Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2016 #3 - booking in for ginger tea vs frankfurters + rapidly expanding boobs

(987 Posts)
Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 31-May-15 17:58:23

New thread for the January babies

Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 31-May-15 18:01:50

All newbies welcome too!

mrschatty Sun 31-May-15 18:17:20

Place marked smile

mrschatty Sun 31-May-15 18:17:50

And I'm v much ginger tea...frankfurters (sick face)

brickiemum2 Sun 31-May-15 18:18:57

Thanks for the new thread b&w.
I've had my parents visiting today and I've still not told them. Trying to hold out until 12 weeks if possible due to previous losses. It was so hard hiding how sick I feel and the fact that I just want to rub my upper abdomen and burp constantly. By the end I had a grin plastered on my face and sweat running down the back of my neck.
I've already bought a few non maternity maxi dresses that I reckon would fit until the 3rd trimester (very floaty) and a couple of maternity shorter dresses that don't look too obvious at this stage. Can't stand having my trousers on my belly, it's making the nausea so much worse. Off to have a look at asos now though.
Oh and dating scan wise I've been told here in Scotland they aim for 13 weeks as things are clearer than earlier? I won't be having the nt part of the scan done or any bloods for it so I guess the timing isn't super important to me.

Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 31-May-15 18:21:40

Yes, why is there no sick smiley!?

brickiemum2 Sun 31-May-15 18:23:42

The jealous one seems to do envy

moonshine25 Sun 31-May-15 18:28:44

Ah thanks Brickie! I'll check it all out with the midwife and see what she says. Would like to have the NT scan done really so will see what happens.

Craving salty chips now!! Uh-oh!! Also bought some lemon sherbets earlier and they seem to help with the nausea smile

CubanoHabana Sun 31-May-15 18:42:14

I want to wait until as late as possible telling work, also for timetabling reasons, but then feel guilty as I know my head of department is relying on me for several year 11 classes and I've just taken on permanent new role meaning I only have a 12 hour teaching timetable which will be hard for the department to fill...

Think last week of term? Although very tempted to wait until results day in August but I'll be 20 weeks then and think it might be a bit too late? It would also mean not being able to tell a lot of friends /dh's friends as they would say something on Facebook and most of my colleagues are my friends on there.

Lookingforadvice123 Sun 31-May-15 18:57:30

Third thread wow! Wonder how many there'll be by January!

Got my scan at the EPAU tomorrow which I was booked in by my GP when we thought I might be miscarrying Thursday. Nervous even though we only saw bean healthy as can be on Thursday, and my spotting has stopped and my sickness/sore boobs has been strong as ever! Think I'll be anxious the whole way through this pregnancy, even after the 12 week scan!

Those who are thinking about booking early scans, I can definitely recommend doing it! Was amazing to see our bean and hear it's heartbeat, and we'll probably have another at 10 weeks so it's not too long to wait.

I would recommend waiting until 8 weeks though if you can as after a heartbeat is seen at 8 weeks, your odds of a viable pregnancy increase to 98% (according to the miscarriage association).

SleepyDragon Sun 31-May-15 19:08:38

Cannot stand ginger tea, however raspberry, cranberry and elderflower goes down very well....

crumble74 Sun 31-May-15 19:23:43

Third thread already, nice work!
Thanks b&wcat.
Re maternity wear, I mainly wore maternity stuff in my last trimester, before that it didn't look right & I just wore my usual tops although I loved my Gap maternity jeans with a medium panel from about 16 weeks & full panel at the end! Last time I also wore nice floaty Seraphine dresses as it was June/July but they won't really work in December/January sad

mappemonde Sun 31-May-15 19:33:51

Thank you for the new thread.

The exhaustion has even really hard this weekend. I am grateful not to feel too sick but I feel/look bloated and cannot summon much energy to do anything! I think it's been so busy having the dc off school and we have had a lovely time but I need an early night!

flyinghighinthesky Sun 31-May-15 20:02:38

Just had to leave a family dinner to throw up everywhere. Do not remember feeling this sick at 5 weeks with DD1?!?!

