Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 15, Number 6- Third trimester is ON!

(1000 Posts)
BanglesSpangles Thu 04-Dec-14 16:01:11

Helloo!
Here we are, new thread- we whizzed through the end of the last one!- Hope everyone finds their way here

WhyOWhyWouldYou Thu 04-Dec-14 16:30:21

Have any of you started packing your hospital bags yet? I think I'd done it by around now last time round, so have started writing myself a list. Is it bad I can't remember what I took and used last time?

PeppermintInfusion Thu 04-Dec-14 16:47:17

Found it!smile

Haven't packed the hospital bag yet, that's next on my list. Going to start drawing up a list of what I want to put in this week as I haven't got much in the way of stuff for me, eg nighties. Hopefully do that shop next week.

freneticfox Thu 04-Dec-14 16:48:48

Oooh blimey, a new thread! And third trimester... woohoo!!

Cub has had a little bop about, cold drink and a couple of quality street chocs woke him up. I think I'd REALLY worry if he wasn't active between 8pm-12am. He's a party animal.

Very bored of this cold now, trying to flush it out of my system with as much fluid as I can handle, but still feeling very run down. Think the stress of recent events has just crept up on me.

And WhyOWhy - I haven't even considered hospital bag yet, I was going to start looking at that in the new year. I think once we have a bit more of a birth plan in place I can make a list of what I'll be likely to need. My Mother on the other hand... she's already got a suitcase set aside with some essentials for a couple of days. She does live a couple of hours away though ;)

Minichuch Thu 04-Dec-14 17:00:42

I keep contemplating my hospital bag but then think nope will sort it in the new year, apparently my laid back, it will be right on the night attitude is infuriating my mum oops - she says its just like talking to your dad!!!!

donkir Thu 04-Dec-14 17:22:40

Congrats on making it this far everyone.
My bag is packed and in the car but only because of the risk of pre term labour otherwise I'd be leaving it until the last minute too.

BanglesSpangles Thu 04-Dec-14 17:55:22

I'm going to start picking up stuff for the bag on the next weekly shop i think- i figure even if i do want to stay at home theta always the possibility of having to go to hospital so the bag will be packed!

Memphisbelly Thu 04-Dec-14 18:00:58

I will do my bag once xmas is done and presents are out the baby room. wont wash baby stuff until then either. I have bought a nightie and pads, black towel and mini wash/shampoo though

hanflan Thu 04-Dec-14 18:02:55

Thanks for the new thread bangles!

hanflan Thu 04-Dec-14 18:07:14

Ahhhh hospital bags! I have all of the super important essentials sort of thrown around the spare room at the moment, so could grab in an emergency, but will pack proper bags (with lists and everything!) in the new year. It's too scary to think of things like that this side of Christmas grin

GeekyHybrid Thu 04-Dec-14 18:50:43

Yay, found the new thread. Thanks Bangles.

Big cheer too for you Frenetic, some good news at last. Keep the fluids up and hopefully the cold will clear before too long. The cold sores are a bit of an arse. Definitely due to stress and being run down.

On the subject of hospital bags, I've kinda thought about it ... OH actually asked about what I'd need etc.. but realistically I won't sort it until the new year. I finish work on Xmas eve, go to my mom's on Boxing day and won't be home 'til new year. About the only 'sensible' thing I'll be doing before then is taking my notes with me to my mom's just in case something starts happening whilst I'm away. I should probably google available facilities etc.. Probably won't get around to it!

ScummyWithGin Thu 04-Dec-14 19:15:42

Wooo new thread. Thanks Bangles!!

I was really hoping to concentrate on Christmas now and then baby in Jan but have started seriously thinking about this all now there is a chance BabyGin might be early. Bag not packed just yet as we should have some warning, but have made a Google doc of everything I need and shared with DH just in case we do have to make a mad dash.

The shopping list this week looks pretty crazy-mince pie ingredients, Christmas presents, crib, maternity pads.....

