Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2015 Ante-Natal thread.

(994 Posts)
DastardlyDachshund Thu 25-Dec-14 07:50:08

Hello ladies. I got my BFP (bloody faint positive in my case) on Monday and am due on 3rd September. I couldn't see any other threads for next September so thought I would go ahead and create a little home for us over the coming months. Merry Christmas to all of you finding out about your extra Christmas Present over the next few days grin .

nutelladipper Fri 26-Dec-14 17:39:40

Hi, do you mind if I join? I think my EDD is 31st August but I know I'll go overdue again!
I'm pregnant with my third & final. I found out last Tuesday but I've had a chemical pregnancy before so still cautious about getting too excited.
Xx

NatalieBee Fri 26-Dec-14 18:36:27

Hi girls smile I've wrote on August 2015 wall but I'm due around end of August start or September (not sure!) very dark positives so that's a good sign for me with my previous miscarriages my tests just never darkened! I have a doctors appointment on Monday and then because of miscarriages the consultant has suggested early scan, aspirin and blood thinning injections grin can't wait to see the doctor might feel a bit more real! Anyway enough about mesmile

Congratulations girls! Let's hope it's an amazing 2015! My stats are

NatalieBee, 22, no DC, originally from Northern Ireland but studying in Scotland smile

Xx

enviousllama Fri 26-Dec-14 21:04:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nutelladipper Fri 26-Dec-14 21:49:56

Oh I didn't do stats.
Age 34. DS 4, dd 2. EDD 29th August. West Midlands

DastardlyDachshund Fri 26-Dec-14 22:34:18

Welcome nutelladipper, NatalieBee and enviousllama. Massive congrats to you all. I must admit, I have been feeling a bit lost for the last few days as I don't quite fit into the ttc thread I graduated from now and I didn't want to crash the August AN thread as my edd usually gets put back a bit when it comes to the scan. I am a little worried at the moment as my lines don't seem to have darkened (that I have noticed anyway) since Monday. Trying not to stress too much as I am only 15dpo today and my lines were faint for my last two pregnancies when I first found out.

My stats:
Age 29, DS 7 and DD 5, EDD 3rd September.

NatalieBee Fri 26-Dec-14 22:59:58

Dastardly try not to worry to much (easier said than done I know!) so many things can factor into the darkness of a line, which tests are you using?

I know how you feel about the August thread everyone is so far ahead of me at around 8 weeks I thought I would be better suited to September thread smile would help if I could remember when my LMP wasconfused

MaudeTheMopLady Fri 26-Dec-14 23:14:47

Hello can i join too?
Am due end of August (28th), but went beyond 42 weeks last pregnancy so think it will almost certainly be a september one.
I'm 35 with one DS (nearly 4). Think i am 5 weeks today. Good luck everyone!

DastardlyDachshund Fri 26-Dec-14 23:15:46

Thanks Nataliebee. I tested on Monday with an internet cheaply and thought I saw something so broke out my last First response early result. That gave me a faint positive so retested using a clearblue plus and got another line albeit very faint still.
I tested Tuesday with a clearblue plus but no noticeable difference in the line. I went out and bought a clearblue digital for the following morning.
Wednesday morning I tested with a Tesco test and the cb digital but both came up negative (down to diluted sample I think).
Tested yesterday with a clearblue plus but another faint line and have done two internet cheapies since which have both had faint lines too.

enviousllama Fri 26-Dec-14 23:19:45

enviousllama Fri 26-Dec-14 23:23:20

DastardlyDachshund Fri 26-Dec-14 23:25:50

Cross post. Welcome Maudethemoplady and congratulations.

Thank you enviousllama. I am going to try to ease off the testing for a bit. I may get another digital test in a week or so and still have a couple in the house but I will try to hold off using them until next week. It doesn't help that I am on the clearblue study and conceived on what would have been my last cycle. Now they want me to continue collecting fmu until day 60. I am also still charting as I want to see my temps stay high until 18-20dpo before I feel happy to stop lol. grin

NatalieBee Sat 27-Dec-14 05:44:27

Welcome Ladies! ��

Envious in studying Nursing in Dundee! Final year I finish in August and will be qualified, cutting it close (pregnancy was a big surprise) but heyho!

