Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2015 #4 - time to start glowing and growing

(989 Posts)
BrixtonBunny Sat 18-Oct-14 11:57:53

I thought I'd start a new thread as the old one was almost full up xxx

TinyTear Sat 18-Oct-14 12:03:16

Hello, marking place

15w today.
Might go and get a maternity coat later

chiliplant Sat 18-Oct-14 12:05:16

I'm 15w today as well! Are u showing at all yet?x

BrixtonBunny Sat 18-Oct-14 12:05:27

Tiny I have no idea what to do about coats! I have a cape which I love and wear anyway, but it's useless in the rain hmm

Trouble is that I'm already a size 16 so the idea of getting a coat the size of a village tent is a bit depressing wink

15 + 3

BrixtonBunny Sat 18-Oct-14 12:07:20

Chilli I've got a little bump, but not sure if it's bagels or baby! (That would make a good blog...) It's different to how I looked before though. Also I'm sure I've felt some movement, like a little spasm or flutter where the baby is. Exciting!

TinyTear Sat 18-Oct-14 12:09:05

Not showing just a bit fat(ter)

I want one from JoJo maman bebe that has a panel you add and remove after baby or keep it on to use with a sling.

Last time dd was January so manages without one, but for April I think I will need one

Lauren82000 Sat 18-Oct-14 12:10:40

Just saving my place.

chiliplant Sat 18-Oct-14 12:19:40

That's about where I am. Just a rounded belly quite firm but not popping out or anything really!
I don't know why but I'm desperate t get t 16weeks. In my head that's established! Time is going so slowly though!!
My coats ok so far.. Think it will b for a while. Still scared t tempt fate which is a bit annoying!x

ChickenMe Sat 18-Oct-14 12:20:53

I have a bump - I was a 10-12 but have had to buy 14 maternity jeans cos my stomach is feeling quite tender. I think it's stretching. I got some nice maternity jeans from H and M which are very comfy. Also they are still nice and tight everywhere else.

I also have a tennis ball sized fibroid so I think my bump is big for dates. sad

ChickenMe Sat 18-Oct-14 12:22:07

Ps I'm 16w and still getting a bit of nausea!

FizzyBubbly Sat 18-Oct-14 12:23:10

Ooh a shiny new thread! DD was due in April too and I got away without a maternity coat. Extra layers and a chunky scarf to cover the gap at the front did the job. Think I might need to invest in one this year though as last time I mainly hibernated indoors whereas this time I will be taking DD for walks in all weathers just to get her out the house once a day. No need for anything smart or dressy so was thinking maybe a parka style

kismac Sat 18-Oct-14 12:24:04

I felt a flutter in my belly when I was in the bath, was quite exciting. Not sure I've really got a bump but I no longer have abs. Can't wait to start showing and not just feel fat. 14 weeks tomorrow. Eek.

TinyTear Sat 18-Oct-14 12:33:54

Fizzy, the JoJo is parka style.

And yes, I will also have a 3yo to take to the playground and so on so will be more outdoors

TheBooMonster Sat 18-Oct-14 12:38:11

When we got married I was 7 months pregnant and living with DH's parents so I embraced my inner cheeky and asked for vouchers for baby shops or baby things that mum and MiL had a list for, people were shockingly generous, I think in the end we received more money in gifts than we'd actually spent on the wedding... in fact we definitely did as a lot of the wedding costs were given as gifts from DH's family... who said weddings were expensive? :P

RiverRocks Sat 18-Oct-14 12:55:53

Morning ladies. Thanks for the new thread Brixton

I'm slowly getting over the nausea, as long as I'm not tired or hungry. Unfortunately I was both at 6am this morning. That was the closest I've been to actually being sick - it was not fun. Particularly as I was stood over the kitchen sink with the cat trying to climb my legs demanding breakfast!

I most definitely have a bump, and it's not a fat bump; it goes from under my boobs to my pelvis just like in my book even though she's at least 6 weeks further on than me by the time hers is this big hmm

17+2

lila35 Sat 18-Oct-14 13:09:34

I'm hoping to get away with the parka I bought last year, I'm in and out of the car all day so should be ok. There are some lovely maternity coats around though.

16+2

prevlurker123 Sat 18-Oct-14 13:10:52

Thanka for starting the new thread!! I am 14 weeks this weekend (almost cant believe it!). I think I am still in a bit of denial and still loving telling friends for the first time. Definately havent thought of buying anythig yet but will be revisiting these threads when that time comes for tips!! I think I have a bit of a bump now....Definately a change in hardness from my usual wine-belly haha!

RiverRocks Sat 18-Oct-14 13:23:32

prevlurker DH poked mine the other day and was really surprised it was hard. I don't know if he thought it was all going to be just fat and squishy hmm Might be time to get him one of those books for dads. Any recommendations?

cinnamongreyhound Sat 18-Oct-14 13:23:39

Thanks Kelbells, I may pick your brains.

I love ikea furniture! We have malm stuff on our bedroom, have their bookshelves and DVD racks. My boys have blue chests of drawers that are plastic coated and really sturdy. Need to get one more for ds2 as he's currently got the cupboards under the changing unit. We had a cot and then toddler bed which is an awesome car and thought it would help bed transition and it has slightly raised sides so they never fell out.

That sucks FizzyBubbly! I've had a cold for 10 days now and I'm fed up! I recommend the plugins for bunged up little ones, worked wonders for ds2, the calpol one isn't as good as I think the karvol one but it may be Vicks.

Glad bleeding is settling down Lauren82000. I used fb on my phone mostly and unless I spot a post from mutual friends I don't see birthdays so don't feel too bad smile

Thanks for the new thread BrixtonBunny, I had big thick cardy with ds1 with only a couple of buttons and then wrapped it round, was a size 18 then.

I have a bit of a bump now but it's weirdly highly like I was before sad

I get a sore back if I lay in the same positions too long but that's not pregnancy related.

15+5

BonjourMinou Sat 18-Oct-14 13:25:21

Hi all! Marking place I'm 14 weeks tomorrow shock

Today we start the arduous process of clearing out the spare room and sticking almost everything in it on ebay ready to put DD in it.

MIL has been in my ear saying it will be psychologically damaging moving DD1 to a new room to make space for the baby. I said tough, I need the room, the changing table and rocking chair for the new one, so she'll have to get over it! desperately hopes MIL does not MN

Misty414 Sat 18-Oct-14 13:26:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BananaToast Sat 18-Oct-14 13:46:54

No bump here still. Got a cold and feeling sorry for myself. But went out with DH to look at buggies today which was exciting and made it all feel quite real!

I'm not planning on buying a maternity coat, just using my normal ones wrapped around me. My friend has one I can borrow if I need. One less thing to worry about buying!

We still haven't told most people, but most close friends and family now know. I just feel nervous telling everyone in case something goes wrong, I'd hate having to untell people I'm not that close to.

I think once NIPT results are in (hopefully end of next week) I may feel a bit calmer.

dancestomyowntune Sat 18-Oct-14 13:57:29

I suddenly had a bump yesterday. It just popped out of nowhere! Dh was most impressed! And I have definitely felt a few movements too.

Wineandchoccy Sat 18-Oct-14 15:59:20

My blood test results for downs arrived today 1 in 7200 which puts me in the low category.

I feel rubbish today and we are supposed to be going out tonight with some friends to a gig and I really can't be bothered, going to have a sleep to see if it makes me feel any better.

TinyTear Sat 18-Oct-14 16:04:18

Got it

It's this one

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+navy-2-in-1-padded-maternity-coats-in-maternity-bestsellers+b4743

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now