Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2015 ladies! Time to feel the glow!

(954 Posts)
Focusfocus Wed 20-May-15 19:57:30

Are you expecting a babe in November this year? If so, get ready to get glowing. Breaking out in spots, or tears, or both is part of the so called glow. Feeling sick, contemplating births and having the odd good day of eating well is also all glow.

Come on then. Wee in the corner to mark your spot. Have some brew or cake or wine. Then glow.

Focusfocus Wed 20-May-15 20:01:46

Oh before you wee in the corner to mark spot, do fill up the old thread first!

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Wed 20-May-15 20:08:13

Place mark

stace1986 Wed 20-May-15 20:12:24

Place marking!

doomclaw Wed 20-May-15 20:19:39

Marking my place

mrswishywashy Wed 20-May-15 20:21:00

Place marking.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 20-May-15 20:28:47

Thanks for the new thread. The glow is a myth though wink

Unthoughtknown Wed 20-May-15 20:36:43

Place marking.... I thought I had a glow, but today I am back to my grey skinned, chunky and knackered self.

Focusfocus Wed 20-May-15 20:48:09

Yeah, read my opening post - I have taken the 'glow' apart into the three components of spots, tears and sickness. Hehe!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 20-May-15 20:57:02

I like it Focus! I wonder if anyone does glow? When I had DS someone said I had the new mum glow. I really really didn't look good, but it was nice to hear. I was very sweaty after having him, I think it's something to do with fluid leaving the body, so perhaps that was it blush

TakesTwoToTango Wed 20-May-15 21:08:29

Place marking

roughtyping Wed 20-May-15 22:05:01

hello smile

Well my day got better, parents were all lovely and many thanked me for looking after their children this year which was a sweet thing to say - I currently teach 10 year olds so it's not like nursery! Glad it's over though - 330-9 with 40 min break, after a day of work. Back tomorrow for an in service day. I am in bed and ready to sleep once Ive had a drink of tea! Feeling much better. Hope everyone's feeling a bit better now flowers

Oddicombe37 Wed 20-May-15 22:13:05

Hello new thread

NoMoreSashimi Wed 20-May-15 22:17:28

Thank you Focus for the new thread! Place marked smile

gennibugs Wed 20-May-15 22:29:07

Marks place!

TakesTwoToTango Wed 20-May-15 22:41:06

Glad it got better rough!

SnozzberryPie Thu 21-May-15 07:16:22

Morning all

Scan day today. Wish me luck!

ehealy Thu 21-May-15 07:16:22

Thanks focus. Marking my place work is getting easier. Just found out my best friend is 11 weeks which makes us 4 weeks apart. She has had a lot of miscarriages so she's still being cautious. I hope neither of us have problems and so excited our babas will be so close in age. Has everybody booked their NCT classes. I only want to do them to do the delivery room tour I'd prefer the hypnobirthing. Also do you have to pay for NCT classes?

Lauramum23 Thu 21-May-15 07:22:04

I am just marking my place!
But I have just wrote messages on the other one! There's 9 more posts to write!

cupcakesam84 Thu 21-May-15 08:25:51

Place marking x

StAlphonsosPancakeBreakfast Thu 21-May-15 08:42:01

Whey, here we are!

flyingsprocket Thu 21-May-15 08:54:02

Morning ladies! Hello new thread. I went to my first pregnancy yoga class last night. It was ok, I'm more of a sweat & grit my teeth kind of exercise gal but I'm sure it'll be lovely when I've got a big bump smile

Consultant appointment today for me & then some shopping for new bras which I desperately need!

Crumbelina Thu 21-May-15 09:00:45

I went to my early pregnancy class a couole of days ago and then I've got a 6 weeks stint for late pregnancy in September. It's not an official NCT one but it's free from my GP practice, the course content is exactly the same and women who runs it used to be president of the NCT, so pretty similar! The same NCT course costs 300 pounds.

Bloody good it was too. Full of common sense advice ("Don't bother with a baby bath, put them in the sink or get a 99p washing bowl from Wilko"). Lots of reassurance around caffeine, lack of nutrition when you have MS, how resilient babies are etc.

The people there seemed nice and I couldn't help scanning the room and wondering who I might be buddies with.

Crumbelina Thu 21-May-15 09:05:52

Forgot to say, I'm so, so jealous of your holiday, Toots! I'd love one last long-haul adventure before the big arrival, but I think I'll have to be grateful for a week on a European beach (and I sooo will be!).

cryingbabymess Thu 21-May-15 09:11:38

Hi ladies. Place marking!

I was at a concert last night, sang my heart out and danced my wee socks off! Was soooo much fun! Took me back to 1999! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now