Talk

Advanced search

November 2015 Thread - Teams Yellow, Pink and Blue selection has started!

(995 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

tootsroots Wed 10-Jun-15 22:09:40

For all those lovely bumps incubating until last few days of Oct and all November, spilling possibly over to December for the super comfortable babies- come and chat, rant, vent, chant, glow, sweat, watch nails grow whilst doing antenatal pilates/yoga/sleeping/eating/navel gazing and over analyse to your hormones content!

Optional - FB group is up and bumping, PM me with email to be added.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 10-Jun-15 22:13:23

Thanks for the thread - place marking smile

10twinkle10 Thu 11-Jun-15 06:20:49

Yay new thread!
Is anyone waking up at silly o'clock in the morning? 5am wide awake today, I'm always shattered by about 6pm!!

On the buying front I've bought nothing, going to wait till after 20 week scan then make a list and start buying bits. Mine isn't until 7th july.

Had some lovely news today that one of my friends is pregnant and due in December, so happy for her and it will be so nice to be off on maternity leave with her.

And (whispers) my sickness seems to be going which is such a relief! No glowing though smile

Alittlebitofeverything Thu 11-Jun-15 07:09:29

Yes 10twinkle10 I am amazing at going to sleep but staying a sleep is now a bit of a struggle. I wake up almost as soon as it is light outside and then feel the need to have a nap almost as soon as I'm in from work.

Alittlebitofeverything Thu 11-Jun-15 07:42:35

Oops silly phone didn't mean to strike your name through..

Unthoughtknown Thu 11-Jun-15 08:03:40

Place marking, and in reference to the thread title, scan in two weeks and we are most definatley finding out, can't be arguing over two potential names. I'm still going gender neutral on the clothing front though.

Unthoughtknown Thu 11-Jun-15 08:03:57

For the baby not me haha

austengirl Thu 11-Jun-15 08:08:56

Place holding smile

Amyyy27 Thu 11-Jun-15 08:28:42

place marking Thanks roots!

We find out if we are team pink or blue in 2 days!!! Eek grin

ehealy Thu 11-Jun-15 08:31:18

Hello new thread. I've asked on FB page but to the wider group.....
Bleach and hair removal cream is it a problem for baba? Wax disaster has put me off, shaving is itchy! They say it could be but do chemicals on your skin go to the baby?

SnozzberryPie Thu 11-Jun-15 08:35:28

Just marking place on new thread.

lemonwildflower Thu 11-Jun-15 08:37:18

Today we are having 2nd midwife appointment - hopefully will get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the 1st time! Has anyone done this already? What usually happens at a 2nd midwife appointment? Do partners usually come?

So happy it's sunny too! ��

Alittlebitofeverything Thu 11-Jun-15 09:24:28

ehealy Just found this.. www.babycentre.co.uk/x562993/is-it-safe-to-use-hair-removal-creams-during-pregnancy so seems the answer is yes. I have been fake tanning, its bad enough I'm growing to the size of a baby whale without having to do it without a little tan grin apparently it only goes through the first few layers of skin so no harm to baby.

I have so far withheld dying my hair after helpful friend scared me out of it (see previous posts) but it really is in desperate need of doing now.. I know loads of pregnant people who have had their hair dyed throughout pregnancy and their kids are fine. Is it safe? I also want to redo my brazillian blow dry which my hairdresser is adamant is safe to do while pregnant but again bit scared after friend of doom gave me a talking to!!

doomclaw Thu 11-Jun-15 09:32:08

Place marking

alittlebit After reading the NHS guidance I decided to continue with having my hair dyed although my hairdresser did insist on doing another skin test as hormones can cause you to react differently.

Laura7010 Thu 11-Jun-15 09:48:58

Place marking smile and yep 10twinkle10 I wake up ALL the time and sometimes wide awake by 3. I tried not napping when I got home to help me sleep better but it didn't work so I just sleep when I can now. At least I'll be used to it eh??

annatha Thu 11-Jun-15 09:49:01

lemon partners are welcome to all the appts and its lovely for them to hear the heartbeat if he can make it. Last pg my dh swapped shifts and came to everything with me because it helped him feel more involved. This time its not as easy with dd so I'm hopefully recording the heartbeat on my phone for him when I have my second appt this afternoon.

ehealy Thu 11-Jun-15 10:00:35

Thanks alittlebit I finally got through the doom and gloom advice and found that too. Still trying to find out about alcohol cleanser and bleaching hair

tootsroots Thu 11-Jun-15 10:16:02

Check how much formaldehyde is in the brazilian blow dry andthat is the REALLY toxic stuff and that is badfor a non preg let alone preg.... its that bit where your eyes sting as they heat it.. if you have that - don't do it! ( i wold if i could but the rate of growth my hair is going through, would last a week!

I have dyed the entire way, Aveda is my hairdressers and figure tubes or house cleaning chemicals are more toxic anyhow!

mrswishywashy Thu 11-Jun-15 10:16:14

Nap time here for me. Worked nights for six week old. He went to sleep at 9.30pm, woke with one scream at 10.30pm, was restless until midnight, gave him a bottle at 3.30am and he was restless from 5.30am, had lots of smiles and talking from him. I'm exhausted but good practice for November.

Alittlebitofeverything Thu 11-Jun-15 10:28:52

The one my hairdresser uses isn't the one that grows out, it gradually wears off after about 12 weeks and is more oil based (I think) although I will check the ingredients with her. I can hold off on that until after pregnancy, she has said the only bad part for me would be the smell but as she comes to my house we could always do it outside to reduce that.

Has anyone flown while pregnant? Considering a little trip to Portugal while my husband is working away, Ill be 18/19 weeks for the trip. Is there anything I should consider before booking?

tootsroots Thu 11-Jun-15 10:39:05

Hi!! i did 12 flights in 17 days including long haul to asia and back weeks 15-17 and the only thing you need is sexy flight socks and drink SO much water and move about. When i say water, i mean litres!

I would also carry your notes on you so can prove you are not further along and do not require a dr note yet.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Thu 11-Jun-15 11:31:37

Quick place mark

Alittlebitofeverything Thu 11-Jun-15 11:43:54

toots that's great thank you, I think I would struggle with 12 flights in 17 days not pregnant shock. Only planning a little trip to the family house in Portugal with my mum so should be very laid back and easy. Feel like the bump should see some sun and not sure I'll get much chance later.

Alittlebitofeverything Thu 11-Jun-15 12:04:50

Sorry for the million questions but just wondering if anyone has bought a doppler? My husband is away for our 16 week scan on Monday so thought it might be nice to get one for home so he can hear the heartbeat. I have just had a quick look on ebay and seem to be around £25, is it worth doing?

SnozzberryPie Thu 11-Jun-15 13:00:12

I have a Doppler. I bought it in my last pregnancy and used to enjoy listening to the heartbeat every evening and also letting grandparents etc hear. I have tried it this time but haven't been able to find it yet. The important thing is not to panic if you cant find it, if you think you are likely to do so then probably best not to get one.

For me it was well worth it, I have lent it out to lots of pregnant friends too and once this baby is born will put it back on ebay myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now