JacktheLab Thu 04-Dec-14 19:28:06

Checking into new thread

I've got a suitcase in the cot which I've been chucking stuff into, but not really organised tbh, I'm the same as you guys, mostly on the to do list in the new year!

jenmcspen Thu 04-Dec-14 19:56:00

I have bag packed for me as could get admitted at any time, but have a few more bits for baby etc to be labour ready grin

donkir Thu 04-Dec-14 20:34:02

It's official I can no longer shave my legs in the bath. I've just cut them to shreds hmm

BanglesSpangles Thu 04-Dec-14 20:41:12

Oh my lordy, just had a major panic, as i was really struggling to breathe. Stupidly googled all kinds of doom, and eventually, after a large series of ridiculously over-dramatic burps, realised it must have just been trapped wind. Hooray for glamorous me.

On the plus side, at least im not dying!

LittleMissSunshine33 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:50:18

Thanks Bangles smile

Congrats frenetic good news hope you're feeling better not being at work. I can't wait!

I have packed the baby's hospital bag but not mine. I did how ever buy a pair of XL Pjs thinking I'd need something big and baggy for after birth but I look ridiculous! Still 10 weeks though might fill into them!

Grinningcat Thu 04-Dec-14 21:43:22

Found you all!

Have thought about hospital bag and have bought some stuff but it's scattered around the house. My favourite buy is my bamboo birthing shirt which I have been wearing as a nightie and will be great for bf (if I manage it) too. Will pack at some point over Xmas I guess...

Day off tomorrow. Planning on resting, getting some washing done, and doing at least a bit of painting of the spare room. At my sister's for the weekend so will get precious little else done.

blankfornames Thu 04-Dec-14 21:53:36

Here you all are!

Hospital bag, sure I don't even have a buggy or a cot yet! Will have to draw up some lists fairly soon! time is ticking by fairly quickly!

WhyOWhyWouldYou Thu 04-Dec-14 22:06:26

"Hospital bag, sure I don't even have a buggy or a cot yet!" - Last time I didn't have anything else but hospital bag stuff until 37 weeks, when we moved house. Although we did order pushchair at 34weeks.

Maybe I did my hospital bag early last time then? Anyway I've written a list this evening but it seems really long, yet I dont think there is anything unnecessary on it. Wish I could remember what I used last time.

Viperama Fri 05-Dec-14 04:00:54

Thanks for the new thread Bangles.

I was up at 0830 yesterday, so why the heck can't I fall asleep? This is driving me nuts.

I can't contemplate hospital bag until the nursery is done, which should be this time next week (decorators in this week, dust sheets etc galore). We are ordering furniture etc this Sunday.

I have to put a stencil of a HUGE tree trunk and individual leaves in the wall. Tips on how to get the tree trunk straight (not wonky) as it's a one shot deal so I can't f up...?

Re poo & vom discussed last few days, I'm a first time mom, but I've had issues with both in the past so I'm sure they will feature. But I don't give a rats ass, cause I'm going to be in cave woman primal birthing zone. Rooooar! wink

blankfornames Fri 05-Dec-14 05:23:11

Whyohwhy, lovely to hear that you had nothing but your bag until 34 weeks! Makes me calm down a little!

Viper, this baba is mad for the jumps since 4. This is my day off, DH is away and have the bed to myself, yet every morning this week, have woken at 4. Very frustrating as I have a Christmas party tonight and 2m, and know they will be late nights.
Hope we fall back to sleep, but at least you know, there's two of us in it!!

blankfornames Fri 05-Dec-14 05:24:39

Sorry Whyowhy...37 weeks..so much better! When did Baba arrive?

jenmcspen Fri 05-Dec-14 05:28:34

Urgh, up all night bloody itching! This medication doesn't seem to be doing much sad

WhyOWhyWouldYou Fri 05-Dec-14 09:52:35

Feeling very sorry for myself this morning. Was up between 12-3am throwing up/painful empty stomach retching - it happens anytime I forget to have peppermint tea at dinner time (before DH thought to try that it had been every night). Its flaired up my PGP, so even after that I got very little sleep. Can barely move today. LO is also still breach and keeps pushing legs into my side causing shooting pains down that side. Oh and to top it off I've got piles for the first time in my life!

blank DS came at 41weeks. On my due date I'd still been building flat pack furniture. This time round PGP means I couldn't have been doing that 12weeks a go.

This thread is not accepting new messages.