Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TTC and still breastfeeding? Graduate Thread #1

(164 Posts)
peardrop2 Tue 28-Jul-15 14:05:06

A home for all you bfp ladies to share your happy, uncomfortable and worried moments in your next pregnancy but most importantly start dreaming about your next bf journey wink Can't wait to join you soon xx

AvaAmulet Tue 28-Jul-15 15:07:56

Found out last night that I am pg with #2 whilst still breastfeeding my 27 month old DD smile

We were taking a break from charting bbt and opks last cycle, ironically, so I really don't know when I conceived. In previous months I would have known exactly when ov occurred. My EDD is 2nd April 2016, going by my LMP, which is all I can really go on until an ultrasound tells me otherwise x

Duchess007 Wed 29-Jul-15 00:06:49

Ava!!! Congratulations! That's such fantastic news grin How are you? You must be so excited.

Can I join in on this thread even though I'm no longer bf? I really miss all the lovely people on the TTC thread.

Pear, thanks for starting the thread. I often think about how you're getting on and I'm sure you will get your BFP soon. You def get major karma points for starting this thread, and that has to count for something right?!

If you guys are ok to have me here, I'm Duchess007, 30yrs old, 20 weeks pregnant with DC No.2. BF DD until she was 17 months when she self weaned (most likely due to pregnancy hormones changing the taste of my milk according to my midwife). Have my 20 week scan next week smile

Mumof1sofar Wed 29-Jul-15 07:32:45

Congrats Ava smile

Thanks Pear for starting this thread - great idea smile

Mumof1sofar Wed 29-Jul-15 07:34:04

Stats:

Mumof1sofar, 32, 10+3 pg with dc2, edd 21/02/16

Mumof1sofar Wed 29-Jul-15 07:34:37

Weaned dd1 when I was about 6 weeks pg

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Wed 29-Jul-15 13:23:11

Thanks pear
I'm not BF-ing either anymore now but thought I'd pop in every now and again to see what all the familiar names are up to. It's been such a long, tense and complex road to here.
DC 16 months, weaned completely at around 12 months and much earlier than I had wanted to try to get things settled, but without any success. Progesterone pessaries sorted things first month on them and my EDD is 1 April. smile So pleased and so very, very worried thing will go wrong

Aufwiedersehenpetrarch Wed 29-Jul-15 13:25:49

Oh had been TTC for 10 months but AF only came back 6 months ago when I night weaned (again, because I needed AF to come back asap). Had been actively tracking for 8 cycles since then until BFP in July.

Mumof1sofar Wed 29-Jul-15 13:54:05

Congrats Auf. Wishing you an easy & uneventful pregnancy smile

AvaAmulet Thu 30-Jul-15 06:38:43

Hi Duchess! Great to hear from you! 20 week scan! How exciting!!! grin How are you feeling?

DD is still feeding quite a bit but my ideal weaning scenario should be for her to self-wean soon due to changes in milk too wink

I'm still in a state of total shock and amazement - I've felt more pregnant in previous cycles that ended in bfn's than I do right now, lol! I remember going to see my GP at 5 weeks when I was pg with DD and mentioned that I was concerned about lack of symptoms (apart from achey boobs) - little did I know that I'd soon get hypermesis pretty bad which lasted until labour!

Already told the closest people to me in RL just in case anything goes wrong/I get hypermesis again and I need support/help with DD. Still feels surreal though, especially considering we weren't actually technically trying that cycle confused grin x

waxweasel Thu 30-Jul-15 08:34:40

Hello everyone! Stats: 29, have DD 25 months, weaned her gradually over the last couple of months so think we're just about there now smile got my BFP on Monday, due 9 April.

eggsnbeans Thu 30-Jul-15 09:04:11

Hi ladies, was really hoping to see Pear in here, but congrats to everyone else! I'm now 14w already, stopped bf at 9w though as just no milk there! Has been a stressful pg with one thing and another, nt result not great (1:1000 so not high risk, but nt was quite high) and already mW is convinced I'm going to get gestational diabetes! Grrrr! Hope things are a bit smoother for everyone else ;)

