Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2015! Come join me :-)

(997 Posts)
LoopyLa Mon 24-Nov-14 13:48:47

Just got my bfp today & due 3rd August (or thereabouts!).

Anyone else fancy coming aboard?

Loopyla, 37 yrs old, due 3 Aug, dc#2

Brummiegirl15 Mon 24-Nov-14 19:09:09

Hi Loopy

I'm waving tentatively from the sidelines. Not quite brave enough to join you yet...

Here are my stats

Brummiegirl15, 38, TTC#1, MC in May 14 at 5 weeks, and 2nd MC in August 14 at 9 weeks.

Currently only 3.5 weeks (short cycles!) but my EDD is 7th August

Very nervous about being in ante natal clubs so going lurk a bit.. Congrats on your BFP though!

LoopyLa Mon 24-Nov-14 19:25:41

Welcome Brummiegirl smile

Understandable about your hesitancy, I hope you become permanent soon! So sorry to hear of your previous losses sad

Take care & hope everything works out for you x

LoopyLa Tue 25-Nov-14 05:56:33

Bumping to see if anyone got a bfp this morning?!? grin

MissingDietCoke Tue 25-Nov-14 12:19:23

Hi Ladies, and congratulations! I am also tentatively joining you! Got my BFP yesterday, will be due 2nd August if all goes to plan.

I'm MissingDietCoke, 33, this will be dc2 (and final!)

Conflicting feelings at the moment as planned for and obviously utterly delighted, but due to start a new job in January and slightly nightmare timing. It's taken us 6 months this time, dc1 is 20 months old.

Fingers crossed for us all, and looking forwards to sharing the journey x

LoopyLa Tue 25-Nov-14 12:24:09

Welcome Missing! smile

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 25-Nov-14 13:53:36

Hi everyone. Congrats for being here and flowers for everyone who has suffered a loss before. It is a mixed emotion. So sad when you want to be happy but can't!
Got my bfp yesterday. I wasn't going to join until I felt a bit safer, but I'm having a little wobble already (it took me a long time to get here). Sorry, I know I've only just met you so beware a little tmi coming. I'm having off white creamy/watery discharge that is looking a little yellowy on pantyliner. My cm normally goes yellowly before my AF so I'm shitting it.
Thoughts/advice/anyone else? is this normal? I had dd1 6 years ago, but paid no attention then!

Thanks x

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 25-Nov-14 13:54:41

Oh and I'm cramping. I'm not freaked out by this though as I remember massively cramping last time and needing to take paracetamol.

gakay Tue 25-Nov-14 14:33:43

Hi ladies. Have been debating whether to join this club as am feeling rather insecure with this pg.

Anyway, this is me:
I'm gakay, 33, TTC #1, MC in Oct @~6 weeks. EDD 31/7 or 1/8 (hope you don't mind me joining here but don't feel I belong to the July club where everyone is so much further along)

Hope I get to stay here for long

gakay Tue 25-Nov-14 14:48:21

missing hope everything with your new job and pg will work out fine for you but can understand it's probably stressing you out a bit.

allchat sorry but I've got no useful advice. But like most things in pg, it's probably normal like your cramps. Though have been having a bit of twinges which are freaking me out and am checking my pants every hour

Guyropes Tue 25-Nov-14 18:04:01

Hello peeps...
Nice to meet you all, and nice to be at the beginning of a new month/thread!....thanks for the welcome laloopy. Can quite understand how you're feeling gakay... I thought I was due end of July but then I did the actual mumsnet due date calculator which says not! The July thread has a lot of people on already.

Sorry to hear some of you have had a long and difficult journey getting here and understandably feeling cautious.. I hope your dreams come true this time Brummiegirl and gakay .

I got here by accident, but it's very much my heart's desire.

So I'm due #3 to a new partner ( will be #3 for us both but 1st together) on 2/8/15 age 36. Feeling scared.

What are you supposed to do? Make an appointment with gp or go straight to midwife? Feeling really confused!! What about folio acid? How much are you supposed to take?

Guyropes Tue 25-Nov-14 18:05:43

Allchat... Hope your discharge settles and stops making you anxious soon .

LoopyLa Tue 25-Nov-14 18:12:30

Welcome welcome welcome everyone! <passes round cake> smile

Need to write more but just a quick answer to Guyropes. I phoned my GP this morning to tell them
I was pregnant & they made appt for the MW. Mines the 23rd Dec grin

Guyropes Tue 25-Nov-14 20:04:33

Ah, that's helpful... I'm not used to telling the receptionist much... Normally just ask for an appointment with the nurse/ dr.
Went to the supermarket at school picking up time, needed to buy frolic acid... Felt really self conscious as a lot of other parents in the supermarket... Reminded me of being a teenager and buying condoms!

