Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2016 #4 - heading for the end of the 1st trimester with dating scans and wacky dreams

(989 Posts)
OTheHugeManatee Sat 13-Jun-15 21:03:27

New thread! Previous one here.

FizzyPinkWine Sat 13-Jun-15 21:07:01

Thanks for the new thread, OTHM!

OTheHugeManatee Sat 13-Jun-15 21:08:06

<measures for curtains>

brickiemum2 Sat 13-Jun-15 21:13:08

Can we have have an ice cream parlour (b&j or Haagen dazs?) and a frankfurter cafe please othm ? <hopeful>

mrschatty Sat 13-Jun-15 21:17:41

Thanks OTHM Love the name smile

OTheHugeManatee Sat 13-Jun-15 21:20:23

I've gone off frankfurters again so someone else will have to set that up grin

Could definitely use some ice cream though, excellent idea <inspects freezer>

BeeMyBaby Sat 13-Jun-15 21:20:37

Thanks manatee

OTheHugeManatee Sat 13-Jun-15 21:26:45

Is it wet and miserable where everyone else is too? We've ended up lighting a fire, it's so dank and rainy here. In June! hmm

mrschatty Sat 13-Jun-15 21:32:34

Yup miserable here too sad

Oysterbabe Sat 13-Jun-15 21:44:13

We ordered dominos on the grounds that dh is recovering from surgery and I'm pregnant, we couldn't possibly cook. grin
DH wants to start taking a weekly picture of my belly starting tomorrow. It will be massive and bloated from the dominos.

moonshine25 Sat 13-Jun-15 21:45:47

Oh you ladies must be psychic! I just fancied some ice cream and was so pleased to find some mint choc chip in the freezer smile yummy! I did manage peas with tea so justified the ice cream haha.

crumble74 Sat 13-Jun-15 21:47:03

Thanks for the new thread manatee! How dare you go off frankfurters....oh well, more for me (and brickie)

Very wet here although I love the smell after it rains...lovely lush & green!

brickiemum2 Sat 13-Jun-15 22:02:11

We also had a dominos tonight, just could not manage cooking.

Lilliana Sat 13-Jun-15 22:06:03

Wet here but def no frankfurters. Magnum ice creams however are being consumed at an embarrassing rate (I blame DH)

Wynsey Sat 13-Jun-15 23:01:56

Hi Everyone
We are up north Camping just now - so not an easy thing to do whilst pregnant! So.....tiring & cold!! Although still having fun sitting round the camp fire with my Alcohol Free Kopparberg grin
Still not sickness - just the sore boobs. The weeks are flying in!! Still trying to keep as positive as possible. Xx

mrschatty Sat 13-Jun-15 23:06:54

wynsey I also feel they are going quick! And oyster I've been doing pics on my app and looking at it I can see buba growing! I'm signing off for tonight ladiessmile

Blackandwhitecat3 Sat 13-Jun-15 23:10:29

Keen to do the photos, don't have the energy! Thanks for the new thread manatee

Chip86 Sun 14-Jun-15 00:48:27

Thank you for the new thread and ummm yum yum ice cream

coffeenut Sun 14-Jun-15 01:10:40

Thanks for the new thread manatee

amy I don't get much morning sickness (I dont think I've ever vomited in pregnancy) or anything really (apart from fatigue and bad skin, bit bigger boobs but still fitting old bras). I have two healthy DC. I think that the whole bit about sickness = healthier baby, is just to reassure women (who are v unwell) that their babies are growing healthily?

Have had loads of cramps and twinges yest and overnight. Not sure what that's about. Hopefully just means baby is having a growth spurt confused. 10 + 4 today.

My 2 yr old is also driving me crazy (sorry I forget who mentioned it). So demanding and constantly needing to be picked up (and she's a big 2 yr old). She should have just turned three by the time DC3 is born thank goodness. Have to somehow manage potty training in the next 6 months tho. Urgh.

Weighed myself and I'm down 2 kilos from the weight taken by my doc 2.5 weeks ago. Clearly was bloated by late afternoon when original weight was taken. Still a bit more than I'd like!

AlohaMama Sun 14-Jun-15 06:42:37

Morning all just marking place. Thanks for new thread manatee.

MiniTickle Sun 14-Jun-15 07:00:41

Thanks manatee.

mrsfazruns Sun 14-Jun-15 07:05:17

Thanks for new thread manatee

I don't know how all you guys do it with other DC's .... I literally slept on and off all day yesterday!! Feeling so much worse last few days .. Hormones going mad too!!

frozenfairy123 Sun 14-Jun-15 07:47:48

Coffeenut - we need to do potty training too! Wanted to start it already but been too ill. Feels weird that a bunch of strangers know I'm pregnant but not my best friends. My scan is only a week and a half away so not long now!
Who was it that said sausage rolls were good? I want to thank u for the idea, even tho mine a Vege ones it's really helped. X

Lookingforadvice123 Sun 14-Jun-15 08:14:44

Hi all! Thanks for the new thread manatee.

my first opportunity for a lie in this morning and I've been knackered all week...and I wake up naturally just before 8am! Going to try desperately to go back to sleep. Nausea came back last night and this morning but at least it's not 24/7 anymore.

12 week scan is in 11 days, on official countdown now! Who's scan is first?

Glad the time is going quick for some of you ladies, from 4-8 weeks went so slow for me, but since having my first scan at 8+3 I have to admit it's going quicker!

kep1979 Sun 14-Jun-15 08:30:37

Thanks for the new thread, just marking place as on VERY slow middle of nowhere wifi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now