Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2015 - thread 5 - second trimester fast approaching

(1000 Posts)
jazzyjenbo Fri 28-Nov-14 22:37:49

New thread

SunbathingCat Fri 28-Nov-14 22:39:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jazzyjenbo Fri 28-Nov-14 22:40:24

Lol logged on and we were upto 999!!

Got in there fast before loosing everyone again like last time.

Osney Fri 28-Nov-14 22:41:23

Thanks! I see August 2015 post has started....that's cool!

jazzyjenbo Fri 28-Nov-14 22:42:34

I saw that yesterday.. There are afew names from the buses aswell and one of the losses on either may or june has got another bfp!

jazzyjenbo Fri 28-Nov-14 22:46:56

JUNE STATS LIST

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/187-SzT22h7P7Foe5S0_Ba3TwU-HnDohALFohx9_AoFI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

rolypolybird84 Fri 28-Nov-14 23:11:00

Thanks to all the replies about my worries about weight/exercise,etc. I don't log on often enough to reply immediately!

Congratulations on all the recent scans!

I have a scan date now...9th Dec so I'm on the countdown ��

Sorry to ask dumb question but what is Harmony?

Feeling bizarrely normal today and enjoying it!!! I'm still awake and it's ten past 11! Unheard of!!! Hope all are feeling well.

X

Thelovecats Fri 28-Nov-14 23:17:04

Marking place smile

jazzyjenbo Fri 28-Nov-14 23:18:47

Welcome bubbly, hope you move across to this thread when u'd only just joined the other!

I hope that the rest of todays scans went well...zacchary and tash. Chicarubia did u find out the sex? 2 finding out in 1 day is amazing so early i think.

I hope the others from this week who havnt logged back in are doing well.

Tranquilitybaby Fri 28-Nov-14 23:26:27

Aww from the previous thread, thanks so much lovely ladies, don't know waft I would've done without your support over the last few weeks.

Roly have a google for the deal medicine centre and hatmony, their website explains. It's basically like a cvs or amnio, it tests for chromosomal problems but is non invasive as it's just a blood test so no risk. X

Tranquilitybaby Fri 28-Nov-14 23:26:44

*fetal not deal

Thelovecats Fri 28-Nov-14 23:46:57

Doesn't the harmony test give you the risk of the baby having downs etc and you would still have to have the cvs or amino if you wanted a definitive answer? It is more accurate than the combined test though, which is about 90% accurate I think. I have no access to it anyway because of where I live unfortunately!

Chookford Fri 28-Nov-14 23:58:39

Thanks jazzy marking place!

bubbly congrats and welcome

Must go to bed now, am shattered!! See you all tomorrow!

Bazza2 Sat 29-Nov-14 00:41:12

Bloody hell we talk a lot.

Phryn Sat 29-Nov-14 07:47:56

Morning all smile

Junebug15 Sat 29-Nov-14 08:30:17

Good Morning!
Just completed my morning routine of rushing to pee and then as quickly as I can munching a bowl of bran flakes before the dreaded queasiness kicks in.
I did notice that I don't feel quite so rotten this morning and realised I forgot my Pregnacare tablet with dinner last night.
Has anyone else found that this increases queasiness?
Just a thought.

I had no idea the babys sex could be determined at the 12 week scan. We're going on Monday evening and suddenly it throws up another decision!
DF would like to know the sex, but I've always imagined I'd want to wait until the birth.
Although I suppose we can always wait until 20 weeks.

Off to view a travel system today - ebay find!
Lime green is unisex right - haha nothing to do with being my favourite colour wink

Hope you're all waking up feeling good today smile

chicarubia Sat 29-Nov-14 08:54:18

Hi everyone,
I hope you're all having a good weekend so far. Bingo I'm sorry you have an additional worry. I have no doubt it will all be fine but it is just stressful not to have everything resolved. We had a 7 week reassurance scan that ended up begin everything but as it put us a week behind and found a blood clot that was healed by 12 weeks that we never needed to have known about.
But good news from me anyway- the Harmony results were great. The baby is clear.

