Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

April 2015 Thread 10: full of chatterboxes, only 2 months to go...

(1000 Posts)
Hidingthefear Tue 03-Feb-15 12:56:15

the other thread was almost full already! Any newbies welcome to join : )

Copied this from Boo from the last fred, sorry if it's changed since then, wasnt sure where to find it.

Unknown/Surprise
Misty414, 30, #1 edd 25th March
Fingerscrossed, 33, #2 EDD 1st April
ChickenMe, 38, EDD 4th April
LadyStinky, 35, #1 EDD 5th April
Rustyzilla, 34, #1, EDD 7th April
Floppypotato, #1, EDD 7th April
BrixtonBunny, 26, #1 edd 8th April - Surprise (but more likely to be girl according to sonographer)
Nerdsgirl, EDD 9th April
Chiliplant, ?, #1, EDD 11th April -
Wineandchoccy, 33, #1, EDD 14th April
AnniaFausta, 32, #1, EDD 15th April
AbiBanbury, 38, #1 EDD 18th April (but ovulate early so likely to be more like 14th) -
BitchPeas #2 EDD 19th April
Kismac, 29 #1, EDD 19th April
NinnynoodleNoo, 37, #6, EDD 19th April
SquattingNeville, 24, #2, EDD 20th April
CherryLips1980, 34, #2, EDD 21st April
Chococroc, 31, #1, EDD 22nd April, (but will likely be a couple of weeks earlier due to health condition) -
Lauren82000, 30 #2 EDD 22nd April
Ivegotacavetroll, 30 #1 EDD 23rd April
Mswibble - 29, #1, EDD 24th April
HippoPottyMouth, 38, #3, EDD 25th April
OneDay, 27, no DC, MMC June 2014, EDD 26th April
Squidge14,#1, EDD 27th April
JaneyTea, 34, #1. EDD 29th April
catsofa 35, #1, EDD 30th April

Boy
RiverRocks, 30, #1, EDD 26th March
houghtonk76, 38, #1, EDD 1st April
Lindalove, 38, EDD 2nd April
Lila35, 35, #1, EDD 3rd April
Cinnamongreyhound, 33, #3 edd 6th April
berberana, 34 #2 edd 11th April
Hidingthefear, 25, #1 EDD 13Th April
daholster, 32, #2, EDD 14th April
BonjourMinou, 32, #2, EDD 19th April
BananaToast, 26, #1, EDD 20th April
smogsville, 33, #2, EDD 22nd April, csection booked for 16th April
LadyNovember, 24, #1, EDD 23rd April
StuntNun, 38, #4, EDD 27th April
Mel0drama 36, dc #2, edd 29th April

Girl
Roastpots 35, #2 EDD 1st April
Babiecakes11, 23, 4th pregnancy, 2nd baby EDD April 1st
minipie, 34, #2, EDD 4th April
Skyra13, 26, #1 EDD 6th April
londonlivvy, 39, DC#2, EDD 8 April
upduffedsecret, EDD 8th April - Girl?
TinyTear, 41, DD2 EDD 11th April
TheBooMonster, 25, DD2, EDD 11th April
Mamabear0315, 24, #2, EDD 12th April
MustBeDueSomeBetterFeet, 36, #2 EDD 23rd April
FreedomHuntress, 40, #2, EDD 27th April
Siarie, 26, #1, EDD 27th April

BananaToast Tue 03-Feb-15 12:57:27

Thanks Hiding - marking my place!

SquattingNeville Tue 03-Feb-15 13:05:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EbwyIsUpTheDuff Tue 03-Feb-15 13:08:06

thanks, Hiding!

Wineandchoccy Tue 03-Feb-15 13:13:31

Thanks hiding I can't believe we are on thread 10 already.

I'm tired today I'm working from home and I think the kettle has had more use than the laptop grin

I bought an isofix for my car yesterday and the shop fitted it, I was hoping to get away without one as didn't really want to spend £125 on one but the seatbelt is to short to go around the car seat. I Got an ex demo for £88 and free fitting so can't complain.

TheBooMonster Tue 03-Feb-15 13:13:57

Thanks Hiding! the stats thread is here

Floppypotato Tue 03-Feb-15 13:15:27

I tend to sit on the steps and then pick my foot up and put it on a step as high as possible to make it easier to undo the zip on my ankle boots etc!

Sort of works though not for much longer I suspect!

Siarie Tue 03-Feb-15 13:18:03

Doh! Just posted didnt realise that the thread was almost full. To summarise, I need to read up (haha yes!) and had my whooping cough jab today.

Also picked up a few baby items from John Lewis. They have a new spring selection in, lots of bunnies and I like buying baby clothes so there we go!

Siarie Tue 03-Feb-15 13:19:38

Oh! I forgot to say other baby related news. We have now test drived both potential new cars. We're playing the dealerships off for the best price and then hopefully putting in an order in the next few days! So that's exciting.

Hidingthefear Tue 03-Feb-15 13:47:49

you're welcome smile phew I did it right!
sairie they are lovely! that coat looks gorgeous, what a nice colour. good luck with the car shopping.
I haven't bought a coat yet come to think of it, hmmm

Yay my Next2Me crib arrived today : ) I think that's all the bigger purchases done and dusted now.
pram, car seat, bath, monitors, breast pump, cotbed, changing mat, bouncer.
If anyone asks what we need am i best just to say baby grows? I believe you can never have too many?

wine the more i see about isofix the more i'm considering one just to make my life easier. We only have 1 car so it can stay in there all the time and im pretty sure my car has isofix points so just need to check.

cinnamongreyhound Tue 03-Feb-15 13:51:50

Thanks Hidingthefear, I'm 34 now sad

Thanks SquattingNeville, we had more tears this morning but otherwise he's been a happy little soul. Napping now and took to our regular toddler group today like a duck to water grin. We didn't have a devinitive name for either ds's until they were born so I don't think that's slack. I didn't get any books with ds1 but here's no reason why not, it's still a book you can read at any point. Or pop to the library wink That's really cute about your ds kissing your bump. Ds2 loves when he gets kicked when we're having snuggles and ds1 often comes and sits with me and asks to feel the baby.