Duchess007 Thu 30-Jul-15 11:45:34

Hi everyone! So lovely to see familiar names smile

I'm doing well thanks Ava. Had horrendous morning sickness for about 8 weeks and was convinced I was having twins as I quickly became as big as a house, but am actually feeling pretty good now and am very excited about the scan. I've had two scans already (one at 9 weeks, one at 12 weeks), as I ovulated really late in my cycle, so they changed my due date once they did the first scan and put me three weeks back. I had an idea this would be the case so luckily I wasn't surprised or disappointed!

I also told close family early on as I knew I would need help with DD during the worst of the sickness. I found it really helpful, I don't know how I would have coped without the extra help! Now I'm feeling a lot better it's been a bit easier with DD, but I am just exhausted all the time. DD does not nap at all so the day is really full on! She's like a little tornado racing through the house!

My major project for the next few weeks is to get DD's new room decorated, as I would like to have her moved out of the nursery and settled before DC2 arrives, as I don't want her to associate any change in routine etc with the new arrival. Plus, if the new room creates any kind of sleep regression, I really don't want to be dealing with that on top of a newborn! wink

AvaAmulet Thu 30-Jul-15 14:37:29

Sorry to hear about your stress, Eggs flowers

Duchess, that's a really good idea about starting the bedroom early. I'm a planner too wink Since getting our bfp we've talked about decorating DDs new room after Christmas to make room in the nursery for DC #2's things. We've picked out DD's new furniture and she's very particular about the colour scheme lol smile The first thing she mentioned yesterday morning when she woke up was her new curtains so I think she'll be okay about it wink She's got it pretty good - as we still co-sleep and I've no intention of ousting her from my bed, she'll have a choice of 3 bedrooms in total, what with her cotbed in the nursery and her big girl bed/room grin

And I hear ya about the tiredness, I am not looking forward to that, it's bad enough now. I have no idea where DD gets her energy from! She is like a tiny whirlwind! shock

It won't feel real for me until I start getting 'symptoms' and have a scan, but I just keep reminding myself of how strong the bfp was and how quickly it appeared x

Mumof1sofar Thu 30-Jul-15 18:59:33

Sorry to hear that eggs. I hope all goes a bit more smoothly now you're in the 2nd tri. I can't keep up with the Feb group but the Feb fb group is nice if you fancy joining?

I had my booking in appt at 9 weeks now I'm nearly 11 & still haven't got a scan date!

AvaAmulet Thu 30-Jul-15 19:16:03

That sucks Mumo, hope it comes through soon x

My digis arrived today so I poas as soon as I arrived home from work. Instead of the 2-3 weeks I was expecting to see (as we only dtd on 8th July and I predicted I'd ov on 13th/14th going by previous cycles) the digi showed 3+ weeks (5-6 weeks pg)! Going by my LMP I wouldn't be 5 weeks until Saturday. I know it's only the difference of a matter of a few days but I'm totally shocked that it looks like I ov'd early and we unknowingly timed dtd perfectly! Either that, or, do higher than expected levels of hcg indicate twins??? We are still feeding a lot so I have a higher chance shock

Duchess007 Fri 31-Jul-15 12:31:39

Sorry you've been having a stressful time Eggs. I really hope things go smoothly for the rest of your pregnancy. It's all such a worrying time isn't it. Wishing you all the best thanks

Ava, that is so crazy that you may have inadvertently DTD at just the right time when you weren't charting etc this cycle! Amazing, and definitely meant to be! Didn't you have a dream about twins in the back of the car?!

