Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2015 Thread #9 - Crossing legs and fingers for the final stretch!

(1000 Posts)
KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 08:02:05

Welcome to the third trimester ladies!

Stats here

Nesspot Mon 27-Oct-14 08:08:40

Just popping in to say hello! I'm 28 weeks today. grin. Can't believe how fast the last few months have been - hopefully the next 3 will fly in too! Roll on Jan! xxx

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 08:56:33

Hiya nesspot!! Happy 28 weeks!!! I'm still happy for the time to drag at the moment. I'm still nowhere near ready!! xx

30+4

EmmaJan2015 Mon 27-Oct-14 09:10:07

Really flagging today! I woke up at 3.30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I now feel (and look) like a zombie. I could really do with a double espresso right now.

Ages and ages until my maternity leave as i'm planning on working up until mid-Jan. I do have a few weeks holiday to use up this year at least so i'll get a bit of a break and can finish getting everything ready then.

We've only got one big purchase left to get now - the pushchair/travel system - I keep changing my mind!

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 09:22:22

Mid Jan aww. When are you due Emma?

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 09:23:15

What's your shortlist of prams?

Anyone got any amazing cold remedies? sad

EmmaJan2015 Mon 27-Oct-14 09:36:10

Hi Kate, i'm due on the 28th Jan. I'm thinking of working up until 16.01 but from mid-December it'll be from home mostly. I might go in once or twice.

I think we've narrowed it down to an Uppababy vista and a Silver Cross Pioneer. I prefer the look of the Silvercross but my mum works at John Lewis and her friend who heads up the babycare section has told her to tell me that she really recommends the Uppababy over the SC.

Re the cold remedies...I would usually suggest a good few glasses of wine this evening (it has worked for me in the past!) but perhaps that's not the best idea at the moment. Otherwise, a nice warm bath, plenty of fluids and lots of sleep. And perhaps a large wodge of cake just because wink

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 10:05:23

Haha i like the idea of cake!!

I'm working til 37+1. Only 7 and a half weeks to go.

I've got the pioneer! In damson. I fell in love! It should be delivered on the 10th november fingers crossed! I never tried the Vista.

SK28 Mon 27-Oct-14 10:29:16

My head is SO not in the (work) game right now - it's all about babies and home-making... I'm 28 weeks together which I know is still much more time to go than many of you ladies, but everything feels like it's rushing towards me so quickly now, what with every weekend in November being booked up already, Christmas rapidly approaching, and then every weekend in January pre-EDD also being booked up! I just want to take a few days off work to do all the baby stuff that's building up on my list and clear it out of my head, but I don't have any holiday days left!

Right - cup of tea, then really must focus for at least the next hour on work!

EmmaJan2015 Mon 27-Oct-14 11:47:33

sk28 I know exactly what you mean. I really dont give a rat's fart about anything work related right now blush. It's not like me at all but I just dont give a shit! I'm either totally knackered all of the time or just focussed on Christmas and then on next year. Work seems like a nuisance!

Kate I love the damson pioneer! I'm veering more towards that one over the uppababy, purely for aesthetical reasons! grin

CallingAllEngels Mon 27-Oct-14 12:18:27

Reporting for duty!

Welcome to all the newbies.

sk I just want all my maternity handover prep to be done and then I will relax at school (as much as I can teaching my classes for the next 5 weeks and keeping up with marking). But we have very few social engagements booked for the next 9 weeks!

chiruri Mon 27-Oct-14 13:22:48

Hi everyone!
29 weeks today! Woke up to a cold sore this morning which is GREAT hmm
Sleep is getting more difficult, and still have 7 weeks left at work!

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 14:00:06

I am not bothered with work at all! Just going through the boring annoying repetitive motions til I get to leave!!!

cheshirem2b Mon 27-Oct-14 14:11:40

I am fine in Court in terms of getting work done - I love the Court work! However when I am in the office doing admin my head is really not with it as all - I genuinely don't care!
Emma I was looking at the SC and the Vista - SC is so pretty but we went for the Vista in the end on a practical basis (shopping basket is bigger, more suited to DH due to the extra height adjustment and I wanted baby to be sat high up when we were out and about) The SC is beautiful though so whichever you get I am sure you will love it!
I should probably speak to the company we ordered our pram from and check we can collect as of 1/12!

