Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

We may have been Bitter, but we’re no longer Barren! Get your *PESH* in here! All ready for the BESH clusterdiff of 2015 year of the *CuntCushion* (with added tea tree for those sore fanjo moments)!

(614 Posts)
MissHobart Sun 18-Jan-15 10:01:56

BESH Graduates having a moan about the lack of Gin whilst actually being over the fucking moon to finally have a reason to not be able to drink it! grin Anything goes, especially asking the wiser CRESH for their sage advice on the horrors and amazement to come when we get the the biggest WIN in history! Bring your baybees here! grin

MissHobart Sun 18-Jan-15 10:04:26

Roll Call

PESH
Fankle - ESHlet expected 4th January – very late! Any time now!
Cunty - Minichops expected 7th February.
MissHobart – pink ESHlet due 5th May.

CRESH
Most recent;
Buggerlugs - Pink Buglet born 27th September 2014 (She just couldn’t wait!)
ginge - completing the ESH Summer of Pink on 23rd August 2014

Old Hands now;
Faith - pinky faithlet arrived 14th April 2013
Pinkr - suitably pinky one arrived 25th August 2013
Jethro - blue one arrived 23rd September 2013
Noks - pink one arrived 12th January 2014
Frankel - large pink one arrived 10th March 2014
Merks - pink one landed safe and sound 21st March 2014
Sinky - Stubborn blue one arrived 26th March 2014
Driz - blue one arrived 12th June 2014
Kat - pink one arrived 21st June 2014
draf - pink calf on 1st July 2014
winks - a pink one dragged out kicking and screaming on 4th July 2014
euro - a pink one in a hurry to see the world, born on 17th July 2014
dor - a pink one born at speed on 28th July 2014

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 18-Jan-15 11:18:40

Marking my fraudulent place. There are perks to staying barren - namely endless gin...... Our profile goes out this week. People will be looking at pictures of us deciding on our future. Crazy. :D I have been looking at toys this morning. It's so hard because I'm desperate to buy something but we have no time frame/gender/age etc but I want to buy something so I thought perhaps a basic neutral toy or a teddy maybe?

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 18-Jan-15 11:19:40

Or toddler towels maybe? Do toddlers have special towels?

TheOriginalWinkly Sun 18-Jan-15 12:14:07

Good work MissH!

rasp grin and eeek. How difficult to know, I would want to buy too. Towels seem like a good idea. Or a pillow pet? My nephew is 9 and still sleeps with his.

MissHobart Sun 18-Jan-15 12:14:29

Rasp - How exciting! I'm sure you and Mr Cone will come across brilliantly! There is a win out there for you! It's all the bloody waiting that drives you nuts!

As for buying stuff, it's so hard! Yes toddlers have awesomely cute towels with hoods! Like this! grin SharkTowel

I don't understand people who have loads of stuff in early diffment or wins! confused Even knowing ours is pink doesn't really help cos we don't know what size she'll be, there's ages still to go so seems pointless (tempting fate) buying nursery stuff etc! (Though we have a travel system in the loft cos it was barginous!) I did buy one outfit set from Tesco though as it's too cute! But not brought myself to get anything else, Norsery done first, then clothes shopping!

MissHobart Sun 18-Jan-15 12:15:35

Awesome!!

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 18-Jan-15 12:42:29

Those towels and the pillow pet are amazing!! I may have to get one....or two. We won't buy much before hand and actually our LO will come complete with things so adding to much new would be unsettling but I'm going to buy something, just as a little celebration smile

TheBuggerlugs Sun 18-Jan-15 18:23:47

Hola Hags. I've had a fab weekend and did the sech 3 whole times! grin Buglet stayed out so we had lovely food, lovely drink and lovely sleep!

Hey Rasp. In terms of buying something I wouldn't know where to begin. How about a nice book? Its a tough one until you know the age and gender. Veh exciting times though.

I think we'll have a Fanklet by the morning.

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 18-Jan-15 19:43:27

3 times? Did it not chaif?! Glad you had a good weekend, vaaaarrr jealous of your pampering!

TheBuggerlugs Sun 18-Jan-15 20:09:43

Chaif? I'm sore as chuff wink

GP even bought me some sexy underwear. .....something he's never done before. He bought nice stuff too. Gold star for him.

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 18-Jan-15 20:25:48

Impressed! It's been a long while for us, need to get back on the wagon. Can't see MATV buying me sexy undies though. He's gone all sensible and want to save money - far to grown up for my liking.

FriendofDorothy Mon 19-Jan-15 06:56:39

Checking is so I don't miss any news.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 19-Jan-15 07:58:33

This was a first Rasp and only because he's basically been starved of sex all year whilst I was diffed and post laying due to a sore fanjo or whatever.

Buglet is having her first nap in her cot instead of her bednest. I'm proud and sad at the same time. Where has my newborn gone?