What symptoms, if any are anyone feeling? I'm up at this ridiculous hour peeling, so a lot of weeing going on here along with sore boobs and nausea and perhaps me being a moody cow if that's unusual wink

MaudeTheMopLady Sat 27-Dec-14 07:46:07

Morning ladies! Thanks for the welcome. After reading your posts dastardly I went and did another test last night to see if mine had darkened - my last test - and only realised too late that I didn't really need to pee so hardly more than a drop came out ....and of course the line looked even fainter than last week, cue ridiculous anxiety. I'm such an idiot! Natalie I too am peeing lots and the weirdest thing is that I am incredibly hungry, waking up with stomach pains from hunger. I didn't have that with DS1 In Fact I really went off food. This is so strange. Hope it's not twins shock. Anyone else have strong sense of whether they might be having a boy or girl. I know it's stupidly early but I think I am having a girl. I knew I was having a boy the last time - as soon as I saw the BFP.

nutelladipper Sat 27-Dec-14 07:51:17

Envious really no tips apart from don't panic! I didn't find have two hard until dd starting sitting & needed more of my attention and it got trickier again when she moved. But you always find a way and generally speaking any tough times hasn't been because I've two.

When I first got my bfp my boobs were agony. Now I'm just tired but to be fair I always am! No other symptoms. Which makes me nervous but I should make the most of it. I'm 5 weekS today.

iniquity Sat 27-Dec-14 08:22:33

Hi I'm another nursing student on a post grad course. I should hopefully finish the first year and then go back and do the for final year after maternity leave as my course is only 2 years.
I may need to acquire mil for the placements!
I an due around the august September border.
I'm going to ask for a csection so I might get to choose my date.
I have a 6 year old boy already.

DastardlyDachshund Sat 27-Dec-14 09:00:26

Welcome iniquity. enviousllama my dc have just over a 2yr age gap. DS quite liked dd until she was old enough to move and show an interest in his toys... Mostly the squabbling is the biggest issue for my two, however they share a bedroom at the moment so they are under each others feet most of the time.

enviousllama Sat 27-Dec-14 11:17:30

mrsdos Sat 27-Dec-14 11:32:14

Morning ladies, can I join too? Not quite sure if I will be end of Aug or beginning of Sept as didn't have a visit from AF between coming off bc and getting a bfp last week.

MaudeTheMopLady Sat 27-Dec-14 11:41:04

Hello mrsDos welcome!

Envious - I've had pretty much all the same symptoms as you, especially that light headed going to faint thing...its so weird...wish i was going off tea though, trying my best to limit myself to two cups a day as recommended but then i just cant help myself from making a sneaky third...

A Quick neurotic question for you ladies... I had not exactly a hot bath today, but a pretty warm one, thought it was fine until i noticed i'd gone a bit pink on legs and pelvis. Got out fairly quickly but then i've had tummy ache since then, bit like period pain, which is making me panic a bit...
I did have implantation pains - though these should have passed now? but not sure if i'm being a worrier or if this is something i should worry about.
Thanks everyone.

DastardlyDachshund Sat 27-Dec-14 12:23:16

Welcome mrsdos. MaudeTheMopLady try not to worry about any cramps. They are perfectly normal and just your uterus stretching to make more room. Expect them to feel like period pains or pressure. The time to worry is if you get cramps and bleeding.

MaudeTheMopLady Sat 27-Dec-14 12:40:11

Thanks Dastardly, that has really cheered me up....yes definitely period pain like, bit achey in the lower back too. No blood though and no cramps so far. Thank you so much.

NatalieBee Sat 27-Dec-14 14:25:02

Does anyone else feel like drinking a bottle of gaviscon?

As for the cramps I have been getting them too, every time I'm away to the loo to check for blood confusedI dunno if I can handle all this worryig for 8more months!

nutelladipper Sat 27-Dec-14 15:17:02

I just feel like drinking a whole bottle of wine! I hope the heartburn eases.

I've just dosed on the sofa so 3 hrs. Poor hubby is having to keep the kids entertained but I jut don't think he gets how tired I am. hmm

nutelladipper Sat 27-Dec-14 15:17:27

Dozed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now