Am hoping to make a real start on DD's new room this weekend, while DH is around to move things about for me wink With no maternity pay this time round I'm going to have to get pretty creative in terms of decoration. I saw a great idea about painting £4 Ikea spice racks and using them as books shelves, with the book covers facing out so they also act as pictures for the wall. May give that a go as I want DD to have a little reading nook (I would have loved one when I was a child, so I may be living vicariously through DD! wink )

AvaAmulet Fri 31-Jul-15 15:01:21

Haha, well remembered Duchess! DH had that dream not long after we get together of a girl of around 3 and twin baby girls in the back of the car...hmm, we'll see...

I am wondering why I don't yet 'feel' pregnant with such high levels of hcg though confused

Great idea about the spice rack/wall art! I think your DD will love it! Pretty much anything I love/get excited about DD feels the same way about it too. I adore the Wendy house we recently did for her boy am I glad that's finished and DD feels the same way. I'm just disappointed I don't fit inside as well as DD does hmm grin

I'll be on half the maternity pay I was on when I was pg with DD, as I went back to work part-time, so we'll have to be creative with our spending too! I won't be able to be off as long I was with DD, for financial reasons, but I don't envisage having a fraction of the outgoings I had the first time around, as, apart from redecorating DDs big room, we pretty much everything we need. And I won't be moving house on mat leave this time around or ever again wink

Duchess007 Fri 31-Jul-15 17:07:47

I know it's easier said than done Ava, but try not to worry. I didn't have any symptoms at all, it wasn't even uncomfortable when bf or anything, for the first five or six weeks. I was really concerned that I didn't feel pregnant as I just felt like I should feel different. Then the sickness hit and I couldn't believe I had spent time worrying when I should have been making the most of still feeling human! It's so hard though not to worry. You forget as well how reassuring it is once you can feel the baby moving/kicking, and how long the wait for scans feel when you don't have that daily reassurance. Sending you lots of positivity! Have you organised your booking in appointment? The midwife may be able to answer your twins question wink

MayFlowers16 Fri 31-Jul-15 20:53:53

Hi, can I join you too? I was previously on 'the ttc while bf' thread (under the nickname MarysPrayer)

It's great to see so many familiar names smile Congratulations!

I had my 1st scan this week: edd 27th Jan, currently 14 weeks.
I have one dd who is 2.8. We had cut down her feeds from 3 or 4 to 1 after I had an early mc in March. She then weaned completely shortly after my bfp in May. It all went very smoothly, without any tears.

I'm just hoping that I can breastfeed successfully again this time around as I know very little about ff and would like the weight to fall off again with minimal effort. Oh, and of the course the healthy benefits to baby!

Mumof1sofar Fri 31-Jul-15 22:30:25

Congratulations on the scan May & welcome to this group smile So nice to see so many lovely familiar faces.

I've finally got a scan date - 17th August when I'll be 13+1 smile

AvaAmulet Fri 31-Jul-15 23:00:43

Thanks Duchess smile I think I'll phone next week to make an appointment, didn't want to get ahead of myself as it still doesn't feel like it's actually happening hmm silly, I know x

I'm feeling a but sick tonight but suspect that's more to do with all the chocolate I consumed (early anniversary presents from our friends who visited) rather than pregnancy related though x

Hi May/Mary smile yes, the weight loss is a big plus! grin

Glad to hear you finally have a scan date, Mumo - so exciting! smile x

hideandsqueak Fri 31-Jul-15 23:10:31

Hello! I recognize quite a few names on here, so nice to see the good news... I'm currently 29 weeks with DC2 still feeding my DS1 just at bedtime and on the odd occasion he wakes in the night. My milk went awol in the middle but has been back for the last few weeks much to my sons delight!

Trinpy Fri 31-Jul-15 23:23:32

oh hello, I didn't realise this was here. can I join? Thank you to pear for starting the thread, I hope to see you on here soon smile.

I'm 6+1 with dc2. Edd is 24th March. I stopped Bfing dc1 at 14.5 months.

MayFlowers16 Sat 01-Aug-15 11:36:57

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hide that's impressive, to be still feeding so far along. Do you plan to tandem feed?

Glad you have a scan date Mumo the wait feels like forever doesn't it?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now