Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2014 thread 9: falala lala! Jingle babies are arriving!

(354 Posts)
Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 06-Dec-14 19:36:42

Will we even need a tenth thread before all the babies are here?!

stats page!

Lucy90 Sat 06-Dec-14 19:54:49

Thankyou peace!

mythical Sat 06-Dec-14 19:56:13

subbing smile

Roonerspism Sat 06-Dec-14 19:58:36

Well done peace!

38 plus 5. Bored senseless tonight and restless.

Lucy90 Sat 06-Dec-14 20:09:17

Ive been having pains and twitches all day but nothing is bloody happening!
Cant be doing with this for another 2 weeks sad

mythical Sat 06-Dec-14 20:18:34

41+1 today.

Sorted out the bedroom, made room for the co-sleeper crib on my side and decided to keep 2.5 year old DD with us as well and she will go on daddy's side with her cot bed smile

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 06-Dec-14 20:37:54

I did my first baby wash today, and now my living room is full of tiny white baby grows and huge white muslins and cot sheets. Freaky as hell!

We also got a Christmas tree. A real one. Hrmmm.

espa Sat 06-Dec-14 20:58:14

I like baby washing. Think all mine is done now.

Out of interest, when people are talking about pains and twinges and tightenings, what are they actually like? How do you know they are maybe labour related? I had a couple of cramps yesterday along with a few achey pains in my pelvis kinda area. Other than that not feeling much apart from kinda muscular side/back pains and my slipped disc playing up which I'm assuming is just the strain of 37.5 weeks of carrying this baby around!

I'm just impatient and want some signs!

Lucy90 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:03:43

Espa ive had period type cramps the past couple of weeks, lower back pain, shooting pains down to my vag, a lot of pressure on my vag. Also vag a bit swollen today but apparently these are all signs of baby preparing to come out!

Lucy90 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:06:43

Should have added ive been pooing a lot but not sure if thats a sign of anything

Roonerspism Sat 06-Dec-14 21:08:49

I get all sorts of twinges and aches but for me it means nothing! But if it's new for you then maybe!

I have a swollen vag area too - WTF is that about?!

Lucy90 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:10:38

Oh good so its not just me thats swollen!! I can only assume a swollen vag would make it more difficult for a baby to get out of there?!

monkeybaby2 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:22:57

39+4, 4th sweep, baby no longer engaged (awkward little bugger, was 2/5) and I've got a big fat nothing.

Bounced, rocked, jiggled on the ball and no idea if it's made any difference at all.

I reckon there's absolutely no chance I'm going into labour before my induction on Tuesday....sigh....

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 06-Dec-14 21:30:18

I've had period-like cramps, lower-back ache and painful pressure in the front and back, every night this week. I want this to mean something, but I'm sure it doesn't hmm the pain is just uncomfortable though, not enough to warrant more than a couple of paracetamol a night.

Roonerspism Sat 06-Dec-14 21:32:19

I don know! I haven't had a swollen vag before! I wondered if it was just the pressure?

Sorry monkey!! It's frustrating.... Mine never properly engage but I went naturally second time round if it cheers you up... Think we are due same day ;)

Taura Sat 06-Dec-14 21:38:00

I feel all swollen and sore down below - was wondering if it was because I've been going to the loo so often it's just friction burns sad
I've broken open the maternity pads and have splashed some witch hazel on one and it is nice and soothing.

CallingAllEngels Sat 06-Dec-14 21:58:17

Evening all. Thanks for the new thread peace !

Just got our Christmas tree up - can't wait for ds to see it tomorrow.

Am feeling rather laid back atm. Everything seems to be ready for baby and Christmas and we're on day 3 of potty training ds and he seems to have clicked finally (he's nearly 3.2). Helps that I started ML a week ago so I feel like I have more space in my brain.

37 weeks tomorrow.

StetsonsAreCool Sat 06-Dec-14 22:01:25

What sort of witch hazel do you use? Considering buying some this time to sooth the stitches I'll inevitably need grin

No swelling yet that I can tell, bit I've had horrible tummy ache today, as if I'm going to have d&v. Hasn't turned into anything yet thankfully.

DH is out tonight and DD is having a sleepover. Quiet house, but can't enjoy it as I'm tired and achy and grumpy, so I'm in bed reading MN watching Sherlock. Still, it's good to make the most of the quiet before the baby arrives.

Keep having to remind myself that it's easier to look after on the inside, regardless of how uncomfortable I am!

CallingAllEngels Sat 06-Dec-14 22:02:29

Sure it's not thrush taura ? I had a nasty bout a few weeks ago.

StetsonsAreCool Sat 06-Dec-14 22:02:58

Engels - potty training, Christmas and about to have baby? You deserve a sherry medal!

CallingAllEngels Sat 06-Dec-14 22:14:02

Did I mention he has chicken pox right now as well stetsons ?!

Tried in the summer and it didn't go well, plus I was knackered from low bp and b12. Felt a bit under pressure from nursery as well, but now I'm on ML feel like I have a bit more energy and time to give him attention.

figginz Sat 06-Dec-14 22:34:16

Hello everyone. 39 weeks today and a bit bored and grumpy. Also have a cold which just seems unfair!

No twinges. Sore bits but nothing else. I don't think this baby is coming anytime soon. <Must take comfort in fact I have lots of time to watch crap tv and lounge about.>

ziggystarducks Sat 06-Dec-14 22:46:59

Arggghhhhh!! 40 + 4 today! COME ON OUT NOW!!!!

Bored, not sleeping, peeing every five minutes cos he's engaged, nesting repeatedly - I just want to meet him now

Taura Sat 06-Dec-14 22:47:57

Thrush, hadn't thought of that sad
Will see how it feels tomorrow.
I just have some Boots own brand stuff in the cupboard that's been there a while. Splish splosh, ahhhh....

Peaceloveandbiscuits Sat 06-Dec-14 23:44:26

My cervix feels like it's throbbing. Wtf confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now