Roly, basically the way it works is if you come up negative they give you a 1 in 100 000 chance of having a baby with Downs. You then don't need an amnio or CVS as you are as safe as you can be. If the result is positive you are told your chances are 'greater than 1 in 2' and because there has been the occasional false positive, they encourage you to go on and have an invasive test to confirm.

At the Fetal Medicine Centre where we went, as well as a few others on here, they also do an NT scan and check a load of other things and then give you a risk. Even though I'm 39, when they looked at everything my risk went as low as it could have been- down to 1 in 200 000. And we found out we are having a GIRL! I am so excited and OH has got over his initial disappointment (what do I do with a girl?!). Plus she has caught up a week so our due date fits exactly with LMP at 7 June. She didn't stop moving the whole scan!

So we are really counting our blessings here and I am hoping I can settle down and enjoy this pregnancy, once the queasiness and exhaustion goes, which the Dr promised would be very soon!

I'm off on holiday now to the sun (lucky me) so I wish all of you with scans and symptoms all the best for next week.

Tryingreallyhard84 Sat 29-Nov-14 09:03:15

Roly - your scan date is the same as mine. We'll count down together.

I've woken up without feeling sick for a change. Even making dh his coffee didn't push me over. We're off to the cinema this morning, maybe something to eat a d a trip to b&q for some tools. As I e not left the house in over a week, even that last bit sounds okay.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday and I'll check with you lovely ladies later. brew

cuphat Sat 29-Nov-14 09:07:36

I'm so glad that all the scans went well this week.

Bingo, fingers crossed everything is ok - it sounds promising from what others have said.

Chica, great news and congrats on your girl!

June, I've taken Pregnacare religiously for ages and I haven't had any nausea at all. I take mine straight after I've finished my dinner (so on a full stomach).

After research, I'd say DC2's gender is pretty obvious from the 12 week scan! But you have to be lucky with the shot you get I think.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 29-Nov-14 09:09:55

Marking place. Thanks for the new thread jazzy.

Is there some kind of "skull shape" theory re whether the baby is a boy or girl? Vaguely curious but accept that it is probably just an old wives tale.

cuphat Sat 29-Nov-14 09:14:10

There is a skull theory but it's not accurate, more a bit of fun. The nub theory is the one that seems pretty accurate from what I've seen (especially if you've got an obvious boy nub - girls nubs can still change up until a certain week). 13 weeks is the most accurate time apparently, and as baby was put a week ahead that's when mine was.

croon979 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:11:21

Hurrah for thread 5! Marking my spot!

I have spent hours studying my scan pics to try and have a go at the nub theory but they aren't that clear so I have no clue!

I told my work about my pregnancy this week. I was a little nervous as I have just been promoted to a partner of the firm but my partners have been great which was such a relief!

Cuphat, I also haven't had any nausea really at all but have taken pregnacare religiously too.

Great news about scans everyone smile

jazzyjenbo Sat 29-Nov-14 10:27:17

June, dont worry you cannot tell definitely from a normal nhs scan what you are having at 12 weeks.... We are all using nub and skull theories to guess the babys sex... The 2 who know for definite have paid privately for the Harmony tests which offer the chance of finding out the sex early.
You could ask the sonographer to hav a guess but they wont confirm for definite.... Mine showed us between the legs liking upwards and she said maybe a boy but could still change to a girl.
Chic - congrats on the results and the girly!
We are 50/50 pink and blue!

croon979 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:44:28

I have just had the post and got my results from the nuchal blood test. Screen negative and risk assessed at 1:15,0000. That sounds like v good odds to me but not really got anything to compare it to?

rolypolybird84 Sat 29-Nov-14 10:47:45

Ok thanks all! Unfortunately I can't afford it so won't be able to do it! My brother has Down's Syndrome but that doesn't place and higher chance as far as I'm aware.

Trying that is exciting! We don't have too much longer to wait!!!

I'm feeling almost normal today...at almost 10 weeks I'm telling myself I'm out of the woods...

X

This thread is not accepting new messages.