Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October baby bus take 4! 20wk scans and big pram buying plans!

(898 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

gaggiagirl Tue 19-May-15 10:00:15

Welcome all to the new Fred. FB group runs along side this pm me for details.

gingerbreadmam Tue 19-May-15 10:17:48

Thanks for the new thread gaggia grin hope u r well!

Stinkersmum Tue 19-May-15 10:21:21

Marking my place grin

gaggiagirl Tue 19-May-15 10:33:15

Hi gingerbread! Full of cold. Morning sickness has returned. SPD. Aaaaaarrrgggghhhhhhh! Only 20 weeks left to go!
How are you feeling?

Adventuregame Tue 19-May-15 10:43:26

Better mark my place on the new thread so I can jump on if I have anything to report !!!

Fabuluce Tue 19-May-15 10:46:56

I'm still only 16+3 and awaiting a true bump and my 30week appointment - feeling very behind everyone else!

Adventure, lovely to see you, I'm keeping everything crossed that it all happens swiftly for you.

SparklesandBubbles Tue 19-May-15 11:14:53

Gaggia, my morning sickness returned yesterday too. Not good having had a week off!! On a brighter note, had my 16wk appt today. Everything is fine. We listened to Bubbas heartbeat and she said we have a prize fighter in there!! We could hear lots of kicks!! Clearly a hyperactive little thing��. Exciting to hear grin.

gingerbreadmam Tue 19-May-15 11:22:47

oh heck! you seen anyone about your SPD? my nausea returned a couple of days a week or so ago but seems to have passed again.

im ok thanks just stressed, fortunately nothing baby related tho and trying to switch off to it all. my mil is an alcoholic. she promised us since last pregnancy (mmc) she would give us a very substantial amount towards a pram. i had started feeling a bit sceptical about it all and sure enough last night she withdrew her offer. i know she will change her mind but tbh i want to tell her to shove it now anyway. so now i am thinking of where pram money is going to come from grrrr angry

hope everyone else is well. im a bit gutted i didnt get to hear hb at 16wk appointment my mw never mentioned it.

Stainlessteel Tue 19-May-15 11:48:44

Hello, I've been lurking for a while and have very much enjoyed reading the threads so far. So I am due some point in October (vagueness partly due to the fact that I intend to give birth in a different country to where I am currently being looked after because that's the closest hospital and the two countries differ by nearly 3 weeks in due date hmm, and also partly because I also forget the exact date).
These last few days has seen me go from feeling absolutely nothing to getting a regular pounding. Even my DP got a feel of a kick when he stuck his hand in the right place. It's taking a bit of getting used to, I keep expecting an alien to burst out. It gets less weird right...?

gingerbreadmam Tue 19-May-15 11:53:02

ha stainless great news to hear of all the movement. i am worried about the weirdness. im sure it does pass.

u had what i would definitely call movement on friday and felt it a few times since. dp said he was cuddling me yesterday morning and could feel something. not sure if it was baby but dont know what else it could be. quite exciting tho and not too bad when its just a little tickle!

Fabuluce Tue 19-May-15 12:51:22

Sparkles I forgot I'm not on my own in the end of the month club! How lovely to be able to hear the heartbeat. I have my midwife appointment on Thursday and am hoping I'll get to hear the heartbeat too - it seems it's the luck of the draw whether or not the midwife will say yes or not so am keeping my fingers crossed!

Superexcited Tue 19-May-15 13:41:18

Just making sure I place Mark so I can find the thread

Superexcited Tue 19-May-15 13:47:10

Stainless I'm on baby number three and I'm afraid to report that it doesn't get any less weird, if anything it gets more weird but you get used to it.
By the time you get to 32 weeks you will see the movement as well as feel it. You will be able to identify hands and feet making shapes on your tummy as baby pokes around it what will become a very squished up space. Sometimes you can even identify whether it is a hand or a foot.

I have been feeling movement for a couple of weeks now but I had a quiet few days at the end of last week where I didn't feel anything. Two days ago the movement was back and it was much stronger than before (although from experience I know it will get much stronger int he coming months). I find it very reassuring to feel the movement.

FernGullysWoollyPully Tue 19-May-15 13:58:38

Hi all. I've been hovering between the Sept and Oct Fred for ages because it was all a bit uncertain about dates...anyhow, we're definitely the 2nd of Oct now. Had my 20 week scan yesterday at 20+3, everything lovely and normal except baby was lying very awkwardly so have to go back in 3 weeks so they can rescan and check the heart chambers and diaphragm.

We're having a pink one!

Been feeling kicks for about a week (my placenta was anterior to start with but has moved to a left lateral position) if I sit very still for a while, I can see them sometimes! This is my fifth but that feeling of joy never gets old!

I've managed to buy everything already. Having 4 others, I felt it required some organisation, we've got 2 birthdays, 2 holidays and new uniform to think about over the summer so I'm finished early!

gaggiagirl Tue 19-May-15 15:33:19

Hi fern!

gingerbread yes I saw the ante natal physio yesterday it was awesome so I'm getting there.

FernGullysWoollyPully Tue 19-May-15 15:46:26

gaggia it's good you're getting it seen to. I had spd with my third, it hurts like blue murder!

gingerbreadmam Tue 19-May-15 16:55:51

ohr good stuff hope physio helps and your cold clears up asap. this random weather wont be helping. hailstone in may is just madness!

ooh a little girl fern lovely! cant wait to find out so can start properly shopping. think im most excited about pram and nursery things.

FernGullysWoollyPully Tue 19-May-15 17:11:09

gingerbread this is my fourth wee girl! DS is quite disappointed bless him, he's only 8!

We've saved a ton having kept a lot from the last one, even the nursery hasn't been redecorated!

gaggiagirl Tue 19-May-15 17:25:29

Yeah it was hailstones here too gingerbread.

fern I'm all about the baby girls, this October bus is quickly getting filled with boys. Hardly anyone is having a girl. Yaaaaaay girls!

Coolchic12 Tue 19-May-15 17:58:57

Hey ladies, can I pls mark my place too☺️. I've just started posted last night after a very long time and only to find out there's a new thread!

Toast85 Tue 19-May-15 18:00:10

Hi thanks ga smile Are you finding out the sex at your scan?
I have an inkling this is a girl, we will ask if they can tell at the scan. Can't wait to see baby again, it's not until 1st June though.

I still think I'm getting the odd twitch or bubble feeling, but have an anterior placenta and only 18+3 so I don't really know. I was convinced at the weekend but now I'm not so sure- I think I feel something but it then turns out to be wind at least 50% of the time! Not worried though, it's fun trying to work it out.

Bought a second hand cot/crib which we intend to use from day 1 instead of a Moses basket, very excited to have an actual piece of baby equipment!

Coolchic12 Tue 19-May-15 18:00:49

I'm having a girl by the way��

Coolchic12 Tue 19-May-15 18:02:50

I'm on the same boat toast 19+4 anterior placenta, bubbles and twitches on and off , so confusing but exciting.

mountainofdreams Tue 19-May-15 18:13:57

Hi all!! I'm team pink also and possibly the first due (1st Oct). Anyone else 1st of the month? smile. I have officially started going mad and bought the crib, pram and car seat at the NEC baby show. Great deals!!! Trying to start the baby clothes shopping but most of what I like seems to be sold by independent online retailers. What's everyone else bought? smile

Ladypug Tue 19-May-15 18:18:07

Hey all,

I have no movement yet, 17.5 weeks so think I should have feeling soon? Lots of tummy rumbling but guessing that's not it! I'm a bit nervous about feeling movement as the thought of it really freaks me out! Anyone else feel scared? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now