Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2015 - the one where we impatiently count down to baby's arrival

(478 Posts)
comeagainforbigfudge Wed 22-Apr-15 10:18:58

Shiny new thread for us all

Theyvallgone Wed 22-Apr-15 10:57:40

eek! Can't believe we're on count down!

Zah sorry you are stressing sad Honestly if there is no blood then it won't be a show, just mucous. Its absolutely shocking how much you can get towards the end!

Well today I'm supposed to be packing my hospital bag. I'm dreading it I think its because I don't want to go and stay in hospital, so I don't want to pack the bag! It seems to hard to decide what I want to labour in, and come home in etc. ugh. Must crack on before the sun comes onto the patio ... because then I'll be sat outside for the rest of the afternoon ;)

zahaziland Wed 22-Apr-15 11:27:32

Just posted on the old thread, so I'll copy and past here too:

"Hi all, quick update before we move on to the new thread:
I was reassured by the midwife concerning the loss of my "mucus plug". She didn't think it was the mucus plug, which apparently is transparent with streaks of brown or blood. She thinks it was more likely discharge (albeit of a jelly-like consistency).
She didn't even think it was necessary to do an internal examination, as here they tend to avoid them (unless there is a specific reason to do one), to avoid irritating the cervix.

Other than that, I got to hear the heartbeat (I alway love this bit). Baby was probably sleeping, as hearbeat was around 124 bpm, a little lower than last time. Midwife wasn't at all concerned saying that anything between 120-160 is fine."

PS: Thanks to all for the reassurance - MN is great for this!

When are you due Theyvall? I thought I would start packing my hospital bag first week of May (but I am just 32 weeks at the moment, so feel that I still have loads of time).

SunbathingCat Wed 22-Apr-15 12:57:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bazza2 Wed 22-Apr-15 13:45:55

Thanks for the new thread!

I packed my hospital bag a week or so ago, and it is both the most and the least exciting thing ever. Almost everything in it is very absorbent.

zahaziland Wed 22-Apr-15 15:22:34

I should be working... but instead I just found this video:
sante.doctissimo.fr/blog/20600-De-la-fecondation-a-l-accouchement-en-4-minutes.html

I think it's amazing to see how much has happened since we got pregnant!

Just thought I would share.

comeagainforbigfudge Wed 22-Apr-15 16:23:28

So was listening to the radio earlier and they were talking about how Kate's (Kate &William fame) preferred maternity clothes line has double in its takings etc. And, well, it got me wondering if Kate just wishes she could go to primark (or other fine establishment that sells cheap stretchy clothes), spend £20 on clothes that are stretchy so she could slouch around in them?

Or do I just have too much time on hands to be wondering this?

Lottielou83 Wed 22-Apr-15 18:07:17

Hi ladies.
Please can I join you.... I'm an old MN'er first appearing 10 yrs ago (I don't mean old in age, metaphorically speaking of course) I joined MN on a TTC thread and followed it through with my first PG with DD1. Who will be 9 in June. How time flies.
I'm 32 have DD1 (8) DD2 (7) am due 30th June with DD3. To say this pregnancy has been eventful is an understatement so am very thankful I'm in my 30th week and 'Beanie' is doing well.
I will find out May 19th when I will b booked in for Elevtive section as I had both with previous due to big babies... 9lb 3 & 9lb 6....I have a small frame and 5'3 so babies just don't fit into my pelvis. It's obviously been a while since having a baby in the house and it's taken a lot of mental adjustment to be going back to breastfeeding and nappies...albeit she will be more than worth it.
I am a fitness instructor, teaching the likes of Lesmills Body Combat, Body Balance, Body Pump, freestyle classes and the crazy Well known INSANITY. I'm still teaching my freestyle, pump and Insanity with modifications of course as Beanie bump is rather big now. I had growth scan last at 28 weeks and she's estimating 3.1 so she must b over 4lbs now.... Out little elephant.
I figured the longer I keep going for, the better recovery I will have. Not giving up my classes for another 4 weeks and that will b hard enough.
Consultant thinks she wants to book me in 37/38 weeks, am hoping more the 37 weeks as DD1 turns 9 on the 16th June! Either that or hold out till 39 weeks but the size of Beanie will govern that. Eeeeak, so exciting!!!

