Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2015 thread 6: our Christmas puddings are half cooked, now bring on the glow!

(1000 Posts)
BrixtonBunny Sat 29-Nov-14 08:59:47

We were getting perilously close to being full up, hope no one minds!

Siarie Sat 29-Nov-14 09:11:11

Can't believe we're all nearly half way there! It doesn't feel like I've been pregnant that long yet April seems far away.

I know I said it felt like time is speeding up but it really feels like that now. Since 16 weeks I don't know where all the time has gone!

FizzyBubbly Sat 29-Nov-14 09:13:08

Nice ending to the last thread Brixton! grin

Yep Siarie, the weeks are flying by now, not sure if I'm glad or scared!!

BrixtonBunny Sat 29-Nov-14 09:21:42

Totally agree, it's going crazy quickly now!

Both excited and scared - we're STILL trying to buy the flat we've been trying to buy for the last three months...hmm Am worried baby is going to have to live in a shoe box! And seriously worried we'll end up moving either when I'm ready to pop, or with a newborn. confused

In good news though, I've been feeling daily movement for a few weeks now, but last night baby was having a real party, and was giving me really strong kicks for around 20 minutes. DP even felt them for the first time! It was so special to be able to share that with him finally. It was really amazing.

21+3

SquattingNeville Sat 29-Nov-14 09:24:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChickenMe Sat 29-Nov-14 09:42:54

Morning all

OH put his ear to where our LO was kicking and he thinks he felt it and heard it. It's so nice to feel the baby wriggling.

22w

BrixtonBunny Sat 29-Nov-14 09:53:54

Squatting it's a nightmare! The seller needs to sort out a couple of paperwork issues regarding the lease and planning (long story) and his solicitor is being so rubbish and slow and incompetent. It's such a pain that we're wondering if we should just look elsewhere. We've seen a house that's WAY bigger, but would need total renovation, and wondering if we can take that sort of project on with a tiny baby. At least the flat is ready to move into, basically - would just need a lick of paint for now, everything else could wait.

TinyTear Sat 29-Nov-14 09:57:15

Hello all

21 today

OneDayLikeThis2013 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:01:26

Just marking my place

18+6 (and u can walk today - woo hoo!)

lila35 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:01:58

Hello new thread!!!

22+1!!

BananaToast Sat 29-Nov-14 10:15:40

Thanks for organising the new thread - can't believe we're halfway there! Definitely agree that time has sped up a bit over the last few weeks.

19+5

londonlivvy Sat 29-Nov-14 10:41:43

hi everyone. 21+3 here but apparently don't look preg (was at a party last night). whilst I'm glad not to be the size of a bus, it's a bit depressing when folk just think you've got fat...

Lauren82000 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:43:56

Still can't decide what we're doing today apart from swimming lesson and nipping out for lunch. I'm feeling rather hungry today but not sure what to have. So far I've had some soreen and a yogurt but I'm looking for savoury stuff. What's everyone else up to today anything nice?

EbwyIsUpTheDuff Sat 29-Nov-14 10:56:08

I just feel so drained of energy all the time... I'm too old for this! 4 year old, 2 year old, and this one... yawn

BananaToast Sat 29-Nov-14 10:57:48

I'm going out for lunch with DH and a friend and then going to see my parents later on. Going to stop into mamas and papas this morning too to see if we want to order our pram - eek!

BrixtonBunny Sat 29-Nov-14 11:12:15

I'm on my way to the Courtauld to see the Schiele exhibition with my best friend, then going for lunch with her and looking for some new trainers. Then later on going for dinner with DP, inlaws, DSIL and DBIL to a mangal place in Soho. It's sunny and I'm feeling happy as baby was kicking lots again this morning. grin

cinnamongreyhound Sat 29-Nov-14 11:19:54

Thanks BrixtonBunny for new thread!

Awesome 10k race this morning, so proud of my doggies, their first race together grin
Time for brekkie and then lunch at my mums and club awards and party tonight, packed day!!! Sending happy baby vibes to everyone.

21+5

BrixtonBunny Sat 29-Nov-14 11:21:59

Cinnamon you are so impressive - I cannot fathom running 10k now! grin

SquattingNeville Sat 29-Nov-14 11:57:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BonjourMinou Sat 29-Nov-14 12:35:07

Just stopping by to say something pointless so this thread shows up on the threads I'm on list...

Off to a German carol service later.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Lauren82000 Sat 29-Nov-14 12:38:25

It is not December yet therefore not Christmas at all Bah Humbug!

In all fairness my Christmas shopping is almost done but when they were playing Christmas songs yesterday on the radio they set me off crying for no reason! I haven't even cried once this pregnancy over nothing no idea where that came from

Hidingthefear Sat 29-Nov-14 14:09:12

I'm feeling christmasy and I decided to put the tree up before we go away. Wanted it to feel festive when we get back lol.

Not sure if zahrah joined us yet but I'm a first timer due 13th April and it's only in last 2 days I've felt anything I can say is movement. Not regular as such but defo there.
weve bought the mammas and pappas zoom trio set because it has everything we need an was only 300 for the lot. Don't worry about buying bigger clothes. Most people buy you cute new born stuff and then you have nothing for when they are bigger. I showed my nan what I bought to announce it was a boy as she said what the bloody he'll have you bought that for its massive. Not bothered anyway, i liked it and it's not like they don't grow into them!

dancestomyowntune Sat 29-Nov-14 14:26:23

Just marking place really. Bp has reduced nicely to 136/86 so midwives are happy for me to contact them when I need to.

Sat watching frozen with the kids and resting at the moment.

TinyTear Sat 29-Nov-14 14:33:39

Resting in bed now while dd goes for a walk with daddy. Might pop out later myself.

We are doing the tree tomorrow

Lauren82000 Sat 29-Nov-14 15:17:37

Just got in and the house is freezing had to stick my dressing gown on while I wait for the heating to kick in. wink
Watching The Croods with DD while I try not to nod off before I get tea started. Having cannelloni tonight very much looking forward to it.
Think DD might nod off actually which would be great it's not my turn for bed tonight. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.