Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fang-tastic fannies, Baywatch Blowjobs and good old british summer (arse) rain). It's JSing Grads 30!

(1000 Posts)
teejayem Mon 08-Jun-15 12:32:17

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the 30th grads thread... celebrating the success of Just Shagging in getting us viroids upduffed!

For those that don't know, a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!

The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

The thread we have graduated from is here in its 48th outing. WARNING: they're all a bit kerazy not to mention randy!

There is also a Just Mumming thread here for once your babies come along, or to keep up with the graduated graduates!

There is also a private facebook group (so it doesn't give the game away in your news feed!)... if you want to join to see photos of new babies etc, just ask in-thread!

Here is the stats list, please update your own spot with any updates: Stats

teejayem Mon 08-Jun-15 12:38:38

Hello!

Pleeeeeeease be the fred I drop on......

Niffertiti Mon 08-Jun-15 13:12:02

Hi tee! Bounce bounce bounce.

You must be so sick of us telling you that by now...

jellypi3 Mon 08-Jun-15 13:31:23

Thanks for the new Fred tee Of course this will be the Fred you drop on! Come on baby tee!!!

Cymraes17 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:19:22

Tee you're on top of the list!
Will we all drop off in order?
Been bouncing an rolling on th ball, 5 days to go......

Fleurchamp Mon 08-Jun-15 14:23:10

12th??? How the hell did that happen???

Purpleball Mon 08-Jun-15 14:26:28

Thanks for the new Fred Tee. Hope it's your lucky one smile

Indigoblue2 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:42:46

Tee you will absolutely drop the tinytee on this fred, you've got to!

LaLaLaaaa Mon 08-Jun-15 14:55:33

Bounce, bounce, bounce!

Sil also not yet in active labour apparently! She's bouncing away in New Jersey at this minute!

rm00054 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:00:40

Yay, new Fred, thanks Tee

Talk to me about mattresses, viroids. I've got most of my baby stuff second hand but need to get a new mattress for the cot but I just don't know where to start, there is so much choice!!
What are the important things a mattress needs? Is it better to go for sprung or foam? Are the cheap ones just as good as the more expensive ones?
I got given an Amazon voucher from work when I went on mat leave, so I'm hoping to get one from there.

pretzelpieces Mon 08-Jun-15 15:27:45

Thanks for the fred tee!

I don't know anything about mattresses I'm afraid, I'll have to listen to the replies as well.

I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself last night and today with this fever. Don't know what the hell is wrong with me but feeling a little better right now after a cry and some tofu sausages.

oneyorkshirepud Mon 08-Jun-15 15:41:28

Oh dear Pretzel, you must be able to do better than tofu sausages surely?!

Still feeling rubbish here, I surely only have a few days of this left but COME ON THE GLOW!!!!! Mneh.

Lookingforadvice123 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:45:54

Just finished reading the last Fred, rhiannon I'm so sorry about your nan and also about the other generally shitty things flowers

pud WHAT?? You're STILL feeling rubbish? You gave me hope last week that the end of nausea is nigh, don't go back on your word miss! 10 weeks today and nausea won't leave me alone sad reassuring to have the symptom, but horrible in all other aspects.

Lookingforadvice123 Mon 08-Jun-15 16:03:24

Oh and thanks tee for the new Fred!

Stats update:
12 week scan 25th June - 17 days (who's counting!)

Purpleball Mon 08-Jun-15 16:03:33

I got a good deal on a mattress via bounty email from online4baby. It was £41 delivered - cotbed with zipped removable cover. I can find the code if anyone wants it

Fattycow Mon 08-Jun-15 16:05:30

Hello viroids!

LaLaLaaaa Mon 08-Jun-15 16:07:04

RM here is my knowledge, but obviously take from it what u want!

Pocket sprung better long term so good if you've got cot bed that's going to be used for years. Otherwise for shorter term foam is fine.

Needs to adhere to safety standards - check with advice online (think mamas and papas have a bit that explains.

