Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second or subsequent babies due Jan/Feb/March 2016

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Raeside Fri 17-Jul-15 17:30:45

Hiya - just thought an alternative place for those of us on our 2nd or more pregnancies might be a good idea. I just found out and already it's very different than the first time!

I'm on #2, EDD 25/3/16, one DS 2yrs and 2 months.

Fugghetaboutit Fri 17-Jul-15 18:07:14

Hi, I'm due my second on 3rd January smile

I have a 2.5 yr old son who is very hyper so it's been really tough so far!! He starts preschool in august (yippee!)

Raeside Fri 17-Jul-15 18:45:12

Oh yes can't wait for nursery here! So ready for it....

Congrats on your upduffness! Are you through the worst of the early part now?

SunnyL Fri 17-Jul-15 18:58:40

Found you! This is #2 with EDD of 30th March.

DD is 2 and thankfully is already at nursery 2.5 days a week and my mum's 0.5 days a week which preserves my sanity.

Raeside Fri 17-Jul-15 19:10:21

Hi Sunny. Ready for round 2?! J goes to a childminder once weekly but when nursery starts its only 9-12, four mornings a week. Bit annoying. Hopefully his childminder can fill some gaps. I may be working away 2-3 days/week. Not looking forward to morning sickness + Premier Inn 'luxury'....

Polyethyl Fri 17-Jul-15 19:23:42

Due my 2nd on 18th Feb. I'm a pre eclampsia risk so I had my booking in appointment with the midwife yesterday. She asked me to attend the blood pressure clinic. There the doctor said that I need to see the consultant next week. So I suppose I should be glad that I'm receiving such care and attention.

Raeside Fri 17-Jul-15 19:40:26

Hi Polyethel - yes I think the NHS is at its best when you need extra looking after - take full advantage!

Raeside Sat 18-Jul-15 16:09:42

Bump

mayaknew Sat 18-Jul-15 16:23:05

Hi !! Can I join ? smile

I'm Pg with #3 edd 29/1/16
I have dd(10) and ds(2.8) .

I am consultant led so far as ds was 9lbs14oz so they are concerned this one will be over 10lbs . I have never been consultant led before I'm finding it a bit strange getting lots of letters in for appointment !

How is everyone keeping ? I've had the most horrendous sickness/tiredness sad

ThursdayLast Sat 18-Jul-15 17:50:59

Oh hello, I think this might be more like me smile can I join?

I'm 5+4 with an unofficial EDD of approx 16/03/16 with DC2.
DS is 2.3.

0 nursery hours yet <wail> but DH works from home so I get plenty if support.

Expecting a low risk pregnancy (fingers crossed) - but afeared of labour so hoping to have an ELCS.

Mostly feeling tired and nauseous. Eating helps. Toast and crisps grin

KipT77 Sat 18-Jul-15 18:03:14

Hello! I'm due 21/01/2017 with DC 2. DS is 1 and at the childminder whilst I work part time week - saving like mad so that can continue in mat leave.

Hope you are all doing well! I'm finding it a bit harder this time round but I think I'm just older wink

KipT77 Sat 18-Jul-15 18:04:04

That's 2016 not 2017.

Fugghetaboutit Sat 18-Jul-15 18:05:17

Definitely over the worst now, just the birth to get through hahaha! Always feel worried about talking about that on the other antenatal groups!

I'm much tireder this time as I don't get any rest all day looking after ds, who is a ball of energy as soon as he wakes up until he collapses at night!

ThursdayLast Sat 18-Jul-15 18:09:07

Yes that's it Fugg - while I admire their optimism I feel like a big black cloud of 'it's-really-fucking-horrible-sometimes-you-know' sitting in the corner of the thread!

But that's my issue not theirs. And also, I'm pretty certain I just didn't listen to anything I didn't want to hear last time too!

grin at Kips super long gestation!

Raeside Sat 18-Jul-15 18:52:39

Hullo - glad to have a few of you along! I couldn't take the general groups and I think things change a bit once you've been through it once!

Having said that I'm v v early days and remembering all the argh! of the first 12 weeks, inudung all the weeing and knicker checking. Not so fun. I am thinking bout having a viability scan at 7 or 8 weeks - has anyone else?

Thursday - I had an ELCS with DS1 and have not got a bad word to say about it - was great!

I'm noticing burps and tiredness but I think it's too early for the properly horrid stuff to kick in yet.

Glad to have you along!

Fugghetaboutit Sat 18-Jul-15 19:37:05

Jealous of your c sec, I'm worried for my fanny going through that again sad

I tore badly as my son came out with his hand on his head. I really hope I don't tear again! It's still sore sometimes 2.5 years on!

Thurs yes exactly! Although some ppl had great first births cows grin

Fugghetaboutit Sat 18-Jul-15 19:37:55

I had a scan at 7 weeks as I had a bleed, was nice to know everything was ok! Such a long wait until first scan on NHS.

Fugghetaboutit Sat 18-Jul-15 19:38:44

Oh and my nausea wasn't as bad this time and stopped at 8 weeks so I was lucky

mayaknew Sat 18-Jul-15 19:41:18

Who's all had scans ? Or got scan dates ? Mines is on Friday at 13 weeks. For some reason my health board have changed the rules from 12 weeks to 13 weeks for dating scan . I'm so excited I can't wait to tell everyone but been waiting til had my scan !

hufflebottom Sat 18-Jul-15 19:49:02

I'm due number 2-19/02/16- hopefully.(was bleeding this morning which has stopped, waiting for a scan on Monday hmm feeling fragile today )

Timed a bit badly as so close to dds birthday. Whoops. Hope she'll forgive me. Maybe early birthday present?

rdr15 Sat 18-Jul-15 19:55:48

Hi I'm due roughly 24/02/16 got my first scan 11/08. Have a DD who is 13 months so will have 2 under 2! Have been struggling to come to terms with this pregnancy as it wasn't planned and im worrying about lots of things plus have awful nausea and dizziness boo hiss

mayaknew Sat 18-Jul-15 20:24:16

Oh huffle hope everything goes well for you . Take it easy over the weekend .

hufflebottom Sat 18-Jul-15 20:34:21

Been told under no uncertain terms by OH I'm not to move.....kind of a shock really don't recall the last time I was waited on hand and foot. smile

rdr15 Sat 18-Jul-15 20:40:01

That's fab huffle that your OH is being supportive and looking after you hope it continues!

Raeside Sat 18-Jul-15 21:17:24

Oh good luck Huffle!

This thread is not accepting new messages.