Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2015 - thread four - second trimester glow calling!

(1000 Posts)
SunbathingCat Sun 16-Nov-14 12:38:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ToriB34 Sun 16-Nov-14 13:05:28

AnythingNotEverything Sun 16-Nov-14 13:11:07

Thanks for the new thread. Just marking my place.

I think an afternoon nap is calling ...

Jackiebrambles Sun 16-Nov-14 13:19:23

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm just settling down with a book and will drop off for a nap whilst DS naps.

I feel utterly shattered today. DH took DS out yesterday morn and today as well to give me a break but I'm still fucking shattered! Feel so useless and guilty, when DS wakes I'm hoping he'll be content with a Disney flick or cbeebies! (Crap mum alert).

God tell me this tiredness gets better!! I'm 8+1.

Hope everyone is resting up x

Boofsandboss Sun 16-Nov-14 13:27:40

Yay new thread!! Hope everyone is okay, I keep worrying over little things which is starting to get me down, I did have a little bit of blood earlier! Only a wipes work and it was pink! I don't know weither to call midwife or not, I'm not having cramps except trapped gas and I haven't had anymore blood since! I got my scan a week tomorrow, what should I do? confused

rolypolybird84 Sun 16-Nov-14 13:36:56

Hello ladies! I've been reading this thread for weeks, only posted once to introduce myself a few weeks ago!

I'm feeling a bit braver as now 8 weeks! Due 29th June so one of the last! I've escaped without too much nausea and no actual sickness but currently on a very cramped/hot/smelly bus and think there's a risk things might change!

Saw midwife for booking in a few days ago, despite knowing my dates she went by LMP so she has me one week ahead so I will have my scan a little early. I did tell her but she didn't seem concerned!!!

Hope everybody is feeling healthy well today. Some of you are pretty much at 2nd trimester mine feels miles away! X

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 16-Nov-14 13:58:46

We are a chatty lot!

Marking place for later.

Gr33dyeggs Sun 16-Nov-14 14:10:19

boofs sorry you're worried. Everyone is different and pregnancies develop differently. But if I were to get pink spotting again I would ask for a high Vaginal swab to rule out infection after my recent miscarriage experience.

Glad some of you are feeling better and have had positive scans!

Girls, I'm a bit lost what to do! I had so set my heart on a baby b4 Sept so as DS and them would be at primary school together. I really want to TTC again until December but feel a bit silly and selfish, plus OH is very worried I'll mc again (although I can't find evidence to support this).

Chookford Sun 16-Nov-14 14:25:42

Marking place thanks sun

purplebiro Sun 16-Nov-14 14:27:44

Hi all - can't believe we're on thread 4 already!

Starting the torturous process of clearing out the spare room and turning into baby's room this week - would be excited were it not so completely full of crap - thank god no one's needed to stay with us for a while.

iwantkhaleesiseyebrows Sun 16-Nov-14 14:35:31

Thanks for new thread.

Just marking place - been absent last few days as DD really poorly with tonsilitis hmm

Feeling chronically tired but I think in part due to DD's coughing keeping us awake all night.

Phryn Sun 16-Nov-14 14:40:19

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the support regarding scanxiety. It's really nice to be able to write exactly how you feel and know that other people understand. I feel better today after an encouraging time at church with good friends (followed by a sadly disappointing milkshake but you can't have everything wink)

Tori I'll be thinking of you on Wed and in the run up. What time's your scan? Mine's at 12:35.

Gr33dy have you been medically advised to wait before trying or is your DH just feeling understandable wobbly about trying again soon after the mc? I was told after the mc (occured at 6-8 weeks, completed naturally) that there was no medical reason to wait but that waiting one cycle would help with dating. I had a BFN a week after the miscarriage completed so my hcg levels dropped quickly. My acupuncturist (started sessions after thr mc) reccomended taking Floradix for a week to boost the iron that I'd lost. I got pregnant in the WTF cycle - DH and I weren't conciously trying just didn't use any protection. GP surgery did bloods after my BFP to check I was really pregnant and I asked them to check my progesterone as well as the hcg. The progesterone was really high - suggesting this may have helped the pregnancy to stick or take in the first place, it was higher than usual because I'd so recently been pregnant. From my reading elevated progesterone can go some way to explaining why some women seem to be more fertile after a mc.

