Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Losing weight!! Help!!

(3 Posts)
Laurenbeth94 Mon 22-Jun-15 22:02:52

Hi all, I'm 16 weeks pregnant and in total I have lost 5 pounds now I haven't been sick very often just feeling nauseous but that has passed now as in 2nd trimester! I am with my local slimming world group and I have followed all the pregnancy steps that I should be taking to try and maintain weight which is what I wanted to try and do but the weight just seems to be coming off! Any advice on how this could be the case! Thanks.

Cheshirehello79 Mon 22-Jun-15 23:31:41

I would definetly seek dietician advise and not slimming world as from your second trimester you need to be eating an extra 200 calories and weight gain of at least 2lb per month if eating healthy. Weight guidance should be in your maternity notes booklet in the end I wouldn't be worried but you should speak to your midwife I think .

Laurenbeth94 Wed 24-Jun-15 21:48:39

Thanks have the midwife in 2 weeks so hopefully discuss it then with themsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now