I got mine from a discount website - £40 - will send link. Or there is www.babymattressesonline.co.uk which is cheap

Recommended that you have PVC later but this can get hot in summer so I bought one with removable PVC cover.

Needs to be breathable to allow air flow. Never buy second hand coz of sids risk. Needs to fit cot exactly with no gaps at sides.

Lots of different types you can buy if baby is likely to have allergies (ie you or dp have them). I didn't bother as we don't.

I'll send link later

LaLaLaaaa Mon 08-Jun-15 16:09:27

Ok just checked and mamas and papas, which and babycentre have mattress guide online

Mine was comfort kids on Amazon and was £27 not £40

oneyorkshirepud Mon 08-Jun-15 16:15:18

Oops, sorry Looking hmm Nausea is much better it's just the crippling exhaustion that I am struggling with. Have to sit down to cook/shower etc. DH is amazing and is doing pretty much everything .I haven't been to work today which is pretty shit for my colleagues. AND I think I am getting a cold. Woe is me ha ha.

goodnessgraciousgouda Mon 08-Jun-15 16:24:13

I'm 9+2 and despite a couple of near miss moments, I've been feeling overall much less nauseous for the last few days. Still managing to fall asleep at random points in the day though. My skin is also getting slightly better, which is a big relief (I've been making a very big effort with it lately since it went bat shit).

Then again, I've noticed that I've been getting headaches over the last few days, and they seem to be getting worse each day.

If all goes well, I should be getting my first scan in 2 weeks and four days! DH and I were talking about it over the weekend, and were both agreeing that it feels like a genuine milestone, and we're both really anxious to have the scan done. He is away for the week now, so by the time he gets back it will be time to book another dr's appointment so we can get a prescription for the next blood test (FUCK YOU AND YOUR MONTHLY FUCKING BLOOD TESTS), but also....the prescription for the scan!!!

Cymraes17 Mon 08-Jun-15 16:30:34

We got a matress in a deal with our cotbed, mamas and papas outlet, but that was an age ago, all DCs have used it. Apparently guidlines say to change matress with each child, but we have a zipable cover that you can wash and we used a waterproof cover on top (the terry cotton type).
I have challenged the LoS, and stripped out bed.............. Only time will tell if it will work.
Really should hang nappies out to dry, but i fear it maybe too late, sun has gone round to front of house, they can wait for tomorrow right? (Have enough for DD2 in airing cupboard for at least another 2 days)

jellypi3 Mon 08-Jun-15 16:54:25

man matress talk seems such a long way away for me! i wish i could fall asleep and wake up at my 12 week scan!

oneyorkshirepud Mon 08-Jun-15 16:57:33

Ha Jelly, I was an absolute nightmare waiting for the 12 week scan, you have your early scan this week though try to break the first tri up into little milestones, I think that might make it a little easier.

Purpleball Mon 08-Jun-15 17:07:12

I feel for all you ladies in the first tri. I had exhaustion, nausea and migraines.
2nd tri has been great, I feel really well, still tired but not as bad.
3rd tri is coming next week I think...not looking forward to being huuuuge in the heat of summer.

Been to the GP today about a lump on my eye, it's a cyst and can stay put unless it hurts. Also got a prescription for gaviscon and gastro resistant aspirin in the hopes that will reduce the heartburn smile

The mattress we got is also sprung, should have looked on a,akin before buying though. I also bought a mattress protector. The 2nd hand cot came with a mattress too which I'm keeping for a spare and I'll wash the cover of it.

Jcandy Mon 08-Jun-15 17:11:04

Looking and pud I thought I'd just report to say I'm 13+1 today and think I might be turning a corner! I've still been nauseous but no where near as bad and I can eat a variety of different foods again which is great! On the exhaustion front that also seems to have tailed off. Don't get me wrong I'm still tired but don't quite feel like I'm walking through treacle anymore!

Ooo that's a good price for a mattress, might have to look into that!

Cym what nappies do you use? I'm thinking reusable but there's just so much choice!

Thanks for the new fred Tee. Now bounce! How's the pain today?

This thread is not accepting new messages.