Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd baby after PND support

(3 Posts)
inthewoods4 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:21:40

Hi ladies, I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I had quite nasty PND with my first, and am a little nervous about it happening again. I thought it might be nice to have a support thread for other mums feeling the same. XXX

supersupersupershock Wed 26-Nov-14 08:46:16

Hi I am about 6 weeks with my second. I had PND with first which was about 10 years ago. Have just come off fluoxetine since finding out am PG. Am single and 42 so not ideal situation but have always wanted another... I am scared about getting it too. Got first midwife appt next week so going to speak to her about it. Have you had any professional advice?

inthewoods4 Fri 05-Dec-14 12:21:55

Hi Super, I'm sorry, I only just noticed your reply! I'm staying on citalopram - as advised by the midwife. Since PND four years ago I tend to suffer with a bit of anxiety, which is normally controlled but I get the odd week where it's horrible. So I really don't want to come off them, especially with all the pregnancy hormones raging around. I think a lot of my anxiety is more the fear of feeling anxious/getting PND. It's a vicious cycle! XX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now