Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2015 - thread 2 -- morning sickness/sore boobs and early scans a plenty! [title edited by HQ]

(1000 Posts)
jazzyjenbo Mon 20-Oct-14 21:26:51

Welcome aboard the June 2015 bus... Moving towards 12 week scans

Stats https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tidWbZTzcxGNRcAB0lGlwkA/htmlview?pli=1

AnythingNotEverything Mon 20-Oct-14 21:36:15

Found you! Thanks for the new thread Jazzy.

notsoold Mon 20-Oct-14 21:38:11

Hello again!!!

SunbathingCat Mon 20-Oct-14 21:40:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jazzyjenbo Mon 20-Oct-14 21:40:43

I've asked to change the title to thread 2, not sure i can do that myself shock

Jackiebrambles Mon 20-Oct-14 21:46:19

Thanks Jazzy!

SunbathingCat Mon 20-Oct-14 21:46:39

Choccywoccydodah Mon 20-Oct-14 21:57:00

Marking my place! Thanks jazzy

Chookford Mon 20-Oct-14 22:11:36

Marking my place! I'm shattered so will catch up with everyone in the morning, night ladies...

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Mon 20-Oct-14 22:22:46

Thanks for the new thread smile

My did is July 2012 so the same age, Jazz. I was on the June thread then but she was 12 days overdue..... Nightmare!

FreeWee I think we will probably tell people earlier this time. Last time we told our immediate family at about this stage, and I told my headmaster and the lady in the next door classroom in case she was called upon to keep an eye on my class while I ran for the loo! This time some of my colleagues already know because they knew I thought I'd miscarried last week. I think coz they know I feel like it's already out a bit so I don't mind people knowing. I'm not going to be announcing on fb or anything though!

FreeWee Mon 20-Oct-14 22:23:57

Had horrendous all day every day sickness from 7 weeks last time till biruyh so enjoying the next 2 weeks like they're my last!

FreeWee Mon 20-Oct-14 22:24:19

^birth

ots Mon 20-Oct-14 22:29:05

Just checking in smile
Feels like only yesterday I started the first thread, and its almost a month ago now!

I'm going to try and have an early night tonight as DS is going through a waking up at 5.30 phase (please be a phase!)

ktd2u Mon 20-Oct-14 22:48:54

Found the new thread :-) this telling people malarkey is quite frustrating as I really want to but would hate for anything to go wrong. I've told my sisters and mum and one colleague who is 14 weeks pregnant, that's quite handy as she is at the same hospital but she is having a tough pregnancy so far and that's scaring me confused

perrinelli Mon 20-Oct-14 22:55:39

Hi there, congratulations to everyone. I've been lurking since getting my bfp a week ago so am 5w now. Feeling bit anxious after mmc and erpc in July but also v fortunate to have a bfp so soon after. (Special wave to Tori I remember you from mc thread, I was posting as IWantDogger)

Not sure if anyone's asked this yet but what do others think about getting the flu jab? I think it's offered on the nhs to pregnant women.

ToriB34 Mon 20-Oct-14 23:05:08

AnythingNotEverything Mon 20-Oct-14 23:05:28

Congrats and welcome!

I had the flu jab last winter during last pregnancy. It's not a live vaccine so no side effects other than an achey arm. Would definitely have it again.

jazzyjenbo Mon 20-Oct-14 23:19:18

My dd is the end of july pas, i only joined mn last dec (last time i was pregnant) to ask for baby name advice (not much given).. Hoined the aug 14 an boards...Then had the mmc so joined the mc boards... Then found the AN buses in about feb but lurked until about may i think... I wish i'd discovered mn earlier!!

SunbathingCat Mon 20-Oct-14 23:36:32

MsJupiter Mon 20-Oct-14 23:47:41

I was offered flu jab today, I'm still getting over the cold from hell though so I said no as I couldn't face even mild side effects. She said to come back in a week or so.

I joined MN in 2011 when ttc DS, got brilliant support and loved the humour and warmth of the women here.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 21-Oct-14 04:48:29

Just a quick place mark

bubalou Tue 21-Oct-14 07:52:21

Just marking my spot.

Will catch up in a bit. smile

HariboBrenshnio Tue 21-Oct-14 08:11:18

Marking my place, thanks for the new thread.

I'll be getting the flu jab. I had flu a few years ago and I just can't afford to get that sick, especially with looking after DS and trying to grow a baby! I'd take any side effects over the full thing. Do they offer whooping cough jabs for spring babies? I had it with DS but he was an September baby. Will have that too if it's offered.

JennyOfOldstones Tue 21-Oct-14 08:17:48

I am getting a flu jab at work. Not had one before and haven't had flu for about ten years but in my opinion not worth the risk. Not sure when they recommend having it. Whooping cough is a specific number of weeks, maybe 28 although I might have made that up!

cuphat Tue 21-Oct-14 08:21:27

I had the flu jab last time and I will this time. It's just not worth the risk. You can have it at any stage, even early in the first trimester.

This thread is not accepting new messages.