Hope that helps in some way. Also really encourage you and your DP to really talk about it and what you are both ready for. It definitely helps to process it together. Good luck with whatever you do and hoping for a sticky bean for you soon.

perrinelli Sun 16-Nov-14 14:46:53

Hi there, I've been lurking but feel ready to come out of the woodwork a bit! Have been v anxious following mmc in July and symptoms have been coming and going a bit. But had lovely reassuring early scan last weds - 8 + 4 then and due 22/6. Got my 12 wk scan date through too for 4/12 so suddenly doesn't feel so far away. Will be bit before 12w as lmp dates put me a wk later than I am. If anyone is still doing stats - this will be dc3, have 2 DDs aged 3 and 6. mmc in July and mc in between my 2 DDs. Sickness has definitely eased a but last week or so and is only really bad between breakfast and lunch. Have been appreciating the satsuma suggestion tho any hint of a pip makes me retch!!

enviousllama Sun 16-Nov-14 14:47:40

enviousllama Sun 16-Nov-14 14:56:20

ots Sun 16-Nov-14 14:57:50

Wow another new thread. We're catching up the May AN group smile

Been having some stomach pains again, but they are not sudden pains, just like a constant dull ache. Trying not to worry as it doesn't actually hurt. But I'm so scared that I'm going to get bad news at the scan. Its 10 days to go now, just got to hold on.

We're at the in-laws today. Its MIL's birthday and we've been to an Indian buffet restaurant. It was so nice but feeling so bloated now!

Hope you're all OK smile

iwantkhaleesiseyebrows Sun 16-Nov-14 15:02:51

Good luck for upcoming scans this week.

My 12 week scan isn't until 2/12 though I have harmony test scan at 10+3 on Thursday at fetal medicine centre...

Tryingreallyhard84 Sun 16-Nov-14 15:10:13

Wow - another thread!!

Boofs - fingers crossed all okay.

Ots - I'm the same, a minor dull ache. Its hard not to get worried even though it could be nothing.

Rolypolybird84 - I find a feel worse when on the bus/tram. No matter how fine I felt before I got on. Plus, the person with the worst BO/perfume/fag smoke smell ALWAYS sits next to me. I had to get off two stops early as I could feel myself of the brink of sickness. Hope you're off the bus now. smile

I've been planning some sight seeing in Berlin today. Going the week before Christmas to see the markets. I love Germany but the weekend before Christmas seemed like such a good idea BEFORE I was pregnant. Been looking at places to eat and managed to make myself feel quite sick now (but also ravenously hungry for things I can't get hold of!)

I feel like I've wasted my weekend with doing random stuff and back to work tomorrow with meetings with idiots. Yay.

Orville82 Sun 16-Nov-14 15:40:04

Gr33dy although this is my first pregnancy, my best friend suffered miscarriages last year with a MMC in January, fell pregnant again pretty quickly and had another horrible MC in April. All of her friends and family were begging her to let her body recover but she's a stubborn cow wink. She then fell pregnant quicker than anyone thought and this year had a beautiful healthy son. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that as long as you're ready mentally and your doctor doesn't see any physical reason against it, it's yours and OH's decision entirely. You have to go with what you feel is right.

Thelovecats Sun 16-Nov-14 15:43:21

Marking place on new thread smile

sparkle17 Sun 16-Nov-14 15:48:11

I'm on the longest train back to edinburgh from london. Had great weekend though.

Thanks for the new thread.

Trip to Berlin sounds great trying. I'm sure you will be feeling better by then.

I've got a private scan on Tuesday at 9 weeks. Scaniexity is a great way to describe the feelings about it.

SunbathingCat Sun 16-Nov-14 15:49:21

SunbathingCat Sun 16-Nov-14 15:54:41

bubalou Sun 16-Nov-14 16:25:01

Marking place.

Another Wednesday scan here too! Seems to be a few of us.

smile

Tranquilitybaby Sun 16-Nov-14 16:42:43

Marking my place.

Hi roly

I'm exhausted today despite falling asleep in front of X Factor at 9pm last night. Really want to stay up for I'm a Celeb tonight but it probably won't happen! Lol

Lovely DH is cooking a roast pork dinner. I've requested cauliflower cheese to go with it as I really fancy that for some reason. X

This thread is not accepting new messages.