Tonicandgin Sun 31-May-15 20:03:59

Jumping on new thread!

After a horrible morning of feeling like crap I had a nap and went to have my hair cut. Felt much better thankfully, but guilty I've not seen her much this weekend so spent the remainder of the afternoon rolling play dough with dd.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow!

MaybeMrsMum2016 Sun 31-May-15 20:06:40

Marking my place on this thread smile

Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 31-May-15 20:24:48

Thanks crumble, good to know jeans come in different bump sizes! Oh I've been eyeing up those Seraphine dresses, hadn't really clicked that it would be December, boo! shock Here's hoping they do a winter range.

Cubano I'd love to leave it until results day but fear it will need to be the end of this term. Just remember those y11 classes will only be taught by your replacement for just over a term (assuming you finish at Christmas). I'm also in a funny position where I have a relatively new management post, but in my view the less classes they need to cover, the easier it is for them. Everything's up in the air at the moment at my school with a bit of a reorg going on, so I definitely want to wait until that's finished before telling my news.

Can't wait to get up and go into school tomorrow (not!)

Joey0805 Sun 31-May-15 20:26:57

Thanks for all the help with maternity clothes - I've had a good look on line and most of them are so fugly! Hoping I won't be needing them too early... I'm bloated and have probably put on a couple of lbs but I'm not finding my regular jeans etc uncomfortable yet. However my DH kindly told me that I HAD to go bra shopping this week - he's right,, my normal bras are simply too small but I've been a bit in denial about getting bigger to be honest.

Weirdly I have utterly gone off fish (which I normally eat daily) and all meat ( which I only eat from time to time). I can't bear the taste, smell or texture. Think it's going to be a vegetarian rest of 1st trimester for me...

As for work, I'm not a teacher so don't have the same time issue with telling them that many of you do. My plan today is to wait until about 15 weeks when I'll have my harmony results etc back too then tell my boss. Most of my work clothes are uber fitted so I'll be hiding my small bloated belly with scarves and jackets until then. Given summer is showing no signs of arriving that shouldn't be too hard!

Readyforthefuture Sun 31-May-15 20:35:37

Wanted to share a minor win today - managed a small roast dinner (well just the veg) without throwing up woohoo!

joey I know what you mean about the bra thing, I just wonder how much bigger they get? I don't want to buy one and out grow it in a week. What are you thinking?

impatientlywaiting Sun 31-May-15 20:38:38

Thanks for the new thread. 8 weeks today, slipped in our living room before and now I have an awful stretching feeling in my stomach. Think I've pulled a muscle in my uterus, if that's possible?

TeenieDeenie Sun 31-May-15 20:40:32

Thanks for the new thread b&w cat.

Lilliana Sun 31-May-15 20:40:36

I'm just so so so tired!

Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 31-May-15 20:48:33

Liliana me too! Going to try not to be so tired that I can't actually go to bed...

Imlatiently you've probably pulled a lower abdominal muscle. Rest up!

Wynsey Sun 31-May-15 21:02:02

Hi All
So found out on Thursday that I was pregnant after trying since last June. Apparently I'm 5 weeks smile can't believe it - after the first few months I didn't think it was going to happen. Apparently due 27th of Jan.
My boobs are agony!! I'm having little cramp/twinges on and off & im mega tired and grumpy!! And experiencing the "what if" feeling but determined to be positive!
Also - had my hopes up of an 8 week scan - but I now believe that's only in E&W and not in Scotland. hmm so will need to wait until 12/13!! Raging!!! Lol
How do people cope with not telling people?? We are the couple who are out every weekend! Just need to disappear for the next 6 weeks!! grin
Can someone pls tell me what DS & DH mean?? I don't know all the abbvs!! wink xx

impatientlywaiting Sun 31-May-15 21:09:51

Hi Wynsey, congratulations. I think even in England and Wales the standard scans are only at 12/20 weeks unless there is a specific reason to scan anymore than that. Most people who have additional scams on this thread at around 7-9 weeks are paying privately.

DH is darling husband, DS darling son, and DD darling daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now