Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

April 2015 thread 5: where we hit the half way point and determine the sexes

(1000 Posts)
TheBooMonster Wed 12-Nov-14 15:07:51

Hi Everyone.

Our previous thread is here and our stats thread is here Do make sure you update your details there if you haven't already smile

TheBooMonster Wed 12-Nov-14 15:12:45

Misty414, 30, #1 edd 25th March
RiverRocks, 30, #1, EDD 26th March
Fingerscrossed 36, 33, #2 EDD 1st April
Lila35, 35, #1, EDD 3rd April
minipie, 34, #2, EDD 4th April - Girl
LadyStinky, 35, #1 EDD 5th April
Cinnamongreyhound, 33, #3 edd 6th April
BrixtonBunny, 26, #1 edd 8th April
TinyTear, 41, DD2 EDD 11th April
TheBooMonster, 25, DC2 EDD 11th April but may be induced early!
Chiliplant, ?, #1, EDD 11th April
Mamabear0315, 24, #2, EDD 12th April
Wineandchoccy, 33, #1, EDD 14th April
AbiBanbury, 38, #1 EDD 18th April (but ovulate early so likely to be more like 14th)
BitchPeas #2 EDD 19th April
BonjourMinou, 32, #2, EDD 19th April
Kismac, 29 #1, EDD 19th April
NinnynoodleNoo, 37, #6, EDD 19th April
SquattingNeville, 24, #2, EDD 20th April
BananaToast, 26, #1, EDD 20th April
CherryLips1980, 34, #2, EDD 21st April
Chococroc, 31, #1, EDD 22nd April, (but will likely be a couple of weeks earlier due to health condition)
Lauren82000, 30 #2 EDD 22nd April
Ivegotacavetroll, 30 #1 EDD 23rd April
MustBeDueSomeBetterFeet, #2 EDD 23rd April
LadyNovember, 24, #1, EDD 23rd April
Mswibble - 29, #1, EDD 24th April
HippoPottyMouth, 38, #3, EDD 25th April
FreedomHuntress, 40, #2, EDD 27th April. Girl.
Siarie, 26, #1, EDD 27th April
JaneyTea, 34, #1. EDD 29th April
catsofa 35, #1, EDD 30th April

This is what we've got on the stats thread atm, though the opening post is much bigger which confuses me, not sure if that was post 12 week scan and these are EDD's from scans?

TheBooMonster Wed 12-Nov-14 15:17:23

Our sister Miscarriage survival thread is here for anyone post past miscarriage who doesn't already know about them. We've got some cross over, and everyone is welcome here, but there is some benefit to also being able to chat to ladies who have also experienced losses if you have.

FreedomHuntress Wed 12-Nov-14 15:17:30

Good work, Boo!
I think we may have lost some people, either through MCs or people just don't have the time or inclination to post any more. Or they've moved to March or May!
Maybe we can do a new stats thread once all the people who want to find out genders in advance know what they are having?

TheBooMonster Wed 12-Nov-14 15:21:00

Also who here is interested in a Facebook group? I'm in an organised mood, so was thinking of setting up an April group on there for us MN ladies, complete with bump buddies and possibly a secret stalk?

I don't want it to take over the use of this thread though, but it would be useful for posting up bump pics, scan pics, nursery pics and baby pics when they eventually happen, and for collating files for things like hospital bags, what you do (and don't) need for new borns etc

TheBooMonster Wed 12-Nov-14 15:21:44

Sounds like a plan freedom

SquattingNeville Wed 12-Nov-14 15:34:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheBooMonster Wed 12-Nov-14 15:38:38

oops neville at least you both forgot I suppose... unless he's planning on surprising you this evening :P

mswibble Wed 12-Nov-14 15:43:21

I'd be up for the FB thing boo.

I've heard such horror stories about breastfeeding and I recently found out that my friend, who I always thought was the most serene, natural new mum, was actually close to tears every time she fed her baby.she was in agony for months the poor love but she hid it ridiculously well.
The breast feeding breakfast thing sounds interesting, will have a search to see what's in my area.

Lauren82000 Wed 12-Nov-14 15:43:29

I know what you mean about lights squatting. I'm at work till 6 and although the lights are on all day I do notice it more when the sun starts going down.
Just sat looking at my notification to take maternity leave form and can't really be bothered working out when I'm coming back to work. I need to check the flexible working policy and speak to my line manager and payroll to see what dropping a day will do to my wages. If it's as much as a full day in nursery I might as well do it that way I only have to pay for 2&1/2 days and DH will be much happier as he wanted DD in as little as we could manage.

Wineandchoccy Wed 12-Nov-14 15:49:11

Afternoon all, Thanks for the new thread Boo

I've just had my risk assessment for work and my boss was lovely and said whatever I need to make work easier I can buy and put it on expenses, mmm now what shall I buy grin

My mum struggled breast feeding my 2 brothers and got mastitis so didn't even try with me.

I've just followed somebody around Primark to ask them what make there pram was it was gorgeous, the baby girl was pretty cute as well smile I'm off to google how much it is.