SK28 Mon 27-Oct-14 14:14:18

So glad it's not just me! I'm definitely ramping up my handover, but the colleague taking over my projects is on hols this week so for at least one more week it's all on me. Working till Christmas, which feels ages away... will feel better once we are in November at least.

cheshirem2b Mon 27-Oct-14 15:16:33

Just went on the website for the company where we have ordered our Vista and the package we got wasn't on the website... I have emailed them and they have confirmed it is in their warehouse waiting for me to be ready to collect (I've said end of Nov/beginning of Dec) but the colour we have has since been discontinued which is why it isn't on the website! Phew!

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 15:41:47

Haha cheshire those three reasons are why I chose the pioneer!! grin

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 15:42:36

Wow cheshire epic phew!!! I'd have been worried too!!

cheshirem2b Mon 27-Oct-14 16:21:13

Kate it's funny how we all see different things in different prams isn't it? Must admit I'm very relieved I contacted them about the pram... at least I know there won't be LOADS of orange vistas around if they have stopped making them. grin

KateTheHuman Mon 27-Oct-14 18:59:47

Very true! It's a proper limited edition now!! :-)

HollyBerryBedo Mon 27-Oct-14 20:00:09

Hi all,

Popping in to say hi, am 29+1 today and counting!!!

Looking like I've swallowed a football, being kicked about at all hours etc! Def feeling the work countdown, finish at Christmas. Very hard to care as much when you have such an important and life changing event impending!!

What are people's opinions on birth plans and feelings on birth?

Who has other things to juggle such as other young children or pets(!)? I have a house full of animals and wondering how it's all going to come together...

Really interested to hear other peoples journeys;-)

Ps. Emmajan we chose between the very same two and went for the vista!! The vistas meant to be the nuts!! Lol

SK28 Mon 27-Oct-14 21:28:50

Holly, we don't have other children and our only pet is a house bunny. We've decided to re-home her though so she's only with us for two more weeks sad

I'm starting to think about birth plan properly now, prompted mostly by antenatal classes. I'm investigating hypnobirthing techniques and also getting some good breathing and posture advice from pg yoga classes. We haven't yet done our hospital tour but need to fit it in soonish before Christmas parties start taking over all our weekends.

I have 12 weeks today till my due date and that feels like no time at all (although the first 8-12 weeks when we had to keep it a secret went soooo slowly!).

How is your birth plan coming along?

HulaHoopsInTheBath Mon 27-Oct-14 22:11:35

Hey everyone. A new thread I see smile
I am back on here again with a new name and a "will do better" attitude to posting (although I have still be on here lurking from time to time).

Holly I have a DD age 6. So far it seems the perfect age to introduce a sibling. My own little helper, and I keep finding little cards and letters she has written to baby.......all addressed to "Mava"??

Glad to hear Im not the only one who is loosing their work head, scatty is an understatement.

30+3 today, and full of dread that I am going to go into labour at the Christmas party which is not part of my birth plan!

deuscat Mon 27-Oct-14 22:47:36

Hi everyone. Birth plans. Hmmm I really must get organised. I think I have it all in my head, just need to formalise it.

Prams! We have got the silvercross pioneer and I love it! I vaguely looked at uppababy vista in the shop but had my heart set on sc pioneer.

7.5 weeks till I finish work and my head is also not in the work zone anymore! Can't wait to finish!

29+3

AlteredCarbon Mon 27-Oct-14 23:49:44

I'm so pleased its half term - think I was looking like a zombie last week especially when I started getting nose bleeds in class! It's nice to see other people on here are on the maternity leave countdown too smile I'm really lucky though, my mat supply starts on the 7th Nov so for the last month at work I'll have someone to share teaching/marking with.

Now just need to start getting organised e.g. actually arranging an antenatal class so I have a clue what I want!

29+1

This thread is not accepting new messages.