TheOriginalWinkly Mon 19-Jan-15 12:47:44

Bloody hell, when I read about what a sweetie buglet is I realise just how much of a stubborn, sleep hating, bottle refusing, dummy loathing, mummy wanting baby MiniWink is. I haven't had sex since she was born and she is a terrible sleeper. The two facts are not unrelated. She has never ever napped in her cot or indeed the bednest and goodness knows I've tried!

Ok pity party over. fank must be in labour by now, right?

TheBuggerlugs Mon 19-Jan-15 16:57:22

Winks please don't be fooled, she isn't an easy baby. She knows her own mind and kicks off the minute she doesn't want something BUT I'm a stubborn cow and my house has thick walls and I may have left her to just cry several a few times.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 19-Jan-15 16:59:59

AND I still hold the cranial woo shiz totally responsible for making her easier than she was. Please don't compare miniwinks to buglet, I bet she does loads Buglet won't.

TheBuggerlugs Mon 19-Jan-15 17:00:41

Also I've started a Fred about Toddler and Baby groups in Parenting. Please could you give your thoughts? Ta.

TheOriginalWinkly Mon 19-Jan-15 17:29:24

Sorry bugs, I know every baybee is difficult in their own way, I was just having a green eyed moment. Comparison is the thief of joy and all that.
<fist bumps of solidarity>

Will look at your fred now.

FrankelandFilly Mon 19-Jan-15 19:35:06

Hello Hags, sorry for the absence, life seems to run away these days and you fell off my active threads blush

I see from FaceAche we have a new ESHlet, congratulations Fanks, hope you had an ok time of it.

Oh and big apologies for missing mini-Noks first birthday, how on earth did time go so fast?!

TheBuggerlugs Mon 19-Jan-15 20:06:41

Yey congrats Fank. From the photos it looks like you had a sunroof job? Hope all is well!

MissHobart Tue 20-Jan-15 12:51:46

Congratulations Fanks!! Can't wait to hear all about it, once you're up to it! We're now down to 2 PESH shock I think I need to pop back over to the BESH and chick about some Groupers of Good Fortune! grin

Bugs - I'm also impressed with the Sechsing! We're managing about once a week or so, not helped by the fact I'm starting to feel really fat! I can feel my chin for gods sake! hmm

Rasp - Bugs' idea of a book would be good too, I'm sure there are some "welcome to the family" type ones that you could read at bedtime for now and forever! smile made myself weep there picturing you doing that with your lovely new little one in their new amazing loving home all warm and safe and loved! blub Sorry, a bit emotional at the minute! Really really wishing you all the best! grin

25 weeks tomorrow and have my appointment with the Birth Matters midwives to discuss a cs, bricking it but I'm also a bit hopefull. One more step on the long road to baybee! Saw the midwife today who I have to say has been brilliant so far! All is well with little one which is good!

I'm just starting to get fluid retention which is just a joy, swollen hands and legs, thought I'd got away with it to be honest! Pahahaha! hmm I think I've entered the swollen fat phase, when does the glowing start?!?! confused

CuntyChops Tue 20-Jan-15 13:25:13

Congratulations Fank! Hope you're all doing well flowers

<Gulps - that means I'm next!> I'm enjoying the blissful peace of maternity leave now and have been meaning to post more on here, but my pregnancy has been pretty textbook and nothing exciting is happening at all. I'm filling my time with tidying/ sorting the house, cooking and reading <yawn>. Still, we're at 37+3 today so hopefully it won't be long before the excitement happens.

MissH - Glad to hear all is well with you little one and that you've got a good midwife. Fluid retention is really annoying - I've had to buy wide-fit shoes now for my fat 'meat feet' and I have carpal tunnel syndrome due to fluid retention, so my hands are alternating between being really achy and having pins-and-needles. Make sure you exercise your hands and feet regularly - there are specific exercises and stretches you can find if you Google it. My midwife also advised spending 30 minutes in the evening with feet up above heart level - not easy when you can't lie on your back but it does help drain the fluid from swollen feet!

FrankelandFilly Tue 20-Jan-15 18:21:54

I spent the last month of my pregnancy in trainers, they were the only things I could get on my feet!

There are some good exercises you can do to help - circling your ankles, pointing and flexing your feet and lymphatic massage. Basically, sit on the floor with legs out in front of you and starting with your hands on your feet/ankles (one leg at a time and legs bent obv, unless you are super supple!) run you fingers firmly in long strokes up your leg. After a minute or so bend your leg and massage the nobly bit in your inner thigh/groin in a circular motion. Then switch legs. Think of it as trying to massage the fluid up into your body, the reason we get puffy is because it is hard for the fluid to get back up the legs when we're on our feet most of the time.

Hidingthefear Tue 20-Jan-15 22:00:54

what's a PESH, CRESH and a BESH?
Sorry, I was nosying through threads and was curious (I should probably invest in a good book instead but threads are so interesting)
so manny abbreviations on Mumsnet and i'm not the smartest at working them out lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now