Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2015 - thread 6 - baby kicks and bumps appearing

(1000 Posts)
AnythingNotEverything Wed 17-Dec-14 08:57:15

New thread ... Hopefully no more sadness for the June Bugs.

JennyOfOldstones Wed 17-Dec-14 09:19:32

Thanks for the new thread anything!

Any scans today? Good luck to the remaining June Bugs!

SunbathingCat Wed 17-Dec-14 09:26:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tranquilitybaby Wed 17-Dec-14 09:37:27

Hello x

Busy day for me today and all this week. I'm a nail tech so it's all about the glitter this week. I could happily go back to bed right now though. First client in in 20 mins though...

Tranquilitybaby Wed 17-Dec-14 09:39:07

So have you all bought much yet?

I said I wasn't going to but I have! blush

newbie6 Wed 17-Dec-14 09:42:18

Hi all,

Just marking my place! Quick question, for those with toddlers, are you lifting them still? I know it is v hard not to but a couple of people have told me I shouldn't be lifting my 23mth old?? Good in theory but not in reality! Just wondered what everyone else was doing??

X

cuphat Wed 17-Dec-14 09:49:44

Hello all.

I'm still lifting 18 month old DD, newbie, and she's heavy (91st percentile since birth). I have no choice really.

I haven't bought much, but we've got most things from DD so not much to buy really. I've bought a first outfit, a memory box and a Trousselier music box (as DD has one on display in her nursery and it is much loved, so we thought we'd get a similar one for this baby). We'll order nursery furniture after the 20 week scan (which is scarily close!).

AnythingNotEverything Wed 17-Dec-14 09:51:39

Newbie - what's your alternative? Not comfort them or help them into a chair for the next 6 months? I'm still lifting my 10kg 14 month old and will continue to. I try not to lift in a twisting motion though, to spare my poor stomach and back.

I think if you do it regularly it's like continuing to run. Just be careful and listen to your body.

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Wed 17-Dec-14 09:56:37

Hello shiny new thread. Be good to us!

Newbie, I'm still lifting my 2.5yo. Especially at the moment as she is poorly and clearly walking is beyond her!! Do the people who've given you this advice have children?! grin I must admit I have stopped the long distance carries as it was hurting my back, but I can't see how life would continue at any kind of pace if I stopped lifting altogether.

Dd is proper poorly again today hmm Thankful for a wonderful cm who had taken her anyway and snuggled her up on the sofa at her house so I can go to work (which is where I should be going immediately --when I've finished faffing--). I'll collect her early so she doesn't have to do the school run, but miserable for her to be missing out on her Christmas fun hmm Hoping the calpol kicks in and she perks up enough.

Phryn Wed 17-Dec-14 10:22:56

Just marking my place - morning all.

Teenie - if you find this I'm still thinking of you and so sad for your loss. Do drop by in the future and let us know how you're getting on. flowers

JennyOfOldstones Wed 17-Dec-14 10:49:18

I haven't bought anything yet and this is number 1 for me. I am waiting to see what I can get for free as most of my friends have 1 or 2 already! Might get stuff in the sales if I see any furniture or car seats!

fortywinx Wed 17-Dec-14 10:56:34

Hi all, just checking in to say that I'm still here. Sorry I haven't been around much, I've been signed off work until after Xmas as the GP was worried about my anxiety/stress making my hyperemesis worse again and the bleed I had.

Think she just took pity on me tbh as I was in a bit of a state when I went in, and then got even worse when she couldn't find a heartbeat and said that I might have to be referred to the EPU but likely wouldn't get seen until Monday (it was Friday). Luckily, after trying one more time, she managed to find a lovely little heartbeat and I promptly burst into yet more tears (happy/relieved ones but still).

I'll pop in when I can, good luck anyone who has scans today! Hope everyone is doing okay!

Phryn Wed 17-Dec-14 10:58:00

Need to share an idiot moment I just had...

I felt a bit of pain in my stomach - felt a bit worried remembering I'd had some pain yesterday evening which I'd put down to digestion.