Wineandchoccy Wed 12-Nov-14 15:50:22

Oh and in answer to the facebook question I'm not on facebook blush I've just never been interested in it.

littleluna89 Wed 12-Nov-14 15:50:41

if people either add me on Facebook or pm me their Facebook names / links we can get the Facebook group running, I'm https://www.facebook.com/claire.collis

TheBooMonster Wed 12-Nov-14 15:52:58

lauren I think work has to assume that you're taking the full year, so you don't need to work all that out till later, I kept trying to tell my boss I was only taking the 39 weeks and he kept talking over me, so I eventually took that as a hint that I wasn't meant to tell him O.o I could be wrong though!

cinnamongreyhound Wed 12-Nov-14 15:56:48

My mum didn't even try to bf me or my brother and wasn't happy that I bf my boys, was a very tough horrible time sad. With ds1 I had very engorged breasts, was told by several midwives my latch was good until another one told me it wasn't by which point I had holes in my nipples and thrush. Treated thrush and healed quickly, I learned and he learned and everything was easy by 8weeks, I'm damn stubborn and dh has tonnes of allergies so I didn't want to give up. Dh wasn't bf because his mum had a emcs and was told she would have bad milk sad but she bf his older sister so was quite supportive.

I'm happy to be on fb group but agree with whoever it was before that I don't want to abandon the thread for those who don't have it or new people who come along a bit late.

cinnamongreyhound Wed 12-Nov-14 15:59:38

I am treasurer on the local preschool committee and I do that wages and I'm in the process of sorting smp for one lady, there is no need to tell anyone now. You will need to arrange a returning to work meeting with work to finalise things once you've had the baby.

cowbiscuits Wed 12-Nov-14 16:10:29

Hello

i seem to have dropped off the list of stats- although to be fair I've not been following the threads very well. Can I be added again? I want to try and keep up now!

Cowbiscuits 35 #2. EDD 24th April.

Hope everyone is OK.

I've wasted an entire day on the computer doing everythign except studying. I have an assignment plan, and literature searches to be done before a meeting with my tutor on Friday and I just cant be arsed. I've got a big piece of work to be done be done for the new year. Just too distracted.

Have had a cold for about 3 weeks now. I'm rarely ill and hadn't had a day off work with a cold in over 3 years. It's just going now- anyone else noticing their weaker immune system?

Another strange thing, at 16 weeks my boobs have finally decided to start growing. With DS I'd gone up two cup sizes by 9 weeks pg and they were sore, only just starting to feel tender and have gone up by about half a cupsize.

TinyTear Wed 12-Nov-14 16:38:32

Thanks Boo and also for linking to the mc thread. I'm on both...

And yes for facebook. I'm up for it...

In other news heard newbie s heartbeat today at my birth options clinic and they okd my elcs
Hooray

TinyTear Wed 12-Nov-14 16:44:31

Littleluna check your fb messages, I sent you my name

FreedomHuntress Wed 12-Nov-14 16:52:31

I'm not out to anyone yet as pregnant, so I will keep off the FB group for now. Am keeping really low key, just enjoying it just being us who knows for now (and that psychic shop keeper at the airport!). Planning on telling PIL after the 20 week scan, all being well.
I'm finding this thread pretty quiet, please don't all desert us for the Fb group!

My mother BFed me in the mid-seventies, am sure she did my younger siblings too. MIL also BFed her children. Am the only one on my side to have children, DH's side has SIL who didn't BF any of hers, and other SIL has one, and didn't BF either. I BFed DS, only stopping just before he was two as we felt my age and BFing on demand weren't helping us conceive DC2. I don't really understand not even trying - if you can, it must be so much easier than carting bottles around, getting up at night to make up formula, the cost of buying formula, using the milk designed for another species, when it really isn't ideal for humans ...

Sorry your mother was not supportive, cinnamon - I don't even get that mentality!

Which pram is it, Wine?

Floppypotato Wed 12-Nov-14 16:52:57

A little late to the party here... smile

But I'm due 7th April 2014 - FTM!

Got my 20 week scan on Monday but we're not planning on finding out the sex... unless I crack!

Nice to be in the club as it were!

FreedomHuntress Wed 12-Nov-14 17:00:23

Welcome, floppy! smile
And welcome back, cowbiscuits!

Lauren82000 Wed 12-Nov-14 17:06:23

Haha love your name Floppy. Made me chuckle. I need a wee but the library is so nice and toasty and if I nip next door to the loo I'll freeze my nipples off. Going to have to go though don't think I can hold it much longer confused

Siarie Wed 12-Nov-14 17:06:54

I would be up for a Facebook group, I'm worried about the amount of time I'm spending on mums net and it would be good to have a second option in case I have to leave.

I literally am wasting my days browsing the active topics list.

Floppypotato Wed 12-Nov-14 17:10:27

Dear God!! I wrote 2014! Sorry 2015!! Otherwise I would SERIOUSLY be in the wrong club!

Thanks for the welcome smile

Lauren - I feel your pain! Though don't hold it too long and end up with a UTI (tmi?!) like me...

I'm up for a Facebook group for sure. I feel like a proper mum to be now I'm an MN'er - crikey!

This thread is not accepting new messages.