Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jan 2016 #5 - Scanxiety, sickness and sweet relief as we approach the second trimester!

(985 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TeenieDeenie Thu 25-Jun-15 20:41:17

STATS**

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12-46WHExOXbKsKon2nKyEth9RRyKw9paIw4V4SGTFE8/edit?usp=sharing

MissMartin10 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:50:27

Yay! Thanks Teenie star

Lookingforadvice123 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:54:37

Thanks teenie! How do I update my stats? Due date is now 2nd Jan!

TeenieDeenie Thu 25-Jun-15 20:55:22

Ah phew worked! smile I very quickly put the new pink/blue/yellow column in but will need to properly go through the last pages of the last thread tomorrow to update. At least the stats are easier to find now!

TeenieDeenie Thu 25-Jun-15 20:56:55

No probs looking I'll be updating tomorrow. Will also check if there's a setting that means the stats sheet can be edited by anyone.

babybabynamechange Thu 25-Jun-15 21:11:57

I was "Team Yellow" for my first but since then I've found out I'm a carrier for a genetic condition that only affects boys (girls are carriers) and so want to find out the sex partly just so we "know" and partly because there is currently a treatment being trialled in newborns so we would need to get baby enrolled ASAP (has to be before two weeks old). Anyway that was all planned, our genetiscist had offered me a blood test at 9 weeks that would determine the sex. However it's not accurate for twins! So instead I've been offered a 16 week sexing scan. Sigh. It would have been lovely to know earlier but obviously not to be.

crumble74 Thu 25-Jun-15 21:33:09

Thanks for new thread & stats teenie!

lilyb84 Thu 25-Jun-15 21:34:13

Thanks teenie!

Blackandwhitecat3 Thu 25-Jun-15 21:44:22

Good work teenie thanks!

Crumble that is hilarious!

Oyster we're the same way round as you in team yellow, though the more I think about it, the more yellow I get.

Lilduck I'm normally such a healthy eater. I wonder why I don't have scurvy after my total non veg diet these last weeks. Thanks to the tomato, I have actually consumed some vitamins, but that's about as far as my veg intake has stretched. Some fruit too, but not enough. MW said not to worry about it in the 1st trimester, when it's all about carbs carbs carbs to ward of sickness.

I've had so much energy today, walked instead of taking the bus....twice!

mrschatty Thu 25-Jun-15 21:51:12

teenie thanks lovely xx

SleepyDragon Thu 25-Jun-15 21:54:46

Thanks Teenie!

I ate a Flake cornetto type thing about an hour ago and I've never felt so sick since..... ��

SleepyDragon Thu 25-Jun-15 21:55:26

That reads wrong doesn't it..... I've felt incredibly sick ever since

MissMartin10 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:06:33

Is anyone else considering a homebirth!? I really i am dp not so convinced. I just feel it will be less stressful and the hospital is only 15mins away tops if any intervention is needed. & dont think ill be high risk.

Oysterbabe Thu 25-Jun-15 22:13:43

Hell no. smile

Yokyil Thu 25-Jun-15 22:14:36

Marking my spot ladies - just caught up again!! My food intake has been carb and sugar overload! Had Chinese for tea this eve...so bad but oh so good!
Will be 13 weeks tomorrow, sickness was back with a vengeance on Monday but has lessened since, and have just felt a bit icky since. Sickness comes and goes all day!!
Thanks for the stats Teenie smile my 12 week scan was the 11th June and my 20 week scan gonna be the 17th August! Deffo team yellow grin

impatientlywaiting Thu 25-Jun-15 22:17:22

Thanks for the new thread.

Blackandwhitecat3 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:35:08

Wow, dep head just rang me up 10pm to apologise for yesterday's interview cock up.

I'm gonna keep these new balls grin

Blackandwhitecat3 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:37:51

MissMartin I live 6 mins away from the hosp but I'm afraid I'm a total wuss when it comes to cervical pain, I want to be where all the pain relief is!

Sleepy that's just not fair. I think when you're through ms, you should have an extra flake cornetto so you can enjoy it properly smile. Hope you feel better soon.

fishermanswife1 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:43:44

Thanks again teenie!

Ah lilduck I'm a bridesmaid on the 18th too! Luckily I'll be just over 14 weeks then, so can explain my podge in the sleek dress! Also very happy that it's floor length so I can wear flat shoes.

That made me laugh crumble! I keep replacing words. E.g. told DH earlier the cat was on the garage - we don't have a garage.

If anyone is in need of a giggle, I'm working away this weekend on an island and planned to do some snorkelling with the group I'm training. DH and I just tried to shoe horn me into my wetsuit.... Good lord, that packet of fig rolls was a step too far not to mention the rest. We had a right giggle, me stood like a scarecrow in the kitchen while he tried to peel it over my expanding limbs--, belly, bum, thighs--

fishermanswife1 Thu 25-Jun-15 22:46:43

Oh cross posted. Well done black. You keep hold of those balls!

impatientlywaiting Thu 25-Jun-15 22:49:21

Ah I just heart the baby's heartbeat on my doppler. I dug it out maybe 5 days ago and tried for 20 minutes but couldn't hear anything. Tried again now, and heard the heartbeat within 30 seconds! Was going really fast, 184 BPM and it sounded nice and loud. Wasn't really expecting to find it so early so it's a lovely surprise. I'm 11+4 today.

Ah I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

loveulotslikejellytots Thu 25-Jun-15 23:27:11

That's so nice impatiently. We heard ours today at the scan. We've spent all night visiting various family to tell them which has been lovely!

I think I need to tell my boss tomorrow, now I've had the scan. She is lovely and I just hope that her knowing as early as possible will mean better planning for my maternity cover (selfish really!).

Bluenewbie Fri 26-Jun-15 00:24:13

Thanks Teene !

my spot, otherwise you will forget about me ;)

That's such great thing impatientlywaiting! How nice smile congrats on hearing the HB.
Can you buy doppler? How early can you hear the HB? That would put my worries away.

Bluenewbie Fri 26-Jun-15 00:25:39

Marking my spot I meant ;)

coffeenut Fri 26-Jun-15 05:32:47

Congrats on the great scan news loveulots minitickle and looking. Did Joey say how she went, I didn't see?

I've just had my 12 week scan, all looking good, bub waved to us and was kicking about. I feel like I can relax slightly now and we can start to tell people. The DDs LOVED the scan, were fixated by the whole thing. The sonographer still had the pics of DD2 stored from her 12 week scan and showed her, which was quite sweet. Two very different looking babies! I'm measuring 12 + 6 (am 12+2 based on LMP), but the sonographer said leave dates as is, they come when they come. Could be early Jan though. I'd really like baby to come in January rather than December, so he can be oldest in the class and not the youngest!

There's a couple of faces missing lately .. hope gouda, cubano etc are okay.

<gets pom poms out for arse-kicking b&w>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now