Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July Thread 3 - I can't KEEP CALM, I'm Pregnant! The one where the hormones start to kick in...

(1000 Posts)
misseskimo Fri 28-Nov-14 17:18:15

Had a rather un-original attempt at a new name! Hop across ladies!

Hoping the stats link works...

Stats Link

Leela5 Fri 28-Nov-14 17:21:48

Nice one miss. Marking place

Zampa Fri 28-Nov-14 17:21:51

Thanks miss!

WantToGoingTo Fri 28-Nov-14 17:27:13

Love the name!

Broody I have IBS and before pg, I would rarely go, maybe once a week? Since being pregnant I have gone every day! (Unheard of for me) and tmi alert pretty loose. Definitely no constipation here. Had horrible IBS stomach cramps though, and very gassy blush

Second day back at work today after my exam, everything has been dumped on me, you would have thought I would be given a day or so to catch up! Only two days at work this week and I am so tired. So glad it's the weekend and I can enjoy it without revision/guilt! smile

UltimateDuck Fri 28-Nov-14 17:29:41

Hello new thread <waves>. I will do my best to keep up with this one.

Feeling bloated today as if my insides are stretching (which they are I guess), but other than that and a bit of tiredness I'm feeling good. Trying to enjoy it before the nausea kicks in.
Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

5+3

UltimateDuck Fri 28-Nov-14 17:31:45

Oh and to contribute to the current conversation, I have had many 'interesting' and varied poos over the last week. grin

Leela5 Fri 28-Nov-14 17:33:11

Honestly I've gone from one end if spectrum to the other! Pregnancy is not glamorous

WantToGoingTo Fri 28-Nov-14 17:40:01

Forgot to add!

6+0!

smallgreenbanana Fri 28-Nov-14 17:45:28

8+0! grin Got my booking appointment on Thursday.

I can testify to much similar and varied unglamorousness this past week or so... blush

Had 2 beautiful hours this morning when I felt completely normal -- I was laughing and chatting with colleagues and got lots of work done. Lunchtime = nasty attack of nausea, came home early. confused Hope I feel better for Christmas day!

I am thinking of all ladies who are having worrisome symptoms... flowers

smallgreenbanana Fri 28-Nov-14 17:47:49

Oh, and sharp stabby pains today. confused Hope it's just things stretching now bean is about 2cm?

WantToGoingTo Fri 28-Nov-14 17:51:23

small I've been having the same, stretchy stabby

misseskimo Fri 28-Nov-14 17:56:02

Finally got my kitten cuddles so I'm happy for now smile

Say hello to my youngest fur baby, Maisie!

(excuse the dodgy outfit, not feeling well = comfy sweats day!)

7+5

Leela5 Fri 28-Nov-14 17:57:05

Stretchy is normal smile

Forgot to say 6+6

smallgreenbanana Fri 28-Nov-14 17:59:22

Also forgot to mention that sense of smell now so sensitive that man sitting next to me on the train this morning smelt absolutely revolting! Like grease and stale grease and yak urine! I'm sure his personal hygiene was not actually that bad in reality! confused

Thepurplegiraffe Fri 28-Nov-14 18:05:11

Thanks for the new thread and link to the stats.
I can confirm I have also been the opposite of constipatedhmm
Keeping my fingers crossed for those that are anxious right now.

Supershiv1 Fri 28-Nov-14 18:18:40

Yay new thread!
Told my best if today. She's having IVF in January so wanted to tell her before she sussed it out. She was really pleased - phew.
7+0

Ceejay14 Fri 28-Nov-14 18:43:52

Marking my place.
I had my first pregnant commute into London yesterday with no chance of a seat. Horrendous! Much admiration for you ladies who are doing this daily. I'll never complain about driving an hour round the m25 again!

TouchPauseEngage Fri 28-Nov-14 18:54:29

Lovely sparkly new thread!

Hello ladies. Enjoying the bowel chat grin I'm constipated, bloated and farty. Very very sexy.
Sickness hasn't been too bad - just the odd wave of nausea- but boobs still hurting so hoping I'm just one of the lucky ones who avoid it!
Been reading 'expecting better' as recommended on the last thread. It is a very refreshing read and I really recommend it. Only £3.75 on kindle.

TouchPauseEngage Fri 28-Nov-14 18:55:19

Oops 9+1

WantToGoingTo Fri 28-Nov-14 19:08:13

9+1 touch you are so far along! Your scan must be soon?

Haven't even gone to booking in yet, don't have that til 18th

TouchPauseEngage Fri 28-Nov-14 19:14:19

I had booking on Tuesday and she said that I'd get scan date end of this week beginning of next- no sign yet- it could be any time from 11-13 weeks. My blood and pee tests are all back and ok, though I only know this because my mum works at my GP's surgery!

I look a lot further on too. I'm look very very pregnant, though I know this is a bloating.

DustOffYourHighestHopes Fri 28-Nov-14 19:16:25

Good news Miss - good luck for the scan on Monday too.

So, dilemma here. Basically I don't want to tell MIL we were pregnant until as late as possible. Last time we asked her not to tell anyone and she told a friend (not even a good friend, she said in her 'defence') the next night at a party. I was incandescent. It's partly down to my hormones, also down to the fact I'm quite private - but mostly because the risk of miscarriage is so high in the first few weeks that I felt she was really taking something that was private and precious and terrifying and treating it like village gossip.

Now apparently DH wants to go and visit this coming weekend. Apart from the fact I feel awful, I will not be able to hide this pregnancy from her as it is retching-central in the Dust household this week. I'm also fatter (as has been discussed, ahem!).

There's not really a dilemma. We have to go. But am irrationally cross.

itsnotthatdeep Fri 28-Nov-14 19:36:47

hello ladies we are Still in quarantine up at mums due to the flea fog bombs (its awful being waited on hand and foot wink)

im still horrendously tired and very nauseous if I leave it too long to eat.

otherwise I cant wait for Tuesday and my booking in appt

fx and hugs for all those with dodgy bellies
8+4

TouchPauseEngage Fri 28-Nov-14 19:50:24

Dust just don't say ANYTHING!

If she asks outright ignore the question, if she hints, brush it off. Refuse to give her a deffinite answer. She might guess of course, but then all she can do is tell friends she thinks you're pregnant.

OR

Say you have noro virus and stay at home!
(I'd do the lattergrin)

Sarkymare Fri 28-Nov-14 20:07:43

Thanks for the new thread miss smile

I'm 22 from Bristol btw if someone wants to add that to the stats ( I'm clueless)

This thread is not accepting new messages.