Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

February 2016 Babies - The time for scans is fast approaching!

(996 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

jellypi3 Sat 11-Jul-15 09:41:57

Stats here smile docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dWmvdD9SkvPQqKn7rpFHazgufmda2FOTMtL093cZFj8/htmlview

haquoi123 Sat 11-Jul-15 09:58:02

Thanks jelly! Marking my place

AbFab86 Sat 11-Jul-15 10:13:19

Thanks jelly! Finally added myself to the stats smile

RattyCatty Sat 11-Jul-15 10:17:49

Good new name smile

cremedecacao Sat 11-Jul-15 10:36:58

Thanks smile

I am twiddling my thumbs waiting for my scan today.

cremedecacao Sat 11-Jul-15 10:39:20

Oh, just seen I am not on the stats! How do I add myself!?

Phoenix80 Sat 11-Jul-15 11:00:23

Thanks for new thread smile

Purdiepipesdown Sat 11-Jul-15 11:02:15

Clumsy, no-one can force you to have a hospital birth. Last year I had forceps and a retained placenta and I was told at the booking-in appointment yesterday that I wouldn't be able to have a home birth but I told her that is exactly what I'll be doing. Being in hospital after a birth is shit. Loneliest time of my life.

BadgieBear Sat 11-Jul-15 11:55:10

Whoop new thread and no mention of the 'ch' word - excellent work jelly!! smile

NoMontagues Sat 11-Jul-15 12:27:02

Agree purdie although I'm going to want an epidural if this one is back to back too so I'm having a hospital birth but I'm leaving asap. The Community Midwives here have an early transfer home scheme which is fab.

With DS I had him at 7pm, sat on the bed feeding him though the night and then DH came to collect me at 7am. I had to hang around for anti-D for a couple of hours then I legged it. If this baby arrives during daytime (and all is well of course) I'll be leaving as soon as I can walk.

The midwives (3 of them in rotation) come to the house then for 5 days.

Marsaday Sat 11-Jul-15 13:36:45

Woohoo, new thread!
Right ladies, i need some advice.
I am off on a school trip abroad tomorrow. I have just read the reviews of the restaurants we'll be eating at. All of them have awful reviews, a majority of "poor" on trip advisor. Multiple mentions are made of food poisoning, raw chicken, food that is clearly not fresh, meat of very dubious origins, coakroaches, dirty kitchens and insects in the food. These places have been booked by the school tour company so we cannot change them. We will be served fixed menus, so no choice of food. I don't want to eat anything that might make my nauseau worse or put my baby at risk, so i will just leave anything that looks dodgy.

Question is, what can i pack in my suitcase to munch on in the evening if i am hungry after a lack of dinner? It must be as healthy as possible, but not need a fridge, and in a sealed packet to be totally ant proof. ( it seems from hotel reviews that hotel has an ant problem...). Oh, and ideally something that will not make worse the wind and constipation issues.
Ideas gratefully received please ladies.

StockingFullOfCoal Sat 11-Jul-15 13:45:43

The hospital I'm at for scans, Consultant appointments etc is 30 mins away in a car, in rush hour its more like 50 mins. I'm planning a home birth. I don't want to be away from my older DDs and I love the idea of getting in my own bed immediately. Obviously should I go into the High Risk category I will have a hospital birth.

jellypi3 Sat 11-Jul-15 13:52:41

mars how about dried fruit?

rallytog1 Sat 11-Jul-15 14:05:39

Sounds like a lovely trip Mars hmm

Maybe things like oat/muesli bars, mini cheddars, dried fruit, porridge pots if you'll have access to a kettle, maybe even pot noodles? (not that healthy but they'll fill you up)

Zookeeper73 Sat 11-Jul-15 14:06:04

Muesli bars?

Marsaday Sat 11-Jul-15 14:39:08

Thanks, those are good ideas, keep them coming.
rally now i have read the reviews i am regretting agreeing to go. The hotel sounds awful, tiny rooms, no air con and no fan (its 35 degrees in Barcelona...) and some are internal rooms with no window!!! Bed bugs, rude staff, noise until 3.30am from bars/clubs underneath and next to hotel.

Sadly there will be no kettle. The room has a bed and a wardrobe, that is it! Its about as basic as it comes.

primarynoodle Sat 11-Jul-15 15:03:05

cereal bars, dried fruit, nuts, crackers, crisps, ryvita & pesto(?), aldi do these crackbread things that are nice... cant think of anything overly healthy that would last and not go mouldy sorry!

Littleoakhorn Sat 11-Jul-15 16:02:34

Mars you could buy fruit locally to add to the cereal bars etc. It'd be lovely and tasty.

Rufus200 Sat 11-Jul-15 16:15:36

Mars you can buy little travel kettles online for less then £10. Obviously would need bottled water and not use the bathroom tap. I took one when I went away earlier in the year and knew I wasn't going to get anything to eat. I took a kettle, plastic mug, spork, mug shots (like cup a soup but pasta) and digestive biscuits.

clumsypots Sat 11-Jul-15 16:19:47

purdie I hate hospitals and my home birth last time was amazing, I would recommend it to anyone. I think because I am classed as high risk they don't want me to have another home birth and I suppose I have to be sensible and do what is safest for me and the baby.

mars that sounds awful!

Marsaday Sat 11-Jul-15 16:25:16

littleoak i thought of that but fruit will not help the ant problem!

rufus that's a good plan but i leave tomorrow so no way i can get a kettle before then. I also know from the hotel review that the only socket in the rooms is the one the tv plugs into, which is 6ft up on the wall. I think other british guests were disgruntled that they could not plug in their travel kettles to make tea. grin

Tiredoftiredness Sat 11-Jul-15 16:54:18

Blimey Mars good luck with the trip! No advice on food I afraid (strictly cake based diet here atm) but would def recommend taking a fan of some sort with you - my old fashioned hand held one was a life saver when we went away a few weeks ago, I'm really struggling in the heat atm.

"Enjoy" your trip xx

primarynoodle Sat 11-Jul-15 16:59:28

good luck mars! Hopefully the nausea will pass miraculously by tomorrow morn confused

IslaMann Sat 11-Jul-15 17:26:06

Ooh lovely, a shiny new thread. To those who are saying they wont have a downs test as it wont change anything, well no, but myself and DH are firm believers in knowledge is power, and if our results are worrying, at least we can prepare ourselves and the other DC's. I tend to worry more about the unknown. My late DBro was physically handicapped, so I am very aware of the challenges that a disability brings to the whole family.

On another lighter note, DS (18.5) came home from his first lads holiday in Tenerife last night, without a tattoo and with all his hair, so I can relax now!

Purdiepipesdown Sat 11-Jul-15 19:25:14

Clumsy, can you remind me why you're classed as high risk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now