I will be going near the gp surgery tomorrow so I'll pop in and see what appointment they give me... 23rd seems a long way off: doesn't give them much time to book an early scan? Sorry, loopy, don't mean to worry you. Perhaps you have done this all a bit more recently than me, and know how it works. With my dc there was no early scan, just 20 week anomaly scan.

LAM1 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:06:00

So LoopyLa pointed me in this direction....I'm just going to hand around in the background for now. If all goes to plan it will be #1 for us, I got a BFP on Friday - 10 DPO, then Saturday evening had a bit of bleeding. Sunday morning thought AF was on her way. However that soon stopped. Did another text last night and the line is stronger. Fingers crossed!!
I have PCOS and this was cycle 4 of clomid, hadn't even ovulated on the previous cycles! I haven't rung the clinic yet as I have a feeling they will tell me off for testing before day 42, oohhppps! Then I guess I need to ring the GP.
Sorry to hear some of you have had long journeys, hopefully August will be a good month for us all!! Just done a EED calculator and it gave 3rd August.
For now I am just going to lurk (and not google all sorts of baby things) until I feel more confident....

LoopyLa Tue 25-Nov-14 20:58:03

Guyropes yes the early scan is one I'll get privately, just because I like that reassurance. I had one with my first pregnancy as all my symptoms disappeared & I got worried - that little heartbeat is wonderful to hear for the first time smile

Brummiegirl15 Tue 25-Nov-14 22:36:14

Ooh new people - glad I'm not the only scaredycat on here! <waves to allchat and gakay >
I'm feeling twingey and crampy too - it's scaring the living shit out of me but I do need to remind myself it's normal..

Hello to everyone, glad others are joining us!

Brummiegirl15 Tue 25-Nov-14 22:38:23

Oh and to answer your question Guy I'll be getting an early scan from EPAU at the hospital due to my history.

Can't see doc until next week though and then I'll sort out midwife appointment

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 26-Nov-14 09:34:22

More tmi, but I had brown mixed with cm when I went for no2 this morning.
This has freaked me out and I'm so scared this is going to end badly.
I was hoping cramps were good thing re implantation, but now I'm shitting myself that it could be the start of something I can't even bring myself to write down.
I'm praying.

mrsfazruns Wed 26-Nov-14 10:05:32

Can I join please .... Too scared to join July group and I have calculates 28 July so everyone else a few weeks ahead of me!!

I'm 31 have one DS who is 17 so big age gap for me .... Terrified of going back to nappies!!

TTC cycle 1 ..... BOOM BFP last week after thinking I was out due to what I think must have been implant bleed!! I'm still in shock as know it takes people so much longer to conceive!! Feeling very blessed but terrified at the same time!!

Bring in summer 2015 x

Shantotto Wed 26-Nov-14 10:10:32

Hi everyone! I did a clear blue digital this morning as my period hadn't appeared overnight and it was due today and got a positive!

Not sure of all the acronyms yet but I'll give it a go - shantotto, 35, TTC#1, been trying since around February.

Last period was 1st November, so does this mean it's 4 weeks? I'd like to tell my folks at Christmas but wondering if that will be too soon - roughly think that'll be almost 8 weeks?

It's all so confusing right now! I'm trying not to worry about what could go wrong and be positive but as a very anxious person generally I'm struggling! I almost can't believe it's happening!

mrsfazruns Wed 26-Nov-14 10:25:13

Shantotto .... Huge congratulations!!! By my calculations you'll be 4 weeks on Saturday!! I only for my BFP on Saturday and did another 6 tests just to make sure lol!! I've told my family .... I figured if anything goes wrong I would tell them anyway but not told anyone else!!

upthewolves Wed 26-Nov-14 12:30:23

Hello ladies, can I join!! I have just got bfp and due date of 1 Aug! I'm 30, this will be DC1... and this is our first month of trying. Tbh I am in complete shock and very scared. I wanted this so badly but wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly!

Shantotto I know how you feel as I'm also quite an anxious person!

Plus I live in Australia and both my parents and my fiance's parents live in the UK so we are going to be doing this without support.... tell me it'll all be fine, girls!!

Brummiegirl15 Wed 26-Nov-14 13:08:40

Hello to all new peeps!!

Shantotto my last period was 31st October so day before yours. Which makes me 4 weeks on Friday and a due date of 7th August - so you'll be the 8th!

Lovely to see lots of new BFP's appearing

MissingDietCoke Wed 26-Nov-14 13:27:57

Hello everyone that's joined since yesterday, our numbers are going up fast!!

To all those with cramping and more CM than normal - me too! However, I remember really clearly that I had both of these things when I was in the early stages of pregnancy with my daughter, when I was terrified, so I'm thinking positive this time.

I haven't told my DH yet, there hasn't seemed to be the perfect moment since I did the test on Monday night, but tonight I'm going to pick my daughter up from nursery and make her a little note to pass to her Daddy saying she's going to be a big sister. Eeeek!!! I'm excited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now