I had my bikini line waxed once when I was 19 and bled really badly so never again! Personally I don't like hair free but do keep trimmed. Will keep reading and hope it wasn't too traumatic daholster! Glad all went well smile sorry you've got bruising now, not a huge surprise though as pulling out hairs can damage small capillaries.

Those talking about food, I don't think I'm eating loads but I'm eating less for dinner and not afterwards to stop the evening/night time heartburn and so am waking up starving! My breakfast fills me up much less time than it used to and I usually need to eat again by 10-10.30. Yesterday I ran quite late so had to eat before I went and my tummy started rumbling half way round the run, which never happens! Thinking I might start logging on mfp just out of interest if I need more food to stop being hungry or because my eating patter has changed I just notice hunger more.

I've collected baby clothes together and a couple of nighties but otherwise not thought about hospital bag! Seems ages away yet but I know it won't be. I don't have anything to pack it into that I can think of is the trouble! I agree I'm going with clothes up to 9-10lb as my babies have been big. I'm hoping not being two weeks overdue will mean this one is a bit smaller, as the tiny stage doesn't last long at all.

When I had ds2, all my little minded children were bfing their dolls at home and all the older ones very quickly were not bothered at all by me feeing him TheBooMonster. Just goes to show seeing something really does normalise it. Didn't know there were bfing books for kids.

Come on keep up Sairie wink

Dh is at ds's options evening tonight as he's in year 9 and has to choose gcse's next term. Ex has invited him for dinner sad. Hes done it before and I'd rather him do that than sit in his office until 6.30 with a pot noodle, but it always makes me uneasy! So silly as we are fine and I know if he ever thought of an affair she'd literally be the last person he'd choose. My mum is doing tea for me and my boys though so easy evening, dh should be home 9-9.30 hopefully.

daholster Tue 03-Feb-15 14:07:39

Hello! Snow here this am, all gone now. At work, busy, desperately trying not to be home late but that's a rare occurence on duty days. Fingers crossed...

30 weeks!

smogsville Tue 03-Feb-15 14:11:24

Thanks for the thread Hiding.

Siarie which cars are you thinking of. You sound like you a) know what you're talking about and b) have done loads of research...

SquattingNeville Tue 03-Feb-15 14:24:46

smogsville Tue 03-Feb-15 14:33:22

Squatting i am having a quieter day too.

Usually when I'm sitting at my desk (or lying down) he is all over the shop - it can be quite distracting. I'm going to hang on until this evening and see how things even out before making any calls.

Nothing else seems amiss so am trying to be sensible and think that he must just be having a napping day.

Siarie Tue 03-Feb-15 14:43:38

smogs We had two requirements for a car, it had to be big enough to fit the stroller in the boot while still being comfortable (we do long drives for family visits) and secondly it had to still have equal to or better performance than our current car.

The current car is an Audi TT coupe, which given we bought it new three/four years ago it's held its value really well but is not big enough by any means. The two cars we have been comparing are SUV/Sport hybrids and there aren't many people who want a family car that still has that kind of preformance so it's a niche market.

Audi have the RS Q3 and Mercedes have the GLA AMG. Audi have just announces an upgrade so both models are really equal now so it will just come down to price. Having tried both I don't have any preference, both have room for long legged adults in the back seats and are just as great as each other in terms of accerlation stats. Comparable options for the spec we want too, makes for a very hard decision. Which is why I think it will come down to whichever dealer can do the best price.

I've left it up to the DH to do all the emailing back and fourth.

SquattingNeville Tue 03-Feb-15 14:44:09

cinnamongreyhound Tue 03-Feb-15 14:49:05

If it's just for monitoring surely you could take ds with you SquattingNeville, there are often children in the antenatal clinic when I've been?

SquattingNeville Tue 03-Feb-15 14:59:34

lila35 Tue 03-Feb-15 15:32:57

I think I may have missed 2 threads shock I have been reading though and occasionally posting on the fb page.

31+4

FiRaffe Tue 03-Feb-15 15:38:42

Hope all is okay with those of you with fewer movements. Baby has turned around over the weekend so still getting used to being headbutted in the pelvis rather than kicked. My bump looks really funny now... seem to have a big bottomed baby (I look like a cliff overhang! )

smogsville Tue 03-Feb-15 15:40:13

Thanks Siarie will investigate!

Has anyone heard of babies changing position and this resulting in mothers feeling less movement? I think I'm feeling the odd movement but it's not like it normally is - usually feels quite close to the surface as I can feel limbs pushing out.

I know I should just ring mw and I will do when I get home but leaving for a meeting soon and also I don't have notes so will get a bollocking when they find out (as I won't know my hosp number).

TinyTear Tue 03-Feb-15 16:05:51

Marking place. Snow in Scotland today as well...
Lots of movement lately and yesterday DH felt loads and said "wow that must be uncomfortable"
Well duh...

BananaToast Tue 03-Feb-15 16:13:55

smog I think baby changing position can affect how much you're able to feel movements, but always best to get checked out to be sure.

Siarie those clothes are so cute!

Squatting try and get seen later on if you can rather than worry tonight. Doesn't sound very comfortable for you with pain and cramping.

SquattingNeville Tue 03-Feb-15 16:28:00

This thread is not accepting new messages.