So, that's just a little of me. Hope everyone is doing well.
Here's to the countdown xxx

SunbathingCat Wed 22-Apr-15 18:52:12

SunbathingCat Wed 22-Apr-15 18:52:39

Lottielou83 Wed 22-Apr-15 19:27:19

Thank you Sunbathingcat grin when are you due? Xx

Theyvallgone Wed 22-Apr-15 19:33:02

Hi Lottie smile

I'm due 5th June so 33+5 today. But they keep threatning that there is an increased chance it will come early, and if it does come early I won't necessarily have much time to prepare. So I really feel like I need to get it done so I can chill!
I have mostly packed it now, there are just a few bits like a going home outfit that might have to go in last min as I obviously still need to wear my maternity stuff, and will probably not get back into normal clothes very quickly! So still a few bits and bobs to sort, but at least I have some stuff together.

What made me laugh, much like you pointed out Bazza is that the baby's bag is full of lovely clothes and blankets, my partners is full of nice snaks for labour, and mine is just pads for every orifice and big knickers hmm blush

rolypolybird84 Wed 22-Apr-15 20:11:59

Hello ladies I just wanted to check in to say hello and I'm so glad people are using this thread again as I'm not much for Facebook and really liked being able to read this thread in the early days!

It's been ages since I've been on and it's gone from first trimester to people packing hospital bags in the blink of an eye!!!

I'm right at the back of the bus...due June 25th so 31 weeks!

Only 4 weeks left of work (if we don't count the rest of this week which of course we don't!!!)

Feeling great think I'm in the "bloom" part but I've been quite lucky overall!

Hope you're all having lovely day!

X

AnythingNotEverything Wed 22-Apr-15 20:19:48

Hi ladies ... Long time no speak smile

I'm one of the facebook defectors but glad I've found you here.

I'm 31 weeks now and probably looking at some sweeps at 38/39 weeks to try get this little one (DC3!) out before my due date. Like Lottie they're concerned he/she is a big one - already almost 5lbs! - so don't want me to go over.

Some of the Junebugs might be having their babies in as little as 4 weeks due to one thing or another. Eek!

Will try keep up this time ...

SunbathingCat Wed 22-Apr-15 20:23:55

ToriB34 Wed 22-Apr-15 20:54:49

Kyz Wed 22-Apr-15 20:55:25

Just marking my place smile hope you're all well? 34+6 today!

lottie welcome smile

jazzyjenbo Wed 22-Apr-15 20:56:07

Ooppps lost you all there sorry, yay to new thread and hi to all the newbees.
I have about 50 comments on the last thread to read and catch up on all the goings on.
Yay to possibly our last thread and to meeting our babies!

comeagainforbigfudge Wed 22-Apr-15 21:40:03

Good point sunbathing

Hello lottie

I'm due 12th June. Although if baby needs to come early I will not be upset.

Carpet coming tomorrow. Furniture being built at weekend. Then some serious sorting of baby stuff will be getting done grin

Including bag packing (hopefully!)

Jackiebrambles Wed 22-Apr-15 22:15:40

Hello ladies!

I'm a Facebook defector too, but great to see a new thread, I need to catch up on the old one...

I'm due on 24th June but hopefully will have section the week before.

5 more weeks at work and I'm sooooo tired!

Got low iron so started taking spatone today, am hoping I wake up revitalised!! smile

cuphat Wed 22-Apr-15 22:40:18

Hello newbies.

Another large baby due here. I knew my dates for certain with DD as I used ovulation tests but they put me forward basically saying that I conceived before I'd even ovulated! It turns out she was just destined to be big. She was 9lb 10 at 39 weeks - I measured spot on so it wasn't picked up in advance, I'm just lucky she was breech! And it's the same again this time - I was due in June but the dating scan moved me forward to 29th May. I'll have another section around a week before then. I'm on the May threads too but have stayed on the June threads as they're where I started off.

Chookford Thu 23-Apr-15 10:39:03

Hi ladies

I moved house yesterday do have been reading but not commenting much!

Thanks for the new thread come

lottie welcome to the thread, I'm due 24/5 but originally thought I would be June so I'm on both the May and June threads!

My little one is breech so I'm finish g out next week wether a c section will be required and if so what date so I may be a little earlier than the 24th.. Time is flying trying to sort out a house move and be nearly 36wks pregnant is not a fun time!! grin

Chookford Thu 23-Apr-15 10:39:56

Please excuse the typos im so tired I can't spell!!

comeagainforbigfudge Thu 23-Apr-15 14:43:38

I have a carpet! I have a carpet! gently jumps up and down with excitement

chook no excuses needed, I'm tired after walking length of myself!

Chookford Thu 23-Apr-15 14:56:20

come hooray for new carpet! It's lovely having them isn't it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now