:30

Ooh clothbummers hoorah! I'm baffled enlighten me please oh wise ones! I need a mix of easy (for dh and me ) and easy drying (for interminable monsoon season). I really fancy the bumgenius elemental and bamboozle stretchies but they are soo expensive.

Would why would you not use flips in the day? I think the nappy lady doesn't recommend them for night? She thinks two-parters better. I think she recommended them for me because they can do a big of everything but im wondering if what I actually need is a mix'n'match lot.

What would you go for for two parters? And overnight?

Niffertiti Tue 04-Aug-15 08:55:54

Sorry to those not obsessed with reusable nappies!

ThursdayLast Tue 04-Aug-15 09:04:03

Haha honey perfect excuse!

My nappy conundrum is this; DS too big. DS not interested in potty training. DS nappy leaks every. Damn. Night.
There's no solution, just thought I'd share.

Purpleball Tue 04-Aug-15 09:11:02

Morning viroids. Fanks for new Fred Pretzel smile

Hope the scan goes well Pud, are finding out the flavour?

Tea, totally and 5hell, hope you all get good news today

10 more days to work, not that I'm counting. NFMB (news from my bed) is that I maybe managed 4 hours hmm and I'm knackered for a change. I have at least washed my hair today being I got up to late to do it the last 3 days skank

Weighed myself and I've put more weight on. 3kgs now. I'm ok with that. Baby weighs nearly that much gringringrin

Purpleball Tue 04-Aug-15 09:12:01

Oh and I pissed myself while vomming when very drunk and spent the following weekend replacing the bathroom flooring
I can't vom without peeing blush

MollyBloomYes Tue 04-Aug-15 09:14:02

niff we use little lamb bamboo sized nappies with extra triple layer bamboo booster and a blueberry wrap at night. When he was still night feeding he had even more boosters and I have to fold one at the front where his willy goes-hes a heavy wetter at night! I really rate the blueberry wrap because it's double gusseted so pretty bombproof! Massive amounts of trial and error for which boosters to use and where to put them (sometimes between the wrap and nappy rather than inside the nappy itself can help). There's a group on fb called 'cloth bum mum's who are an incredibly helpful bunch!

pretzelpieces Tue 04-Aug-15 09:33:50

Ooh good luck with scan pud!

Good luck to the other viroids awaiting news. totally, tea and 5hell. thanks

jellypi3 Tue 04-Aug-15 09:38:55

tea gx for some good news x hugs to you.

honey welcome to the incontinence bench there may be a wet patch

Gl for the scan today pud smile

honeysucklejasmine Tue 04-Aug-15 09:39:32

9.00am
Doctor: is morning sickness OK? Do you need any pills for it?
Me: no, it's not too bad. I'll rude it out.

9.30am
Me: BLUEGH!

Ah, instant regret. Plus side... Did not wee.

Small victories viroids. Small victories.

gaggiagirl Tue 04-Aug-15 09:41:17

I use pampers grin

Thinking of you today tea and totally

Cant wait to see your scan pic pud enjoy it.

I'm starting mat leave the first week of September, not what I wanted but otherwise I would lose the annual leave I would accrue. So I've only got four weeks left.

batfish Tue 04-Aug-15 09:43:06

Wow I disappear for a couple of days due to dead phone and there is a new Fred already! Have only had a really quick look back through posts but keeping everything crossed for those who are going through worrying times, hang in there and hope all is OK thanks

Purpleball Tue 04-Aug-15 09:50:02

We decided against cloth bum as DH wasn't keen on having dirty nappies hanging round the house, plus extra stress of washing and drying in winter. TBH I could have gone either way on it.
We also looked at cheeky wipes but he's not keen on that idea either. It's usually him that does the washing in our house so I've gone along with it passive for a change

Purpleball Tue 04-Aug-15 09:51:02

Hurray for not weeing Honey grin

Did I mention 2 more weeks at work?

ChatEnOeuf Tue 04-Aug-15 09:58:18

Thinking of you tea and totally thanks

This thread is not accepting new messages.