Put my hand under the waist band of my trousers and felt my stomach. realised the button at the top of the zip was digging in a bit into my tummy and must have caused the pain.

These are my biggest smart trousers. Am thankful I only have two working days left as I think I might need to live in skirts or but some maternity trousers for work in the new year wink

Bazza2 Wed 17-Dec-14 10:58:53

Morning all! Teenie if you are still here I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hoping you feel better soon.

Could somebody add me to the fb group?

AnythingNotEverything Wed 17-Dec-14 11:00:47

Bazza I can add you. Send me a DM with your real name and I'll add you as a friend on fb and add you to the group.

Tryingreallyhard84 Wed 17-Dec-14 11:10:51

phryn - that's quality! love it.

thanks for the new thread. I'm at work on my last day in the office til the new year. I'm working from home tomorrow but let's be honest as to how much will be done.

I can't scroll back on my phone but whoever said they were a nail tech has just reminded me to paint my nails glittery. it'll be a bugger to remove but hey ho!

ots Wed 17-Dec-14 11:49:51

Thanks for the new thread smile
I was sick this morning. So annoying when it just randomly happens. DS found it hilarious for some reason, then looked into the toilet after and said "silly old toilet" grin

I bought a really cute outfit a few weeks ago but not going to buy anything else until we find out what we're having. My mum brought all my maternity clothes from DS over yesterday which she had been storing for us, as well as 2 really comfy maternity bras. I'm underwire free today and it feels like heaven! She also found our moses basket up in the loft but she's going to keep it in her spare room until we move.

I'm still lifting my 3 year old. Granted, he doesn't need lifting often these days but at times when he does, I'm the only one here during the day! I think as long as you lift them carefully it shouldn't be a problem.

I think we only have a couple of scans left now don't we? Exciting that we're nearly all in the 2nd trimester smile

Bazza2 Wed 17-Dec-14 11:55:32

Thanks Anything! Done. Possibly twice. Sorry.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 17-Dec-14 11:59:03

Found you Bazza!

Bazza and Trying - you need to agree to be friends with me so I can add you to the group. Ta!

Chookford Wed 17-Dec-14 12:01:01

Marking place...thanks for new thread anything

ClearlyOpaque Wed 17-Dec-14 12:21:26

Is anyone else suffering from haywire emotions? I'm blessed to be feeling totally fine generally, but I am crying at the drop of a hat. It's getting embarrassing now! Am I the only one?!

Tryingreallyhard84 Wed 17-Dec-14 12:37:49

anything - I looked on your profile and decided that you looked like sort of person I can associate with and have therefore accepted your request. wink grin thanks! tee hee. I'm not a big user of said Facebook but if it helps people stay in contact and share helpful stuff then I'm in.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 17-Dec-14 12:38:26

Teenie I am so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and your DH during this difficult time.

Detective you sound such a strong woman. Your DC are very lucky to have you. I don't know the full story but from what I've read it sounds like you've done the right thing. My parents split up when I was a baby as my dad was a complete waste of space. My mum is a star and raised us all alone. Im sure you will be fine smile

Sparkle great news on your scan grin

Elizabeth gosh you must have been so disappointed. How annoying that they wrote down the wrong date. Is your scan today?

I'm off work sick at the moment. I've been lucky so far with symptoms. I've had lots of nausea but not really had much vomiting. Since Sunday though the nausea has ramped up and I've been getting very dizzy as well. I know I'm not drinking enough but im really struggling to force myself to drink. Bizarrely I'm managing to eat small amounts regularly but can't seem to handle more than a few sips of drink. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I'm also having lots of abdominal cramps that have freaked me out as they only started after stopping all my ivf medication. Just spoken to midwife who says it's completely normal. I feel such a stress head at the momentconfused

Tryingreallyhard84 Wed 17-Dec-14 12:39:17

clearly opaque - with you on that. usually I have a heart of stone...just reading a post on Facebook and had to stop myself tearing up at work. they'll cotton on in a heartbeat! grin

Chookford Wed 17-Dec-14 13:32:36

clearly I'm the same.. Generally fine then bursting into tears for no reason! Haha

This thread is not accepting new messages.